London Trip

new_look

Not too in depth but have just been on a pleasant weekend away to london with Jade, and i specified before we went that i was to take no flat shoes at all.

Packed in to the suitcase were my 4.5in stiletto boots, and my 4.5in block boots, and i wore my wedge 4in boots to start.

The hotel people gave some dodgy looks when we walked in, but i dont care, they were probably dodgy anyway. Jade not a big fan of heels wore her 2in kitten heel knee boots, which made me feel much more comfortable. I think it helps the image if you both wear heels, and plus she was making all the noise :D

being chicken me, i didnt change into my higher 4.5 in stilettos while the night on Sat and we walked along the thames and round westminster. It was lots of fun, and not tht many people noticed i have to say.

On sunday i wore my wedge boots through the day again, being my more discreet heels, but i only recall one or two people actually taking any notice at all. We did see a man with his partner looking rather nervous while stood at the pedestrian crossing at westminster. When we crossed the road i saw why, he was wearing heels too!! A sight i thought i wouldnt see.

Later that day i changed into my block boots with the higher heel. I have to say as unusual as this sounds, that the 4.5inch block boots are more comfortable than the lower heeled wedges. Must be how they are made.

Over in all it was an excellend trip, and being in heels all the time was just bliss. It helped my confidence even more, as even in my most noticable heels, not many actually noticed or cared anyway. It was a big help to have jade with me doing the same though.

here are a couple of pictures for good measure

my good self at trafalgar sq

Posted Image

and in the hotel

Posted Image

and one of jade, also at traf sq

Posted Image

sorry for the rather long report :D

daz

Didn't seem too long Daz, sounds like you enjoyed your stay in London, well done on wearing your heels throughout.

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

Daz - Great to see a shot of Jade for the first time. She looks great and I hope you can get her along to the Bristol meet. I'm hoping Dr Shoe and Ruth will be there and also Ruthy and maybe Nigel and his nice wife. I'm please you enjoyed your London trip and that it helped boost your confidence! Although Jade is not a heel fanatic, what is her highest pair? Does she have any special pair to put on fleetingly just to please you? Please give her our very best wishes from the Megaforums membership! Cheers, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

i must admit apart from the meet lads, ive never seen another man in proper womens heels. Only the odd goth in big platform shoes which are sold as mens anyway. its a pleasant sight to see, and reassuring too, the more people see it, the more they will get used to it and it will become overall more accepted without us having to force our way in. I think our veterans enjoy the part of being slightly different and hope that poeple will notice, but wouldnt it be fair to say that if poeple were generally accepting, that a sexy pair of shoes would attract attention anyway. and the weekend was fabulous to those who asked. More pleasant than recent experiences as i had an accident in the car last week. :D many thanks again. i am hoping to do something similar later too, holidays are rare when you work 7 days, so i will be making the most of them :D daz

Hello Daz! I'm sure all of us readers would be interested if you could describe the heels that you saw the other guy wearing (and whether Jade owns anything higher, even if not her norm). Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

shes got some about 4inch, sandals for clubbing but usually sticks to something lower. her highest were 4.5inch denim stilettos which she kindly donated to me :D the other man was wearing boots with a fairly chunky heel of id say roughly 3inch but definately heeled and definately not a mens shoe! he was a fairly old guy too :D daz

good stuff Daz..... I wish I have the balls to do what you did (slightly ironic as that's the reason why i can't wear heels... :D I haven't seen any guys in sydney wearing heels (except for myself on the rare brave occasions), but it's encouraging to hear that you have seen another man wearing heels which must mean it's getting more common and hopefully acceptance will come soon.....

I think our veterans enjoy the part of being slightly different and hope that poeple will notice, but wouldnt it be fair to say that if poeple were generally accepting, that a sexy pair of shoes would attract attention anyway.

daz

Funnily enough, as a veteran, I suppose, I blow hot and cold about that. Yes, sometimes it's fun when people do the double-takes and all the spectrum of reactions, but at other times, my feeling can be summarised as 'bu**er off and mind your own business'.

Still there are days when I would like to wear something outrageous, but I don't feel up to handling the reactions, so choose something relatively conservative instead.

Xa

Dear Daz, Let me congratulate you for your London trip, and for having such a beautiful and understanding partner. I have made a similar approach with my wife concerning going out in heels. I was very afraid that she would be quite reluctant to see me in public in heels, but thanks to the very wise advices I have read in this forum I am glad I took the right approach and now I can go out with her in decent heels with no special problem at all. The first choice was to start with shoe designs wich were not too outrageous. My approach was: you know I like heels, you know some are really confortable and nice looking to you and me, you accept I wear them at home, so why not going out with them ?. Why not ? Why the hell really not ? So I took a wide, block heeled mule which is 4,5 in high in black. Dressed in long pants which almost cover the entire heel, it allowed her to realize that nobody cares, that nothing happens at all. First outings were to the mall at late hours in regular working days. It is smart to link this with activities that she would like, e.g. hunting for sales, shopping or just doing the odd supermarket buys for the week. The key is that she feels comfortable doing that. The next step was to sit in a bar or restaurant, which makes the heel quite visible nevertheless. And again, nothing happens. Don't forget to order her favourite drink or meal, make her feel comfortable. She realized after a few outings that this is simply a fashion choice which is publicly acceptable, if noticed at all, when it is properly combined with the remaining outfit. Keeping a profile of smootheness and normality is the key. I will post some photographs, but the overall outfit is very similar to your picture, Daz. To end with it, if you feel she has the slightest possibility that she would accept you going out in heels, it is extremely worth trying to confess your desires in the most honest and natural way and agree with her to a kind of "outing in heers plan". If she really loves you and is open minded she will end up accepting it as long as you demonstrate her that you remain the very same person and take it step by step, because at the very end nothing strange really happens. She would like to visit London (we live in Barcelona). It is more and more possible to link it with a heel meeting in a future. You Britsh guys have a really solid block of people and I wish it could be simpler for us to attend one of your meetings. Congratulations again ! Regards, Robert.

im sure that another london meet will be arranged sometime in the future. Im a keen arriver to London meets for the facts that its easy for me to reach by train, as is most locations due to the vast number of stations. I know it pretty well, and theres loads of choice of shops and places to visit. congrats with your partner anyway. as you said the extra bond is a great help and can be fun daz