Do you wish they asked you about your heels?

KneeBooted

So I have noticed this here a few times recently, most noticeably this morning.

I have come across situations where someone has noticed my riding boots or heels, and made an effort to confirm what they are seeing, sneakily of course. I catch them, but I don't usually strike up a conversation. I secretly wish they would ask me about them, whether privately or publicly.

The reason I thought about this is this morning I was sitting in church, and a girl in her mid-late 20's that I know fairly well was sitting directly behind me.

At one point I get up and when walking back to my seat, I noticed her clearly trying to look at my shoes and figure out what I was wearing. I am not sure she was too embarrassed or confused, but I wish she had asked me either in person or said something to me on Facebook(we are friends on there) regarding them.

Does anyone else ever have that?

• Like 1

Well, I'm not sure if I have ever caught someone sneaking a peak at my boots, but surely do want them to do so.  I am always hoping for positive reactions, and sure hope people would not be embarrassed or too shy to comment.  I have only actually received positive feedback once, from a guy riding with me on an elevator.  His words were:  "nice kicks!"  I thanked him, even though I realized that alcohol had probably lessened his inhibitions about commenting. 

For me, this topic is a real double edge sword type of situation.  I need to be a bit more bold about showing off my boots if I really expect to get any positive reinforcement.  But, being more bold will surely attract more negative attention as well....

I also remember the time I commented a guy on one of my flights who was wearing a nice pair of tall riding boots over snug black jeans.  I really couldn't help myself, had to say something.  I complimented him while he walked by during boarding, then complimented him once again while I was walking through the cabin mid flight.  The fellow really offered no response to my compliments so I felt it was best to leave him alone, even though I wanted to strike up a conversation. 

• Like 1

pebblesf, this is very recognizable. I wear heels because I like the feel and look, and not because I want to make a clear statement "hey everybody, look at me". Most of the time my heels remain unnoticed. So far I did not experience negative reactions. And I would like to avoid this to happen. But we are not alone in this world and I guess (almost) everyone will like to receive compliments. It doesn't bother me when I notice someone staring, because I am open to meet someone with genuine interest in why I wear heels. So yes, it's indeed double....

I have never seen another guy in heels. In case it happens and I think the moment is right, I'm sure I would make a positive comment. But in case the person is not responding, you have to respect that. So I think you were right not to bother the guy in boots on your flight anymore.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So an update...

Last week she was not there, but today she was and I was again wearing the same riding boots as before. Unless my eyes deceived me, she definitely snuck a picture of them. I definitely want to approach it now, but not sure how to without it being awkward, especially if she Didn't take a picture...

New update: so last night, I told my wife about this. She laughed and said that since I banter back and forth with this girl on a regular basis, I should just call her out on it. So I did...

It turns out she was checking out my shoes! She had a shoe fetish and had never seen a guy wear shoes like I did and she really liked them. Needless to say we developed a new friendship last night!

• Like 6

21 hours ago, KneeBooted said:

New update: so last night, I told my wife about this. She laughed and said that since I banter back and forth with this girl on a regular basis, I should just call her out on it. So I did...

It turns out she was checking out my shoes! She had a shoe fetish and had never seen a guy wear shoes like I did and she really liked them. Needless to say we developed a new friendship last night!

Very cool indeed!

Back in the day when i dressed more androgynous, people looked quizzically at my shoes/boots all the time. In the summer in sandals they looked at the color on my toes too. Was this a guy? yes? why is he wearing women's shoes? are those women's shoes? Is he one of those people? (queue whatever prejudice they could mentally come up with quickly). Rarely did anyone ever say anything. The only negative responses were a mean looks. Usually i just smiled at them.

Positive responses included things like "nice boots" etc. One time in mid summer i was traveling from the Salt Lake City airport home and going through security i was wearing women's jeans, women's sandals and a man's t-shirt. The sandals had to go on the belt and while i am in the queue for the scanner, the lady next to me nudged her friend and pointed at my very light blue painted toes. I caught her doing that and smiled to which she replied " that is really awesome" i said thanks and she asked, " is that a canary blue color? " i was like...yes i think so and i think i told her Revlon 904 or something like that and we chatted a bit more. Once people get use to seeing people dress a bit non-mainstream they are actually pretty nice about it.

• Like 2