Cinema Experience

Pointer7

Hi All,

As I'm only just starting to try public outings Im starting small. I went to the cinema last night, parked up and changed in to some flats with opaque black tights and jeans and walked to the cinema. It felt great to be in public even if it's only in flats (not ready for heels!) I'm going to try getting some fuel tonight while wearing them and hopefully it won't be too obvious! I have the ones in the attached picture except in black 

verkoop11.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pointer7 said:

hopefully it won't be too obvious!

No one and I mean no one  will notice those flats, especially in black.  They do look comfy.

Take small steps toward your goal of public heeling and keep pushing your own self imposed boundaries.  Eventually you will realize that few notice and nobody cares what you have on your feet.

:wavey:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

4 minutes ago, Pointer7 said:

but there's always that small niggling doubt in my head

Either you like your look, or you don't.  If you don't like the image looking back at you in a mirror, don't let anyone else see it.  If you do like it, then show it off with confidence.  If you worry about someone seeing your shoes, that is all you will do and you won't have a bit of fun.  In fact I'll recommend you carry TUMS with you to settle your stomach.

People will see your shoes!  They won't care, but they will see them.  Treat you shoes like your shirt, coat, sweater,... "This is what I'm wearing and I think it looks good."  Folks will respect that attitude, you won't need the TUMS, and you will have a great time.

• Like 1

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Pointer7,

You obviously feel  you made progress since you'll undoubtedly do it again. The point is you made it happen. TBG is very correct in that your shoes will be noticed but you will be so aware of it because nobody made any overt signs they had noticed. You'll be noticed in ballet flats, or wedges or pumps, or even thigh-high boots but the important thing is did you enjoy the night?

55 minutes ago, Pointer7 said:

I have since been to get fuel while wearing them so it will be shopping next!

Glad your out and about in them.  Be careful at the fuel station as one errant drop of gasoline will leave a nasty stain.

On 2/13/2017 at 3:06 PM, Pointer7 said:

They do look very inconspicuous and I know that really no one will notice but there's always that small niggling doubt in my head

Pfft! Don't let those thoughts bring you down. People will notice what you wear, and to that, I say, so what. As long as you're cool and calm and comfortable with your attire, no one will care. Just go out and have fun, that's the important thing.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

It sounds like you enjoyed the experience of wearing the flats in public. Congrats! Any time one ventures outside their comfort zone, it is a milestone. I remember before getting out of my car, the first time I wore heels in public, I thought the whole world would be staring at my shoes, and making rude and insulting comments. Although I felt a huge rush of exhilaration, when taking those initial steps, and loved every minute of the heel wearing itself, the actual experience of what I thought, would be "dealing" with people's comments, attitude towards me, etc., was a total non event! No one said a word! Hardly anyone noticed I was even wearing heels, and I was in an area with loads of people passing me on the sidewalks, in stores, etc. I was actually a little shocked that it did not cause more of a reaction. That was many, many years ago, and though I've worn heels in public many hundreds if not thousands of times since then, I can count the negative reactions on one hand. And even those negative reactions I am referring to, were not all that negative at all, usually just someone taking a second look at the heels with a quizzed look on their face, or a look of disapproval. I've never experienced a negative comment from anyone. The reality is, most people are too busy with what they are caught up with in life, to care what some stranger has on their feet. Take a look at what kids and teenagers, and twenty something's are wearing these days. Not much really surprises people any more, because of all the diversity that is out there. I was in a busy albeit artsy part of town recently, and walking past a group of teenagers, when I noticed one of the teenage boys who was maybe 17 or 18 years old, and was talking to a mix of male and female friends who were about the same age. He was wearing black jeans and a pair of pink and white Chuck Taylors. When I was 17, I could not have imagined being able to pull that off in front of my high school friends, without becoming the an outcast in school. And today, that is nothing to these kids! Have fun wearing what you like. Life is too short to worry about what people think about your footwear choices.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, LuvsStiletto said:

It sounds like you enjoyed the experience of wearing the flats in public. Congrats! Any time one ventures outside their comfort zone, it is a milestone. I remember before getting out of my car, the first time I wore heels in public, I thought the whole world would be staring at my shoes, and making rude and insulting comments. Although I felt a huge rush of exhilaration, when taking those initial steps, and loved every minute of the heel wearing itself, the actual experience of what I thought, would be "dealing" with people's comments, attitude towards me, etc., was a total non event! No one said a word! Hardly anyone noticed I was even wearing heels, and I was in an area with loads of people passing me on the sidewalks, in stores, etc. I was actually a little shocked that it did not cause more of a reaction. That was many, many years ago, and though I've worn heels in public many hundreds if not thousands of times since then, I can count the negative reactions on one hand. And even those negative reactions I am referring to, were not all that negative at all, usually just someone taking a second look at the heels with a quizzed look on their face, or a look of disapproval. I've never experienced a negative comment from anyone. The reality is, most people are too busy with what they are caught up with in life, to care what some stranger has on their feet. Take a look at what kids and teenagers, and twenty something's are wearing these days. Not much really surprises people any more, because of all the diversity that is out there. I was in a busy albeit artsy part of town recently, and walking past a group of teenagers, when I noticed one of the teenage boys who was maybe 17 or 18 years old, and was talking to a mix of male and female friends who were about the same age. He was wearing black jeans and a pair of pink and white Chuck Taylors. When I was 17, I could not have imagined being able to pull that off in front of my high school friends, without becoming the an outcast in school. And today, that is nothing to these kids! Have fun wearing what you like. Life is too short to worry about what people think about your footwear choices.

great advice indeed....

• Like 1