High Heeled Training Diary #6

Laurieheels

The snow is still on the ground in Calgary. Parking lots and street corners are caked with it. The temperature is still cold. Spring, where are you? Monday was a driving day, and I wore my ankle boots (3 inch heel for anyone new) and changed into the new five inch heel Patents at work. I wore them for three and a half hours and took them off while I had lunch at my desk. I tend to sit with my feet locked in a high heel position during these moments. I tuck my legs under my swivel chair and keep the balls of my feet on the frame legs that lead to the wheels. In the afternoon I managed another three hours before I changed back into my boots and drove to pick up my sister from work. Tuesday morning started off in much the same way, and I had another three and a half hours in the morning with some walking around our building. Trip to the mail room, trip to some other department, and after all of my filing and report update and some dealing with customers, it was time for lunch. Again, a break, and three and a half hours in the afternoon. The difference with Tuesday - I had to go see the doctor after work, and instead of doing the sane thing and switching into my boots or my Oxfords (I had both along), I wore my Patents. I walked to the parking lot, which meant crossing a street, stepping over the little ridge left when they plow the streets, navigating the ice patches on the road, and then the parking lot which they never clean. I cannot say I enjoy this part of my adventure on Tuesday as much as I would like. It is interesting when heels dig into the snow and jab into some packed on patches of the white. I feel awkward walking across rough surfaces now that I am at five inches for my heel height. It is as if I lack the grace I would in the office, and I am so slow and uncertain about my steps. Yet I push on, because I do push myself sometimes. That's why I have a "trainer", to make sure I stay safe in this. I drove in five inch heels, which was a new experience for me. I must say, it worked well enough for a slow drive through downtown Calgary. The trick is laying down a towel on the floor of the car and testing foot positions. Normally I would balance my foot on the heel if I had flat shoes. When wearing heels, I try to balance on the end of the heel, but that is not going to work in five inch heels. It also leads to heel damage. So I tried resting my right foot on the back, and I only need the heel to come into play if I need to speed up or apply some brake real quick. My doctor moved to a new office, and of course I walked into the wrong building. I did a lot of walking in my Patent heels on Tuesday. All told, from 1pm until 6 pm, so a five hour stretch with a good deal of walking. My feet were a bit tired, the arch muscles needing the most rest. Wednesday, I walked to work in my ankle boots, and it was another three and a half hours in my five inch heels, lunch break, and three and a half hours. Nothing exciting to report, it was mostly sitting around with desk work or customer issues. Thursday I had the day off and I went with my sister to see a new doctor for her. This clown will not be her new doctor though, he was a joke. Anyone who knows anything about Alberta can understand that it is not easy for anyone to find a new family doctor. I started out the day in my oxfords, as I knew I would be walking quite a bit and the evil of snow still grips our city. When we came home I decided I would switch into the five inch heeled patents for a few hours around the apartment. And I fell asleep for about two hours. Never lie down for just a moment of rest, it can lead to big naps. When I managed to shake off that clouded feeling that sleep can bring, I left on the patents while I meandered around the apartment. Then my sister and I went to see our Mum and do a bit of shopping. I left on the patents and out the door we went. I wore them from Noon until 8:15, and yes almost two hours were me having a kitten nap, but still, another six and a half hour stretch with some involved walking. We all went to dinner at a hotel lounge and I enjoyed it quite a bit. Walking for a buffet line without effort, struggling over the fresh falling snow outside. At that point I was really thinking I am a stupid girl and why am I pushing myself? I made it, and it was worth it. Friday was a push day. I drove to work for another early morning, and I wore my Oxfords to drive. They have a thicker post heel and they handle that parking lot a bit better. I switched into the patents and I went four hours in them, had a half hour break from them at lunch, and then another four hours at which point I should have switched back to the oxfords to go home. Vanity took hold, I am sad to report. My sister and I were going for Sushi at our favourite place downtown, so I left the patents on my feet and I went to get her. I felt really good wearing them, and I had them on until 7pm, so a seven hour stretch this time. The drawback is the weather. This does require some intensive cleaning of my shoes at the end of the day. I have a scratch, well more of a gouge, on the back of the left heel at the tip. I decided I would not be upset about that, and I would just keep wearing the shoes. No need to be upset, I can afford to replace them if I would like to do that. Saturday, well I did go out in my four inch Oxfords while doing some shopping. My car had a burnt out headlight (bulb or globe, take your pick) and I prefer to replace these myself because it is easy. Five dollars for a bulb at Walmart! And five minutes work to change it. Yes, very unlady like but would you rather I paid someone to change the headlight or should I spend that money on new shoes? :smile: Being stubborn as I tend to be, I changed the headlight as soon as I arrived home. This meant four inch oxfords, in the snow drift at the front of the car in the parking stall, and yes I was dirty after that, yes I managed okay, it works and I am a mechanically inclined girl. I would rather cook, but life is not about rathers, it is about musts. And yes, I realize some may think changing the headlight in heels is some faker fantasy, but if I were worried about that, would I have bothered to post it? No, so that means the story is as you read it. I wore my five inch heels Saturday night at home for about five hours, just to keep in some sort of shape with them. Adapting to a new height is not easy if the weekends are too slack in the training. Next week should see new shoes. A trip to the heels online office for three new pairs! Buy two, get one free. How wonderful. I will report on that next time. For now, it is Sunday, and I am going to relax. I may need to go shopping, but that will be quick and done in my oxfords because I can ruin them now, they are only four inch heels, and as the weather grows warmer (will that actually happen this year?) I will be ready for five inch heels for most situations. Until next time...

What's all this shopping for Doctor's stuff, surely it's easy enough to find someone who has a clue? Mechanical, I'm not that mechanical, but can change a light bulb too. Anyhow, keep it up the 5 inch stuff reminds me a lot about myself, I too often take my shoes off at my desk, quite relaxing. Inga :smile:

HEELS are POWER the HIGHER the BETTER.

Doctors are not paid as much as they are in America, so the good doctors go where the money is. Doctors who stay here are either compassionate, or they are so awful no one wants them. We have a shortage, so a good doctor is tough to find. I found a good one, and cute, but thankfully not tall enough to have me hooked on him. That was a long time ago, and it seems the quality has fallen in recent years. Yes, taking off shoes at the desk can be a nice change, a cooling off period, I would say.

Laurie, its very interesting to read your diaries and see how the goal of full-time in heels impacts simple things in life, like driving. Thanks again for sharing your diary with us. Here's a question for you if you have time. :smile: Is your sister aware of your training in heels? How about other family or your close friends? If not, is it because you think they'd react negatively? When you do end up being in heels full time, do you think you'll let your loved ones know that you've made a lifestyle choice, or will you just not say anything and let them reach their own conclusions? Achilleus

I wear some sort of heel about 95% of the time. I have not said anything except I love it, and I may go higher. I think they know, and it has always been known that I am a girl who likes shoes. Funny story my mother told me, about a relative in Denmark. Whenever this woman had a fight with her boyfriend, he would buy her shoes to make up for it and they would always get back together. I think that would happen to me as well. :smile:

http://www.game.org/cgi-bin/v/show.pl?05

Cut and paste that link into your browser, and go over to Jenny's to read why I decided to let everyone have a peek, albeit an old picture.

You cannot direct link from here, so you need to copy it out into a new browser window I believe. Even then it gets tricky, so be warned everyone.

Try to hilight the link from right to left, and when it goes yellow, copy. If it says copy shortcut, then you need to keep trying. Don't ask me why.

I have to be me.

No one else is going to do it!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Laurieheels on 2002-03-19 18:16 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Laurieheels on 2002-03-19 18:17 ]</font>

Hello Laurieheels I have been reading your posts and enjoying your experiences very much. I agree about people just accepting you are the high heel girl at your work, its the same for me. You may not remember me, but I live in high heels too, here in Toronto. I wish you much happiness from your high heels.Now that I have a little bit more free time we should trade stories I'm sure I have some experiences for you to here. Meg-ann High on Heels

Hey Laurie, Interesting week you had.. Keep them coming.. Like your pictures.. Somehow you look very much the way I pictured you in my mind. (I always do that when I know someone only form writing/phoning, but mostly I'm way of... :smile:)

Greetz, Jeff

---

"She's going shopping, shopping for shoe-oe-oe-oes

She wants them in magenta and Caribbean blue-ue-ue-ue" - Imelda, Mark Knopfler

On 2002-03-21 00:44, Jeff wrote:

Like your pictures.. Somehow you look very much the way I pictured you in my mind. (I always do that when I know someone only form writing/phoning, but mostly I'm way of... :smile:)

I look the way you pictured me? Wow, and here I was changing my shade of red every few months, trying to be different all the time... and now, blonde and I will likely change that every few months as well.

Maybe you are talking about something that goes beyond hair... ??

B) Thank you for liking my pictures.