What's your favourite shoe shop?

Firefox

I like the Sacha shops for live shopping and have very good experiences with Steve Madden on the internet.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Highluc on http://walk.to/highluc

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Highluc on 2002-01-09 02:10 ]</font>

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

Don't really have a favourite shoe shop. I browse them all. If I see something of interest, I go in and investigate further, else I walk by. Quite often, though, I go to the local warehouse, where I can buy shoes and boots at wholesale prices. Distinct advantage of living in cobblers county (Northamptonshire). I try them in the shop side of the warehouse and but them on the trade counter (they don't let you try them on in the warehouse) B) I also scan the local charity shops, you never know when they have something good in :smile:

Don't really have one as such, I buy most of mine through the internet or by mail order from the UK. Getting shoes in my size in Hong Kong is almost impossible. I hear that Barretts in the UK sometimes has nice shoes, but don't know as it has been a few years since we visited. Debbie

This is a platform free shoe zone!

Shoe stores have been co-opted to ruin my life and make me cry. Only Sterling Shoes remains a success for me. There, size ten is actually size ten, though not every style is made in my size, even thogh it is the top of the "standard" range. Internet? Oh how foul and evil, to attempt to order something with credit, and risk having it all go wrong. I fear this option, and I like to walk around in the shoes BEFORE I pay for them. It's the only way to know for sure!

On 2002-01-12 05:19, Debbie(HK) wrote:

Don't really have one as such, I buy most of mine through the internet or by mail order from the UK. Getting shoes in my size in Hong Kong is almost impossible. I hear that Barretts in the UK sometimes has nice shoes, but don't know as it has been a few years since we visited.

Debbie

Hi Debbie,

What size shoes do you wear in UK sizes ?

You are right, Barretts do have some nice heels from time to time, but I reckon the favourite UK stores are Faith & Schuh, where a good few of their shoes have around 5 inch heels.

Nine to Elleven is a good place to browse and try on. Argos is coming up with some nice shoes up to size 10, and wide fitting. A local branch of Clarks was very helpful the other day, no problem trying on in the shop.

original quote by IHeels

I'm a fashion victim, the only thing that saves me is I have a reasonable disposable income. Shoe shops, in Melbourne "Zomp" South Yarra great Italian numbers, and for ultra HH "Shoecraft".

I have spent many hours in the fine South Yarra shoe stores,absolute quality.Shoecraft when owned by Richard Black (I think that was his name) had his ist outlet in a small upstairs apartment there back in the late '80's.

All in all a great place to shop.

On 2002-01-09 14:51, Francis wrote:

Quite often, though, I go to the local warehouse, where I can buy shoes and boots at wholesale prices. Distinct advantage of living in cobblers county (Northamptonshire).

I try them in the shop side of the warehouse and but them on the trade counter (they don't let you try them on in the warehouse)

Blimey - where's that then? Northampton is not all that far from me. Worth a shopping trip for something special, anyhow.

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Sacha seems to be the shop whose shoes I wear outside most frequently, either the spiky sachas I wore at Lakeside and today, or the chisel heel/toe kneehighs I wore in London on UKheel (see reports)

Hi YamYam I think the place Francis mentions is the Kettering branch of United Footwear. Theres a big branch near me, in Coventry which is only a retail place but they do have a large range of styles, mostly only go up to a size 8, aprt from the fetish plats which go up to a size 11 or so. They have branches all over the midlands. Let me know where you're based and I'll find a branch for you. Most stuff is imported from the far east and is pretty cheap (in price and quality)

Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity.

Calv

My journey home from work passes several of my favourite shops - all in Coventry. Lets see, theres Freemans and Littlewoods catalogue outlet stores where bargains can and have been got. United Footwear, see the previous post, Brantano, Next, T K Maxx (though I only ever got a pair of Bally courts for £3 from there, but its fun looking!) Theres also a Wigston Warehouse (Shoefayre) outlet and for the really desperate Matalan and What Everyone Wants. Is Coventry full of cheapskates - judge for yourselves!

Calv

Just my 2 cents.... found the Payless shoes in the US has sizes to 13.... and a fair selection of styles....have 4 pairs with lug bottoms, and block type heels...micro-fiber wedges, lug sole boots with 3 inch heels. The sizing seems to just about right.

http://www.payless.com

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dsltruck on 2002-02-02 01:53 ]</font>

On 2002-01-31 01:06, Calv wrote:

I think the place Francis mentions is the Kettering branch of United Footwear. Theres a big branch near me, in Coventry which is only a retail place but they do have a large range of styles, mostly only go up to a size 8, aprt from the fetish plats which go up to a size 11 or so. They have branches all over the midlands. Let me know where you're based and I'll find a branch for you.

Most stuff is imported from the far east and is pretty cheap (in price and quality)

I'm just west of Birmingham, so I'm about 35 miles from Coventry, but with Brum and the M6 in the way. Is there a web site link?

Ta.

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Thanks Calv. I used to buy all my girlfriends heels from the internet but none of them fitted comfortably. She does wear them for short periods just for me but I've given up buying them. I'll try and get her to go to Kettering (we are in Northampton) so she can try on some pairs. Then maybe I'll get her outside in some :smile: Matt

Re United Footwear. No website link to my knowledge, unless Francis knows different. I cant find a United Footwear carrier bag which has all the branches listed, but I'm still looking. 35 miles West of Coventry - Worcester? maybe

Calv

• 2 weeks later...

Locally, the Scottsdale Fashion Square is great. Charles David, Nine West, Guess, Nordstrom, and Bebe come to mind. Also, Nordstrom has an outlet in Phoenix called Last Chance, where my girlfriend and I have found amazingly good deals on pricey designer heels. Online, Steve Madden is good, as is Esprit. And of course, ebay is the place to go if you're into vintage heels like I am. I mainly go for 70s and 80s styles, but there are a lot of really good shoes from the 40s and 50s that are auctioned there.

A tip for buying shoes online: Not sure how stores list their shoes online, but on ebay, a lot of sellers not only list the size, but the measurements as well. For instance, my gf is a US 7.5, but I've found shoes labelled anywhere from size 6 to 9 that fit her because the sellers listed the length of the insole (9.5-9.75 inches in her case). It helps that she has narrow feet, making width less of a problem. Just a tip.