Excursions Of HeeledSteve

HeeledSteve

I suspect you are right. There is nothing extraordinary about boots with a two inch heel. That could easily be a gateway to broader acceptance were  any manufacturer willing to promote the style.

Edited by Shyheels
  • Like 1

They have a side zip on the inside, almond toe and cone heel so very wearable.

I may wear my Ralph Lauren boots home with the 3 1/2 “ heel. Again these heels are not leather covered. so not damaged by driving. These ankle boots have side zips on both  sides of the boot. I may have to change to the lower heels if driving isn’t comfortable but I think I should be ok.

Addicted to the click

4 hours ago, p1ng74 said:

It seems hard to go wrong with black ankle boots and a 2” heel, though I don’t know the exact style you are wearing.  The ankle “Chelsea” boot style is common on the men’s side.  In my many years of wearing boots with 2” heels every day I have only ever had one guy comment on their height, as I think it is a natural look, yet it gives a noticeably positive difference in feeling to the wearer.  I wonder if guys had easier access to 2” heels, that many others would also find it satisfying and use it as a baseline heel height.  

These particular boots although only 2” have a heel that would certainly be considered a feminine style due to the shape of the heel. Must say though they are very wearable heels.

• Like 1

Addicted to the click

We drove back home yesterday stopping of at the motorway services twice on the way. I was wearing my Ralph Lauren ankle boots with a 3 1/2” heel, zips up both sides. We stopped at one Services for an hour where we wandered around browsing in the various shops as well as having something to eat. After eating we went and sat in the Starbucks as that was all that was on offer in terms of coffee choices.

we relaxed back in some comfortable seats to have a decent break from the car. The heels on my boots were very clear to see and it was very busy, probably the busiest public space I’ve worn heels in to date. I was surprised how easily I managed to drive in the boots but they didn’t present any problems. I’ve attached photos of the boots, apologies as the photos are not the best quality.

4F415F4E-65B3-47FA-BDA5-7361D3D9F37F.jpeg

DC475EF6-AADA-4693-890C-B5079ED9203C.jpeg

• Like 6

Addicted to the click

2 hours ago, HeeledSteve said:

We drove back home yesterday stopping of at the motorway services twice on the way. I was wearing my Ralph Lauren ankle boots with a 3 1/2” heel, zips up both sides. We stopped at one Services for an hour where we wandered around browsing in the various shops as well as having something to eat. After eating we went and sat in the Starbucks as that was all that was on offer in terms of coffee choices.

we relaxed back in some comfortable seats to have a decent break from the car. The heels on my boots were very clear to see and it was very busy, probably the busiest public space I’ve worn heels in to date. I was surprised how easily I managed to drive in the boots but they didn’t present any problems. I’ve attached photos of the boots, apologies as the photos are not the best quality.

I do like those boots mate, it’s a fabulous look and as many have said you should blend in very well with that look, well done mate 

• Like 1

Thanks, the second services was packed, very busy and noisy. Not the most relaxing stop off but we managed to relax a bit even if we could only manage to eat a burger and get Starbucks coffee!

Still you can’t get a relaxed artisan coffee shop experience at a packed motorway services. My Wife wasn’t at all bothered that I was wearing heels but then again she was the one who found them on the website and suggested we buy them. The toe is almond but still fairly narrow. Minimal noise with these particular boots but the background noise was so loud as to be unbelievable. 

It was still good though to get some heel wearing in during day to day activities and with so much public exposure.

• Like 2

Addicted to the click

1 hour ago, HeeledSteve said:

Thanks, the second services was packed, very busy and noisy. Not the most relaxing stop off but we managed to relax a bit even if we could only manage to eat a burger and get Starbucks coffee!

Still you can’t get a relaxed artisan coffee shop experience at a packed motorway services. My Wife wasn’t at all bothered that I was wearing heels but then again she was the one who found them on the website and suggested we buy them. The toe is almond but still fairly narrow. Minimal noise with these particular boots but the background noise was so loud as to be unbelievable. 

It was still good though to get some heel wearing in during day to day activities and with so much public exposure.

Well done mate, must have been a great feeling. And with your wife's encouragement am sure you will continue enjoying your journey!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, HeeledSteve said:

Yes we just wandered  around and did everything that we would normally do. The only difference was I had to take smaller steps and walk more slowly due to the heels.

Yes, but those tradeoffs for wearing heels are minimal compared to the rewards!

Good job!

Steve

Edited by Steve63130
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Steve63130 said:

Yes, but those tradeoffs for wearing heels are minimal compared to the rewards!

Good job!

Steve

And I don’t think it has to be a trade off.  When I first started doing a lot of walking in 4” heels, I found that slowing down actually allowed me to observe and appreciate the things around me more, and kick the habit of walking as fast as possible, all the time, which can be annoying to others at times.  Besides, over time you will probably develop a technique to walk faster in heels for times when you need to be in a hurry.  

• Like 1

Shyheels,

You're quite right about the frenetic pace with which so many lead their lives. The passage of time will cause nearly all to look back and ask "what the hell was all the fuss about?" 

anyone in the U.K,

When one looks at a map one see multi-lane controlled-access motorways (expressways in North America) all over Great Britain and it seems logical given the high quality of life in Her Majesty's Kingdom. Over the years when encountering British tourists in the USA or Canada they have consistently said how difficult it is to cover great distances compared to the two countries here. Since I've never driven in the U.K. I have to ask why. Are those roads operating past capacity? I'm sure you are paying tolls as well? HinH

A lot of reasons. The roads tend to be poorly designed, there are far too many motorists trying to use them, and once you get off the motorways you are on much smaller roads, many of them laid out centuries ago, that were never meant to have anywhere near this level of traffic.  

Britain is a relatively small and crowded island. Especially around London and other major conurbations. There are very few toll roads. The only major one is the M6T, an alternative to the M6 past Birmingham. Several major bridges and tunnels have tolls (Dartford crossing, Humber bridge, Tyne tunnel for example). There are a number of minor toll routes. This is unlike France or Italy where there are many toll routes.

I've driven in several parts of the US and Canada. Mostly the roads are easy and not too crowded. I've also driven in Manhattan and around the tristate area where the traffic jams can be every bit as bad as back home. I remember trying to get across from NJ to Long Island at around midnight and finding the traffic really horrible for no apparent reason apart from too many vehicles and too little road.

• Like 1

On 12/17/2018 at 9:15 AM, HappyinHeels said:

Those are nice looking booties Ron. No, a fall is something you do not need right now. I hope this Chicagoland Christmas finds you well in spirits. HinH

Thanks, HinH.  Merry Christmas to you as well!

On 12/18/2018 at 5:08 AM, HeeledSteve said:

To be truthful I don’t particularly want to be noticed. I’m a confident person but have never worn fashions that turn heads nor have I ever wanted to. I’m sure someone might see that my footwear is not what you would normally see men wearing. If they do see then that’s ok, I’m not trying to get noticed I just like wearing the footwear I wear and want to wear it when I want to. 

All I would hope is not to attract negative attention or ridicule as although I could ignore such narrow mindedness I do think it would diminish the enjoyment of wearing heels.

I agree with that sentiment.  I just like to go about my business and not be attracting attention, and would feel uncomforatble if I did.

11 hours ago, HeeledSteve said:

Those are quite nice Steve.  I would feel reasonably comfortable in those myself.  And how great is it that your wife is cool wit you wearing them!  Lucky guy!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Tonight’s brief excursion was to do a quick bit of shopping in Iceland,(frozen food supermarket if your not familiar). Wearing 55mm cone heeled ankle boots. Then to fill up car with fuel before heading home.

• Like 1

Addicted to the click

My Wife texted me and asked me to pick up some milk on the way home tonight. I called in to a small supermarket to pick this up wearing my Ralph Lauren ankle boots with a 3 1/2" heel paired with denim jeans. I haven't worn these for a while so I noticed how different they were to walk in compared to my lower heels. By the time I had walked from the car across the park I'd got the hang of it again. These heels are very quiet, so no noticeable heel noise but they are clearly visible below the jeans because of the slightly higher heel. I felt confident though as I shopped around the store and stood in the queue to pay. There were plenty of other customers who may well have noticed the boots but to be honest I couldn't say as I wasn't taking any notice.

Dissapointingly my regular coffee stop has started closing at 7pm and so I now don't get there early enough to call off before they've closed. Looks like I'm going to have to find an alternative venue for a post commute coffee.

• Like 3

Addicted to the click

Too bad about the coffee shop.

I doubt very much anyone noticed your boots, or if they did, it didn’t consciously register with them that it was a guy wearing them - a sort of disconnect with the heeled and ostensibly feminine boots at ground level and the face of a guy at eye level.

18 hours ago, Shyheels said:

Too bad about the coffee shop.

I doubt very much anyone noticed your boots, or if they did, it didn’t consciously register with them that it was a guy wearing them - a sort of disconnect with the heeled and ostensibly feminine boots at ground level and the face of a guy at eye level.

Yes, shame they have started to close a bit earlier but I'm sure I will find somewhere better.

Tonight after the gym I bought a few thing at the supermarket then went to get takeaway fish and chips. Wearing the go to 55mm heel ankle boots. 

• Like 1

Addicted to the click

On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 2:32 PM, RonC said:

Thanks, HinH.  Merry Christmas to you as well!

I agree with that sentiment.  I just like to go about my business and not be attracting attention, and would feel uncomforatble if I did.

Those are quite nice Steve.  I would feel reasonably comfortable in those myself.  And how great is it that your wife is cool wit you wearing them!  Lucky guy!

Those are great boots, easy to walk and drive in, they look great....

• 2 weeks later...

Tonight went out for a meal, wearing my Ralph Lauren ankle boots with 3 1/2" heels. We went straight from work so I was wearing more formal dark coloured trousers the boots went well with these though. Enjoyed a nice meal before walking back through town to the car.

• Like 1

Addicted to the click

HeeledSteve,

I really think those 2" heeled boots are virtually indistinguishable  from cowboy boots commonly worn in the Americas. I remember we had a uniform boot when I was uniformed that looked exactly like what you are now wearing. I still have them and should dig them out and snap a photo. Worn with your jeans as in your photo that look would positively blend into the background. Of course, if you wanted to start a cowboy boot trend in the U.K. you certainly could. I have after all worn my cowboy boots and hat in such varied places as Quebec, Belize, Brazil, and Morocco and got nothing but compliments. The boots are stored standing up with foam inside and the hat is stored upside down in the closet away from any dust. HinH 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/18/2018 at 3:52 PM, Shyheels said:

I suspect you are right. There is nothing extraordinary about boots with a two inch heel. That could easily be a gateway to broader acceptance were  any manufacturer willing to promote the style.

On 12/18/2018 at 4:15 PM, HeeledSteve said:

They have a side zip on the inside, almond toe and cone heel so very wearable.

I may wear my Ralph Lauren boots home with the 3 1/2 “ heel. Again these heels are not leather covered. so not damaged by driving. These ankle boots have side zips on both  sides of the boot. I may have to change to the lower heels if driving isn’t comfortable but I think I should be ok.

I would consider 2" as barely qualifying as a 'high' heel, in the context of these discussions.   Most men's 'flat' shoes/boots have a heel that is around 1", and anything up to about 2" is scarcely noticeable.   The men's cuban-heeled boots readily available usually have a heel of around 2.5" (or a little more) and it is the shape and taper of such a heel, rather than the height, that makes it 'different' (and potentially noticeable and perhaps a matter for onlookers' comment).

My avatar 'cowboy' boots (see at left below) have a heel of 2.75" and it is noticeably slimmer than a man's block heel.   Worn under normal length jeans (as I invaraibly do), the boots can pass muster anywhere, although the height is fairly obvious.   (My wife has seen me in them; she dislikes them but has never challenged them as being other than a man's boot.)    Steve's 3.5" boots have a very similar-looking heel, just higher, and I would be very happy to wear them in public.   Alas, I have yet to find such a boot in UK11!   The boots at right below were from Evans, with a more tapered 3.5" heel and a little too obvious (for my taste) when worn in public - and the heels tend to splay inwards when I walk, which is not helpful, due to poor construction.

(For those interested, I saw today that Topshop has reduced still further several nice-looking boots with slim block heels of around 4", e.g. 'March' at £35 - but largest size is UK8 or small 9.) 

172291881_Cowboy1x.png.f2e0eff48ec8296ba803a9e1921efa82.png1908724414_Evanscow1.thumb.jpg.3d722bb481b39ae322a8c9b86781d9e1.jpg

• Like 2

On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 3:08 AM, HeeledSteve said:

Those are great boots for most situations.  They look great, especially with the jeans, a powerful and confident look for sure.  And, I'm sure they are easy to drive in.  

• Like 1