Excursions Of HeeledSteve

HeeledSteve

8 hours ago, nzfreestyler said:

The hardest thing is truely getting used to the heel height in all situations. No kidding it took me over a year of wearing heels to become 'capable' - It took me many years more to master 5 inches for 8+ hours. It cannot be achieved quickly, the best thing is flexibility in the ankles - that is the biggest hurdle - and men have less flexibility than women, its genetic, so it is harder for us to wear the 'big guns' without platforms - such as the Pigale/Follies etc... our ankles cannot do that naturally.

It took me less than 5 minutes to go from flat shoes to a 4 inch heel. I did it while lecturing. But I had just done years of ankle surgeries/reconstruction (due to wearing men's shoes) so my ankle were ready and flexible. I had continued to do my ankle exercises for years. I was able to walk for 10-15 minutes on my toes, so wearing heels was no big deal. All I needed to do was find my center of gravity - balance.

Well yesterday I was so tired after a week at work that we didn't go out but today we went into one of our local towns. I wore my black ankle boots with a cone heel, we were going to be doing too much walking for me to manage anything beyond that for the length of time we'd be out. We drove to an out of town retail park but when we arrived the shops would have been shut if we had joined the massive queue for the car park. Instead we opted to park a bit further away and walk to the shops. In the end this was the best option as people were still driving around looking for parking spaces plus it gave me more chance walking in the heels

We decided to have a coffee and a toasted sandwich before starting to look in the shops so went into the coffee shop, pretty busy but we enjoyed our drinks and food before going into TK Maxx to browse around including the shoe section. We looked in the 8 and 81/2 section but didn't see anything we liked, so no purchases of new boots unfortunately. I had to smile to myself as many of the women in the shop were shuffling around in Ugg boots whilst I was enjoying my heels. I personally thought my heel click sounded much better than the shuffling of an oversized pair of Uggs draging about.

We spent a bit of time in store generally looking around before  quickly stopping in the other shops before walking back to the car and heading home, I think this was the only time anyone took any notice of my boots because as we walked back a young woman who was just about to pass us looked down and took a good look at what I was wearing on my feet but didn't seem too fussed and carried on her way,  quite clearly more interested in grabbing a bargain than wasting valuable shopping time checking my ankle boots. Although I have to say they would have had to have been noticed as we sat at the table in the cafe or by people behind us on the escalotors or stairs. When we got home my Wife showed me some ankle boots she'd seen on the web as we are still looking for ankle boots to add to my collection. Although I do have a pair already on the way.

All in all I've had a good afternoon "owning the click"

• Like 4

Addicted to the click

Sounds like a great outing and when people are busy its very unusual for people to take that much notice and if they do its unlikely to get a comment now days.

Does feel good when all around you are in boring flats, keep enjoying those heels and keep adding to your collection :)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tarapt1060 said:

Sounds like a great outing and when people are busy its very unusual for people to take that much notice and if they do its unlikely to get a comment now days.

Does feel good when all around you are in boring flats, keep enjoying those heels and keep adding to your collection :)

Yes it did, thanks.  I'm not a fan of Uggs, they may be alright for keeping your feet warm but they lack style in my opinion and no one every seems to look good in them. It was just good to get some time in heels and with my Wife. 

• Like 2

Addicted to the click

Just now, HeeledSteve said:

Yes it did, thanks.  I'm not a fan of Uggs, they may be alright for keeping your feet warm but they lack style in my opinion and no one every seems to look good in them. It was just good to get some time in heels and with my Wife. 

Yes Uggs just dont tick my boxes either it just has to be heels and the fact that your sharing time with your wife while wearing is even better.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cali said:

Uggs are great when you get out of the surf or take off your ski boots.

They were originally designed as post-surf wear and used to be quite cheap and casual, popular with Australian uni students (me included) It seems so weird to me to see them given fashion status - and fashion prices!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cali said:

Uggs are great when you get out of the surf or take off your ski boots.

Agree they do have a place for somethings, Personally though I don’t like how they look when worn everyday but each to his/her own.

Im sure they are very warm especially after surfing but I’d rather see someone in a nice pair of heels than a pair of Uggs or similar.

Addicted to the click

Funnily enough - and this goes back into the 1980s - wearing Uggs around town used to be the equivalent of wearing track suit bottoms etc. Not terribly classy. There was a  suburb in Melbourne called Heidelberg which was, at that time, not seen as terribly classy and so Uggs had the local nickname of "Heidelberg Stilettos".  

• Like 1

Well, I got home too late to have any type of outing today. I was looking forward to going for a coffee after work but they had shut by the time I finished work . Unless I get off on time and everything goes without delay then I don't get time. 

I think I might be getting '"addicted to the click"  and it's a good feeling.

• Like 1

Addicted to the click

Starbucks In Stilettos

I managed to make it to one of our local Starbucks on my drive home. Walked in accompanied by the click of the 3 1/2" stiletto heels, and ordered an espresso as I couldn't spend too long before I needed to get home. There were a few customers sitting around but mot overly busy so  after confidently walking past the other customers accompanied by the heel noise on the tiled floor I settled down into a nice comfortable chair.

I relaxed back to savour my espresso and probably spent ten to fifteen minutes before leaving and walking across the car park with plenty of people walking past. So for today at least I've had my daily  click fix

1241809848_Starbucks1.thumb.JPG.6aa75313d54e4ebbefff0468ac76ef49.JPG

• Like 3

Addicted to the click

5 minutes ago, HeeledSteve said:

Starbucks In Stilettos

I managed to make it to one of our local Starbucks on my drive home. Walked in accompanied by the click of the 3 1/2" stiletto heels, and ordered an espresso as I couldn't spend too long before I needed to get home. There were a few customers sitting around but mot overly busy so  after confidently walking past the other customers accompanied by the heel noise on the tiled floor I settled down into a nice comfortable chair.

I relaxed back to savour my espresso and probably spent ten to fifteen minutes before leaving and walking across the car park with plenty of people walking past. So for today at least I've had my daily  click fix

Nice to hear you had your daily fix and a great pic, keep on clicking :)

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, tarapt1060 said:

Nice to hear you had your daily fix and a great pic, keep on clicking :)

I will do my best, my Wife has just told me she has ordered two pairs of boots for me. I will have to see how they fit and look but they are a lace up style with a side zip and a lower height stiletto heel in a faux black suede. We will have a look and see what we both think  once I've got them. 

• Like 1

Addicted to the click

6 minutes ago, HeeledSteve said:

I will do my best, my Wife has just told me she has ordered two pairs of boots for me. I will have to see how they fit and look but they are a lace up style with a side zip and a lower height stiletto heel in a faux black suede. We will have a look and see what we both think  once I've got them. 

Sound like interesting boots we will look forward to the possibility of seeing them in action :)

1 hour ago, tarapt1060 said:

Sound like interesting boots we will look forward to the possibility of seeing them in action :)

Lets see what they actually look like once I get them, you never know if you haven't seen them what the look and quality is like. 

• Like 1

Addicted to the click

9 hours ago, HeeledSteve said:

Starbucks In Stilettos

Great trip again mate, you’ve really got this Costa/ Starbucks trend now