Excursions Of HeeledSteve

HeeledSteve

Quickly did some shopping in Iceland tonight managed to make it with a few minutes before they shut. Store was quiet only a few customers and staff stocking the shelves. Grabbed a few things, no one seemed to notice the heels or the noise .  Walked along the High St to get some cash from the cashpoint before driving home. Nothing too exciting but still a chance to become more accustomed to the heels.

Addicted to the click

Usually before closing only the employees check my outfit also the door security guard often gives off a smiling smirk reaction some say hello..  Seeing very few customers  or sparse crowd often helps because there in hurry or been long day to care what i wear as well.  If your outfitted well then no matter the time of day people will look and usually leave you alone if they like it or make a compliment. Last thing you want is spend cash on great outfit that nobody sees. It's as though your wearing it only at home, what's the point when none sees you in it unless you post pictures online on the forum as some do...

Just last night i lost my gym lock and had walk around with my street clothes in duffle bag. Was afraid to leave my clothes in the open locker because of all the breakins.  Gotten a lot of looks from envious young sexy ladies around the gym because of a fresh new gym outfit.  Later i decided to sport my matching hoodie with camo leggings upon finishing my workout preparing to leave the gym.  Wasn't sure to wear only my leggings pink highlighted sneakers and camo hoodie to do late night errand before the store closed.

Felt very naked just wearing these leggings on the street don't know how woman do it or why i don't care in the gym wearing them... Think woman it's ego thing to receive attention of there proud physique or bottoms to be showing off in public any excuse they can.

While had few woman give me a show in passing at the water fountain showing off their great tight plump backsides in legging in the gym making sure i had to notice, that's entire different story. So i decided to go to the locker room and shower instead of going onto the street and store dressed in my feminine yoga leggings, hoodie. Before i made my way down entering the change room all dolled up in my outfit unsure to use the locker room or leave. Female earlier working out in the gym eyeballing me came out of women's change room, dressed up similar  type of outfit as me, but much cheaper looking a white hoodie dark black leggings white sneakers. She began to walk down a hall straight ahead noticed me and her eyeballs bulged out of cute head as looking upon my matching new outfit,  the hoodie she didn't see when i was working out on the gym floor. Surmised from her later reaction she was very envious of my outfit even the receptionist stared upon without a snickering smirk just a gaze. guess she approved  also or very least liked the dark outfit. 

After my shower i got dressed in skin tight AG distressed jeans and said hoodie and leather black sneakers. Was afraid or uncomfortable walking outside in my camo leggings as i went to the store. Although the store wasn't completely empty not many people noticed my tight jeans only the stock boy who was in aisle seen me with others not caring what i was wearing. Again i could of worn my leggings to the store without much of a incident because it is late before closing mid week not busy at all. Did i regret the choice i made? A little only  because to see for myself what reactions would be received regardless if i felt comfortable in wearing my leggings outfitted like so many women do  on the street. 

align icmi_blk.jpg

LW4AWPS_034135_1.jpeg

Told myself if it wasn't for the matching pink multi coloured trainer shoes with pink tight top i was wearing in the gym i may have convinced myself to wear said new leggings out in the the street and store. Sometimes wearing boring denim tight as i they were and new changing your style at times can make your heart beat little faster and feel different about yourself by doing what comes to mind. Some doubt did enter my mind in my gym routine thinking to wear leggings outdoors as time went on. Looking at one blonde female backside at the water fountain who many people compare us looking similar to her chagrin. She has developed muscles on her backside looking better i could of recognized made me doubt myself and become self conscious about my physique, now i know how some woman feel comparing themselves to fit more attractive people. 

Edited by MackyHeels

What does your wife say about having the confidence to wear stilettos? She seems quite supportive.

I.m going to answer in the thread Excursions Of Heeled Steve, as I;m aware this might be getting off the topic of simply what new boots have been bought.

She's supportive about it & certainly wouldn't bat an eyelid if I wanted to wear stilettos. I would say though that she would want me to be able to walk ok in them. She bought me the most recent stiletto ankle boots and so was encouraging me to wear them rather than discourage me. To be honest I think she's more likely to say why have you got them if you're not going to wear them.

I must admit that my confidence is always bolstered when I go out in heels with her. She herself doesn't have many heels and tends not to wear them regularly. I'm still more confident with a lower cone heel but am making the effort to wear the stilettos. Tonight on the way home I called in and did some shopping in a convenience store wearing my clarks chelsea boots with an almond toe and a 3.5" stiletto heel. I walked from the carpark down the High Street, did some shopping and then walked back to the car. My legs did feel it though even though I'd only walked in them for 20mins . It made me realise that I need more practice in them. Still just got to keep at it a bit at a timeIMG_1013.thumb.JPG.fc9ae049ef148c18b056658f7cd57834.JPG

Here is a picture of the boots worn for tonights brief trip.

My Wife has just seen me browsing the boots on the TK Maxx website. Apparently she has already had a  look and tells me there is nothing new in today. I think this probably means that she isn't averse to my heel wearing!

• Like 5

Addicted to the click

Sounds very sensible. That is the catch with wearing heels, especially stilettos. You need to be able to wear them well to feel comfortable going out in them, but that takes practice. And you can’t get real world practice unless you go out and learn.

Age is also an issue, aside from gender. Most women learn to wear heels as teenagers. A certain artless is expected at that age, but much less so in one’s thirties, forties, fifties...Let alone being male to boot.

It is wonderful thatyour wife is so supporting and accepting.

Edited by Shyheels

Practice mixed with continued confidence will usually result in success so keep it up. It is precisely this confidence which gets people to notice. The more you do something the more natural you'll appear to anyone you meet. When you get to the point you forget you have heels on then you have mastered the art of wearing them indeed. 8) HappyinHeels

• Like 1

Absolutely agree with both the previous posts. My outside stiletto time is limited and I really noticed the difference walking on the pavement and different surfaces. I had to make a conscious effort to take shorter steps and keep an eye on what I was stepping on. I normally walk quickly so I really had to force myself to slow down. I agree with you both, you need to wear them outside to become aware and able to wear them outside and walk with confidence in them. I was also watching out not to scuff the heels as the pavement was anything but well maintained.

I guess it’s the old adage that “practice makes perfect “ that definitely applies here.

Addicted to the click

3 hours ago, Shyheels said:

If it was easy anyone could do it! :-)

Yes I’m coming to realise “stiletto style” takes practice but it’s my aim that one day soon I will be “clicking in confidence”

Addicted to the click

17 hours ago, HeeledSteve said:

What does your wife say about having the confidence to wear stilettos? She seems quite supportive.

I.m going to answer in the thread Excursions Of Heeled Steve, as I;m aware this might be getting off the topic of simply what new boots have been bought.

She's supportive about it & certainly wouldn't bat an eyelid if I wanted to wear stilettos. I would say though that she would want me to be able to walk ok in them. She bought me the most recent stiletto ankle boots and so was encouraging me to wear them rather than discourage me. To be honest I think she's more likely to say why have you got them if you're not going to wear them.

I must admit that my confidence is always bolstered when I go out in heels with her. She herself doesn't have many heels and tends not to wear them regularly. I'm still more confident with a lower cone heel but am making the effort to wear the stilettos. Tonight on the way home I called in and did some shopping in a convenience store wearing my clarks chelsea boots with an almond toe and a 3.5" stiletto heel. I walked from the carpark down the High Street, did some shopping and then walked back to the car. My legs did feel it though even though I'd only walked in them for 20mins . It made me realise that I need more practice in them. Still just got to keep at it a bit at a timeIMG_1013.thumb.JPG.fc9ae049ef148c18b056658f7cd57834.JPG

Here is a picture of the boots worn for tonights brief trip.

My Wife has just seen me browsing the boots on the TK Maxx website. Apparently she has already had a  look and tells me there is nothing new in today. I think this probably means that she isn't averse to my heel wearing!

I do like those clarks boots, tried them on myself not so long ago, found them quite difficult to get on but with my high arches i do struggle with boots without zips, even though I’ve recently brought my snake skin ankle boots i normally prefer longer boots which can be worn both under and over jeans or trousers and there is just something about the feel of long boots and of course the look 

• Like 1

These are an ankle Chelsea boot the Ecco one I’ve recently bought feel snugger and like they would be easier to walk in even though they are a bit higher.

I might revise my opinion though after I’ve tried them outside. I must admit even a twenty minute short walk and shopping trip was noticeable. 

Practice, practice, practice

• Like 1

Addicted to the click

On 11/12/2018 at 9:30 PM, Shyheels said:

Sounds very sensible. That is the catch with wearing heels, especially stilettos. You need to be able to wear them well to feel comfortable going out in them, but that takes practice. And you can’t get real world practice unless you go out and learn.

Age is also an issue, aside from gender. Most women learn to wear heels as teenagers. A certain artless is expected at that age, but much less so in one’s thirties, forties, fifties...Let alone being male to boot.

It is wonderful thatyour wife is so supporting and accepting.

"...to boot." - Great pun! Made me smile. Unintended?

Steve

• Like 1

A Stiletto Trip To Starbucks

Decided I should go for coffee in heels today. I was going to go to my local Costa but by the time I got out of work and drove into town from where I'd parked they had closed. All was not lost however as Starbucks was still open for another fifteen minutes. I parked the car and walked the short distance to the Starbucks. I was wearing my 3 1/2" stiletto chelsea ankle boots and had to make a conscious effort to walk slower than normal as I made my way to the coffee shop. 

On going into the shop I suddenly realised that because of the closeness to closing time the staff were moping the tile floor but was able to avoid the mopped section after getting my coffee. I couldn't stay long as by that time the store was about to close but by the time I left the staff member had managed to mop a section of the floor that I would have to cross to leave. Luckily I negotiated this with no problem.  Walking back to the car I was sure from the way I was walking that everyone  could see or hear I was wearing heels but I passed a few people who didn't seem to notice anything.

Driving home I needed to pick up a couple of things from the local convenience shop, so parked and walked down the High St to the shop. The heel noise was quite noticeable especially as the shop was in a fairly quiet village, I passed the local pub with a few people standing outside and across the road as I walked past, again no noticeable reaction from anyone they just carried on chatting to each other, glancing in my direction but taking no interest. I did my shopping and walked back, taking care on the uneven pavement. IMG_1030.thumb.JPG.499a2b867ba68dd12f6b86f623ac71fe.JPG

• Like 3

Addicted to the click

This helps confirm what everyone always says....Most folks are too busy, or involved with whatever they are thinking about, to notice our heels or the sounds they may or may not make....We assume that others are just as conscious about foot wear as we are, and this is just not the case.  In any event, you look great in those levis and boots, I sure would have noticed.  I was down helping/visiting my mother, she had many chores for me to do.  I kept my 3.5" stiletto boots in the car and changed into them at the start of every road/shopping chore.  I wore my boots to Lowes, Staples, all sorts of stores, no one seemed to notice.  Sure, they may have noticed, but I didn't see any head twisting or hear any comments.   It felt so good to wear these boots, and I almost forgot I was wearing them a few times, slow but steady progress....

6 hours ago, Cali said:

Great you had another heeling adventure and the world did not stop to take notice.

And you learned another lesson on stilettos and wet floors.

Yes the freshly mopped floor presented a certain challenge. Good job Costa was closed because their entrance is sloped if they mopped that I may have found it more tricky.

49 minutes ago, HappyinHeels said:

HeeledSteve, Sounds to me like you are mastering the art. You can be as high as you wish when confidence flows within. HinH

I’m not sure I’ve mastered the art but I’ve worn the stilettos somewhere more public than I have before.

The higher narrower heel felt more of a challenge than the lower cone heel, quite a bit so. The good thing is I’ve got to a point we’re I feel able to walk confidently enough to continue to develop the art so hope to build from here.

• Like 1

Addicted to the click

28 minutes ago, HeeledSteve said:

Yes the freshly mopped floor presented a certain challenge. Good job Costa was closed because their entrance is sloped if they mopped that I may have found it more tricky.

I’m not sure I’ve mastered the art but I’ve worn the stilettos somewhere more public than I have before.

The higher narrower heel felt more of a challenge than the lower cone heel, quite a bit so. The good thing is I’ve got to a point we’re I feel able to walk confidently enough to continue to develop the art so hope to build from here.

Well done mate, proud of you 

• Like 1

Still need a lot more practice, I noticed I had to really think about where I was going to 

1 hour ago, maninboots said:

Well done mate, proud of you 

Well, I wanted to give these boots a go, didn’t want to make excuses to myself. So I figured that although I’m not fully practiced in this heel I would need to get out in them if I want to achieve that. I also knew that if anyone did see the heel it’s obviously a stiletto and it’s this that’s was also important to me as I want to do what I want and am comfortable doing not feeling that I’m being constrained by the options of others. Or being limited in my fashion choices by others rather than myself

Must admit though I felt they were pretty obvious to anyone around ,if they were no one seemed to bother or care. Other people’s opinions whilst they are quite welcome and have a right to them don’t really matter to me. I want to be free to do what me and my Wife are comfortable with not be forced by my fears or concerns to do what someone else would do.

• Like 2

Addicted to the click

8 hours ago, HeeledSteve said:

I noticed I had to really think about where I was going to

Steve - This is Stiletto Lesson Two: You need to watch where you step. Having that heel come down on an uneven surface can be disastrous. They are especially hard on natural stone.

But then there are people like NZ that live in them and wonder why wear any other type of heel.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HeeledSteve said:

Still need a lot more practice, I noticed I had to really think about where I was going to 

Well, I wanted to give these boots a go, didn’t want to make excuses to myself. So I figured that although I’m not fully practiced in this heel I would need to get out in them if I want to achieve that. I also knew that if anyone did see the heel it’s obviously a stiletto and it’s this that’s was also important to me as I want to do what I want and am comfortable doing not feeling that I’m being constrained by the options of others. Or being limited in my fashion choices by others rather than myself

Must admit though I felt they were pretty obvious to anyone around ,if they were no one seemed to bother or care. Other people’s opinions whilst they are quite welcome and have a right to them don’t really matter to me. I want to be free to do what me and my Wife are comfortable with not be forced by my fears or concerns to do what someone else would do.

It’s a bit of a catch 22 situation, you want to practice and be comfortable in them before going out in them but you can only really get that practice by going in them, but you are realising that you can walk around quite naturally without people really taking any notice, I’ve been out and about in the bullring in Birmingham today, went into loads of shoe shops to try on all sorts of boots, was able to engage in conversation with some shop assistants and again nobody batted an eyelid, keep doing what you’re doing mate and before long wearing heels will become the norm for you 

• Like 1

My knee boots do not have heels, but as far as wearing them goes - and I wear mine over skinny jeans - nobody seems to notice at all, not one tiny bit. They are a rather masculine vintage style, dark brown, and with jeans and jumper are quite presentable and unremarkable. I really think most people are far to much into their own bubble to notice or care much about anyone around them.

I expect HeeledSteve finds much the same with his stilettos and this woukd be doubly so if he was out and about with his wife.

Edited by Shyheels
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, maninboots said:

It’s a bit of a catch 22 situation, you want to practice and be comfortable in them before going out in them but you can only really get that practice by going in them, but you are realising that you can walk around quite naturally without people really taking any notice, I’ve been out and about in the bullring in Birmingham today, went into loads of shoe shops to try on all sorts of boots, was able to engage in conversation with some shop assistants and again nobody batted an eyelid, keep doing what you’re doing mate and before long wearing heels will become the norm for you 

Yes I know what you mean so long as I'm not walking about like a robot then I can get out and get more practice. My Wife is very good in giving me constructive feedback on how I'm walking in my heels. I've found that I really do have to walk in a way that's nothing like I've ever  done before. I'm noticing that I need to keep my step short and keep my feet closer to the centreline of my body and stand upright and keep my hips relaxed. 

The more naturally I can walk in them then the more confident and relaxed I will be wearing heels out and about and so this will open up more opportunities for wearing them.

• Like 2

Addicted to the click

Your very lucky not only to have such a supportive wife, but one who is happy to give you constructive feedback on how you are walking in them. That is very valuable - crucial, really, if one is to master the art. You are very lucky.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Cali said:

But then there are people like NZ that live in them and wonder why wear any other type of heel.

Ha ha - and true - thanks Cali.

For my 2 cents worth.

you'll never get used to heels to the point that you don't know you are wearing them. You'll always know because if you're like me you'll fall in love with the sound you make and your walk - and I need the elevation and a lightweight high heel, no platform to achieve this, can't be done without those ingredients - so for me it is a stiletto heel is the only heel to wear !

Wet floors are a challenge, even wet soles on dry marble/tiles etc is treacherous, but you'll learn.

The hardest thing is truely getting used to the heel height in all situations. No kidding it took me over a year of wearing heels to become 'capable' - It took me many years more to master 5 inches for 8+ hours. It cannot be achieved quickly, the best thing is flexibility in the ankles - that is the biggest hurdle - and men have less flexibility than women, its genetic, so it is harder for us to wear the 'big guns' without platforms - such as the Pigale/Follies etc... our ankles cannot do that naturally.

I consider myself a master in stiletto heels, I can run in them sideways/backwards, spin in circles any surface - I can get absolutely drunk in them and don't fall over - I do stumble but never go down nowadays. To get to where I am has taken me full time wearing for over a decade. I did stuff my fatia too - which put me in flats for 6 months, and I lost a years worth of high heel conditioning. t took me an extra year to be able to stand and walk around all day in my higher heels once I could wear them again after that hiatus.

I ramble - but all I want to say is if you desire it persevere - its worth it and you will learn to love wearing your shoes openly.

• Like 1

On 11/15/2018 at 3:23 AM, HeeledSteve said:

Practice is indeed important. The more you wear heels, regardless of height, the easier it becomes to wear them. Good luck!

• Like 2

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!