Back zips or side zips

maninboots

Has anyone on here got any long boots with back zips, i have 3 pair, 2 heeled and 1 flat, i find it feels unnatural to zip up the back, sometimes depending on the length of the boots the zip digs into the back of my knee when i bend my legs, not comfortable, interested to people's opinions and preferences between back and side zips 

• Like 1

I have a couple of ankle boots with zippers in the back that I actually really like for convenience, getting in and out of them is really a breeze.  However, for boots that are much longer, and it sounds like you are talking about thigh high boots, I can see how a rear zipper might not work as well.  I probably would not get rear zip boots for anything above the knee.

Edited by hhboots
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, maninboots said:

No hhboots the 3 pairs i have are all knee high, as much as i do really like the boots and i do wear them regularly it just feels strange zipping up the back rather than the side of my leg 

Oh i see,  we'll that makes me think that I should stay away from rear zip knee highs as well. :)  lol

• Like 1

Of all my boots I only have one featuring a rear zipper. I went jeans shopping earlier today and wore kneehigh boots with a 5.5" stiletto heel and a side zipper. Didn't find any jeans but one sales associate at Target loved my boots :) Never saw anyone happy in a  "no sale" situation.  HappyinHeels

I only remember having one pair of rear zip boots (long gone).  They were only knee high so I didn't have any comfort issues with the boots.  All my other boots are either stretch material without a zip, or ankle or full length zip.

I'm wondering if anyone has a preference of ankle zip over full length zip on tall boots (knee high and higher)?

:wavey:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I have 3 pairs of knee high boots with rear zips plus 2 pair of ankle boots

i love them all and have no issues comfort wise, however i do find (generally) that for boots a little tight a side zip is easier than a rear one

Regards

James

18 hours ago, maninboots said:

I prefer a full length zip, much easier if you want to wear trousers inside the boots, with a short zip they tend to ride up when pulling the boots on 

I posted a solution for non zip boots this back in 2004 :penitent:  Solution

@Dr. Shoe also posted a solution.  Dr.Shoe's Solution

Wearing thigh boots over jeans with an ankle zip is a bit more complex.  Once I have the boots on I leave the zip open then pull the pant leg down (and the boot with it) to its correct position. Once in position I reach in with the heel of the other boot and hold the pant leg down while I pull the boot back up.  I repeat this for the other boot.   After I stand up, there is usually enough slack in the top of the pant leg that I have to repeat this process one more time.  After that the boots tend to stay in place.  It's a bit of work, but worth the effort.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

1 hour ago, Thighbootguy said:

I posted a solution for non zip boots this back in 2004 :penitent:  Solution

@Dr. Shoe also posted a solution.  Dr.Shoe's Solution

Wearing thigh boots over jeans with an ankle zip is a bit more complex.  Once I have the boots on I leave the zip open then pull the pant leg down (and the boot with it) to its correct position. Once in position I reach in with the heel of the other boot and hold the pant leg down while I pull the boot back up.  I repeat this for the other boot.   After I stand up, there is usually enough slack in the top of the pant leg that I have to repeat this process one more time.  After that the boots tend to stay in place.  It's a bit of work, but worth the effort.

I usually tuck my jeans into my socks before pulling on long boots with an ankle zip, that normally holds everything in place, much better as well if the jeans are quite tight fitted (women's are usually better) that way then the jeans and socks combination still fit inside the boots