What was the first pair of shoes you bought

DarkestHeels

I think my very first pair that I bought was from a Payless store long ago back when I was about 16 or 17, and buying online was not really very common yet, and even ordering from a catalog was sort of a challenge.

Anyway, it took me a long time to finally build up the courage to walk into the store and buy them.  They were a pair of 3.75" black suede ankle boots that I of course don't have any more  

I did possess a couple of pairs of heels before these boots, but they weren't bought... lets just say I took them over from their previous owner :) hey, it was in my early teenage years, back then I had limited options  LOL

Edited by hhboots

Before I discovered my passion for high heels I have been a big fan of wooden exercise sandals. The first pairs I had until then were only flat models, During my first years on the Internet I found several pictures of wooden slides with heels which made me curious. Finally I could not resist anymore and bought my first pair which you can see on the picture: Berkemann Peggy slides with white straps and about 6 cm heels (in between 2 and 2.5"). Not that high, but they were great to start with for outdoor heeling. I think it was 1996 or 1997. I still have them and love to wear them on nice summer days. It was the start of a great journey into high heels. In the later years I also got into knee highs, ankle boots and pumps. 

00200-173_Peggy.jpg

Edited by HeeledSlides
Spelling correction
  • Like 1

Question....  I have always liked the look of the Berkemann Peggy sandals....  Does anyone know of a source for them in the United States??  Or do I have to go to Deutschland for a pair???   sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Ok let's try again these are my second pair the first where similar to these  in  black with a 2 1/2 in heel  now long since worn out and gone from  1986 87 .At the time I thought these where really high and had a hard time walking in them but now they feel so low Funny how you get use to different heights 

IMG_3656.PNG

I bought my first pair in 1995, aged 19, from Transformation in London, which was (and possibly still is) a store for transvestites in London. Black 'leather' courts with a 3  1/2 inch heel. I was so scared of going in and trying them on I nearly cried. Took them home, hid them mostly, but wore them when I could. Lost them (along with many others) in a lifestyle cleansing exercise in about 2000, bought on by a doomed relationship with what turned out to be a fairly toxic little blonde. 

Miss them to this day, although they were cheaply made and vastly overpriced for what they were. But you never forget your first time ;) 

• Like 1

my first pair of heels:  6 inch stilettos with a 2 inch platform, from Frederick's of Hollywood, purchased in 1996 via their mail order catalogue.  they arrived on my birthday!  what a beautiful day it was and i remember it well.  i wore them that night with a pair of jeans trimmed off just above the knee, black nylons and a black suede high cut jacket.  what an awesome look!  as you can see, these shoes were well worn!

large.8594972265_cf3aae0df0_o.jpg.0cc15af2b59473455b18344b78ec6429.jpg

Edited by w6ish

16 hours ago, SF said:

Question....  I have always liked the look of the Berkemann Peggy sandals....  Does anyone know of a source for them in the United States??  Or do I have to go to Deutschland for a pair???   sf

Hi SF

Nice to hear you like them too!  But I already noticed we share an interest for slides. Unfortunately, Berkemann does not have the Peggies in their regular assortment anymore. But don't get desperate, they may still be available as a special edition. Maybe I can help you finding a pair if you are interested. 

Those was my first pair and even my second pair. Yeah you heard right. I bought my first pair for more kinky purposes. But that did not went well so they did go into the thrash bin a year and a half later. I bought them in 2010 I think. Not sure. 

Missed them a month later so I bought a second pair. But by that time the quality had decreased so the second pair is barely used due to problems with zippers and jiggly heels (needs to be reglued)

The brand is Giaro, thigh high and lacing in front, double sided zippers, heel 18 cm and pf 6 cm, really nice to walk in :). It was by the time when they had just started to make business at ebay.

20170205_131128.jpg

Edited by swedeheeler
  • Like 2

Back when I had just moved out to go to university, one of the first purchases I made was a pair of Pleaser Electra 5" (with 2" platform) stretch boots in white. They were quite comfortable as I recall, and this was about 10 years ago. I happened to have no classes the day they arrived - I was so nervous but so excited at the same time; it was a very pleasant day!

electra-2000z-wpu.jpg

• Like 1

HeeledSlides.....  Thank you for the information about the Berkemann Peggy sandals.  A shame they don't make then any more.    I will keep looking, and if I have to go to Europe to find a pair I may do exactly that !!  Would make for some expensive sandals !!!!

We may be traveling to Europe this fall (Germany), while there I will do some shoe shopping and looking...   Thank you very much for your advice and help....   sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

On 2/5/2017 at 7:40 AM, las said:

Back when I had just moved out to go to university, one of the first purchases I made was a pair of Pleaser Electra 5" (with 2" platform) stretch boots in white. They were quite comfortable as I recall, and this was about 10 years ago. I happened to have no classes the day they arrived - I was so nervous but so excited at the same time; it was a very pleasant day!

electra-2000z-wpu.jpg

Would you care to expand on your definition of a "very pleasant day"? ("No" is a perfectly good answer, but I really am curious.)

:wavey:

• Like 1

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

On ‎2017‎-‎02‎-‎01 at 2:28 PM, aristoc said:

While perhaps not my absolute first pair of heels, but very close,  and still wearing these bad boys today. With a full 6" heel and special arch shank still make these one of my favourite pairs.

Purchased mail order in 1980 no less, these are a bit of a 'Triggers broom' (for the Brits') with numerous heel tips and outer soles  over the years, still going strong but now treated with due care in respect of their (and my) advanced years.

IMG_0188.thumb.JPG.fce940a883a7941fe1eb71004c5f3f83.JPGIMG_0189.thumb.JPG.52aa698528153180906faf738e917af9.JPG

Smokin HOT I must say!!! I have 2 pairs very similar to those with the special arch and 6.5 inch heels, one all black and the second pair are black with a red heel!!!

heels 007 (640x480).jpg

P16SA with Red Heels 18 (482x640).jpg

• Like 5

Yes, I can walk in 6.5 inch heels!!!

The first I bought were a pair of black pumps with a 5.75 inch heel. I still have them and do wear them from time to time :fine: I will say, I have put many kilometers on them and loved every step :happy:

heels 009 (587x640).jpg

heels 010 (480x640).jpg

• Like 5

On 06/02/2017 at 4:46 PM, Thighbootguy said:

Would you care to expand on your definition of a "very pleasant day"? ("No" is a perfectly good answer, but I really am curious.)

:wavey:

Hey, sure thing!

Well, they arrived quite early in the morning, maybe around 11am. (that's early for a uni student!) I locked myself into my room and my heart was racing. They were retail boxed so came with tons of packaging and paper. I think the first thing that hit me was the smell of the PVC - fortunately this wore off after a week. I remember sitting on my bed, unfolding the boots and placing them on the floor, then placing them on... then it hit me - OUCH! They were tight - or as it was my first pair - wow, is this what it feels like? It was a weird combination of pain and pleasure. I stumbled around so hard; it was weird being another 5" tall on my current height. (6'2")

I quickly broke them in during the next few days as I had few lectures on, and mainly spent time pacing the room (it was a tiny single room, no ensuite or anything) and sitting around. I definitely slept in them too, more than once! When the year was up, I had to move to new accommodation and I don't think they survived the move. I bought a couple more pairs of different style shoes (I moved to platform stilettos - it was all I could find on eBay back then) and nearly broke an ankle. I soon realised that boots were more for me and went about acquiring more.

To this day I've had 2 purges, (stories for another time!) and since approx 18 months ago have started "collecting" Jeffrey Campbell platform ankle boots. They're far from cheap but I tend to buy when there's an offer on and voucher or cashback deal I can benefit from, hehe.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, XtremeHeels said:

The first I bought were a pair of black pumps with a 5.75 inch heel. I still have them and do wear them from time to time :fine: I will say, I have put many kilometers on them and loved every step :happy:

Pretty cool first pair there Xtremeheels, can't beat a pair of classic black pumps. Also love the P16SA's with the red heel, very hot!

Seems more than a few of us went straight in at the deep end and started our heeling adventures with 5" plus heels. Non of this slowly working up heel height malarkey! :cheeky:

2 hours ago, XtremeHeels said:

heels 009 (587x640).jpg

heels 010 (480x640).jpg

Man those look comfortable. I have to admit I prefer my heels well broken in and I'm sure you have no issues with pinched toes in these anymore. Are the heels still sturdy?

21 hours ago, aristoc said:

Pretty cool first pair there Xtremeheels, can't beat a pair of classic black pumps. Also love the P16SA's with the red heel, very hot!

Seems more than a few of us went straight in at the deep end and started our heeling adventures with 5" plus heels. Non of this slowly working up heel height malarkey! :cheeky:

Thank you very much!!! I couldn't resist buying them even with such a high heel, they looked so good in the store. I figured if I was going to learn how to walk in heels why not start with a pair that would be a challenge and force me to wear them and master walking in them. I am so glad I did :happy:!!!!!!!!!!!

20 hours ago, Jkrenzer said:

Man those look comfortable. I have to admit I prefer my heels well broken in and I'm sure you have no issues with pinched toes in these anymore. Are the heels still sturdy?

Very comfortable I must say!!! I never really had an issue with my toes being pinched in them and yes, the heels are still sturdy :fine:

On 2/2/2017 at 10:40 PM, SF said:

RonC.....   We must be of similar vintage.  I also have fond memories of shopping at Thom McAnn.  Remember CH Baker, their brand was Quali Craft I believe?  My memories are from the late 60' and early 70's.  I still have a pair of CH Baker flat sandals, and wear them occasionally.  Ahhh, the good 'ol days....   sf

Yes - late sixties/early seventies was my first real foray into heels.  I would try to wear my mom's, but she had very small feet and I was out of those early on.  Waited until I was able to drive - turned 16 in 1967 - so I could get to the stores.  We had Baker's, and in the midwest, Malings was quite popular.  Kinney's was also big here.  And I think a more local store called O'Conner & Goldberg.  I came to find out that they actually carried heels in size 11.  Unfortunately, about the time I found that out, they went out of business!

• Like 1

My first pair was ordered from a Montgomery Wards fall sale catalog.  I had really liked the look of the multi-strap Mary Janes so many of the girls in my senior class wore.  I had no idea of my size and ordered size 10 black shiny Trio -Of-Tiny-Straps for $3.99 plus shipping in the fall of 1970.  They were going to be delivered to my dorm mail-box.  They had only a 1 1/8" shaped heel.  I was hooked. shortly thereafter, I ordered a pair of Classic Pumps in Waymofam white material from Aldens catalog.  There was a choice of the 2 1/4 mid heel but I chose to go for broke with the 2 7/8" heels.  The size 10s were tight and they were available in an 11B. They were stilettos just as they were about non-existent.  

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.