What was the first pair of shoes you bought

DarkestHeels

These ironically enough were the first shoes i bought.

One night when i was just 15 my brain told me to buy these killer stilettos and while they were cheap I loved them and never looked back.

What's the story behind your first pair 20170131_173423.thumb.jpg.561ef0a19b82f7580aefb4b25a33542c.jpg20170131_173412.thumb.jpg.290f37dde06e886e67cf1bdbeecdddc5.jpg Yes, my first pair were 6" stilettos .

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DarkestHeels said:

One night when i was just 15 my brain told me to buy these killer stilettos

From the looks of the shoes, you didn't buy them too long ago.  Are they really a 6M?  Although starting off with 6" stilettos (even with a hidden platform) is adventurous and not generally recommended, I'm wondering how did it go wearing them the first time?

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

10 hours ago, Thighbootguy said:

From the looks of the shoes, you didn't buy them too long ago.  Are they really a 6M?  Although starting off with 6" stilettos (even with a hidden platform) is adventurous and not generally recommended, I'm wondering how did it go wearing them the first time?

Well they look alright because I almost exclusively wore them inside when I was alone at first and im only just 22 now. And the first time wearing featured much stumbling around

17 hours ago, maninpumps said:

These are close to what I started with . Mine were my sisters hand-me-downs so to say . I must have put a hundred miles on them after she did . I would give about anything to get another pair of them . volatile-platform-wood-sandal-leather-camel-platforms-803778-0-0.jpg.17e0d4f6ce91fc622a556914fdd50c93.jpg

I'd kill for a pair of those in black maninpumps.  Nice!!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hh4evr1 said:

I bought a pair of 4" black stiletto court shoes/pumps, after finding this website and reading of all the people who also liked high heels and also the people who wore high heels in public.

Nice and good choice of colour aswell :cheeky:

To high heel lovers

I was in a barber shop in Oakland, California reading a magazine and saw an ad for custom made high heel shoes.

The ad was from Ableman Trading Co in Hong Kong. I ordered a pair of Black Patent leather pumps w/ 5" heels.

Cost was about $55.00 including shipping. This was spring of 1969. I still have those shoes. They still look near new.

spikesmike

While perhaps not my absolute first pair of heels, but very close,  and still wearing these bad boys today. With a full 6" heel and special arch shank still make these one of my favourite pairs.

Purchased mail order in 1980 no less, these are a bit of a 'Triggers broom' (for the Brits') with numerous heel tips and outer soles  over the years, still going strong but now treated with due care in respect of their (and my) advanced years.

IMG_0188.thumb.JPG.fce940a883a7941fe1eb71004c5f3f83.JPGIMG_0189.thumb.JPG.52aa698528153180906faf738e917af9.JPG

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, aristoc said:

While perhaps not my absolute first pair of heels, but very close,  and still wearing these bad boys today. With a full 6" heel and special arch shank still make these one of my favourite pairs.

Purchased mail order in 1980 no less, these are a bit of a 'Triggers broom' (for the Brits') with numerous heel tips and outer soles  over the years, still going strong but now treated with due care in respect of their (and my) advanced years.

IMG_0188.thumb.JPG.fce940a883a7941fe1eb71004c5f3f83.JPGIMG_0189.thumb.JPG.52aa698528153180906faf738e917af9.JPG

Those are hot!!!!  And so are the shoes!!!!!! LOL:giggle:

• Like 1

Around 1979 I bought first pair, slingbacks, 5 plus inch heel, somewhat thicker than stiletto, single sole. I still regret that I threw them away.

Greetings Hans.

• Like 1

I have written about this elsewhere, but it has been while.  I have worn gals shoes (flats) since I was a teen.  Wayyyy back in 1996, I was shoe shopping and saw a pair of slip on thong sandals with a kitten style heel.  The sandals were my size (11) so I tried them on out of curiosity, I liked what I saw, bought the shoes and was hooked!!  The wife was a bit curious about my selection but eventually came to accept the fact that her husband also wears high heels.  She is a great gal.  

I never intended to wear the sandals in private, but was concerned about going out in public.  Once I did get out, it really was no big deal....  Since that time long ago, I have gotten many more heeled sandals and wear them proudly, and sometimes I even wear flats.....    Below is a pic of my first pair, still have them.  Take care...  sf 

IMG_8136.jpg

• Like 1

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

1. First was a pair of Thom McAn two tone brown pumps with a roughly three inch heel.  We are talking mid-60's now, and real heels were getting hard to find, as fashion was into the Woodstock era - ladies dressshoes were mostly low block heels.  I went in to the store looking for a different pair - a peep toe, sling back pump with a pom pom like ornament - but they only came as large as a size 8.  Shoes stopping at size 8 (US) was not all that unusual at the time.  I asked for a size 10 - very embarassed and intimidated young teenager at the time.  He said they didn;t have what I wanted in a size 10, but he would look to see what they had.  Those fairly homely looking brown things were it.  I took them anyway - likely didn;t own them long as I had no where to keep anything.  Second pair was much more enjoyable - a pair of black t-straps from the Alden's catalog.  Wow - we're talking like 50 years ago now - I'm amazed how vivid those memories are!
Edited by RonC
additions
  • Like 2

RonC.....   We must be of similar vintage.  I also have fond memories of shopping at Thom McAnn.  Remember CH Baker, their brand was Quali Craft I believe?  My memories are from the late 60' and early 70's.  I still have a pair of CH Baker flat sandals, and wear them occasionally.  Ahhh, the good 'ol days....   sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

I'm not really sure how to answer this question, because there is quite a long interval between my first pair of high heels, and the first pair that I actually purposefully bought for myself. My very first pair of high heels I found when I was in high school (mid 1980s), and I do mean I actually found them while I was cleaning and organizing things. They were evidently left behind by a member of the previous year's show choir, and I found them during summer break while I was helping teach younger kids to play the violin. They were awful, cheap, peep-toe pumps that had been beat to sh*t, but they happened to be my size, so I grabbed them up and took them home. They had about a 2 inch kitten heel, and I always kind of hated them, wishing they had been at least an inch higher, but I kept them for a number of years anyway in secret. At some point in my life, I threw them out, but I vaguely remember still having them when I got married the first time, because my ex-wife was quite curious as to why I had them, and made it fairly obvious that she was not at all interested in seeing me wear them. I mean, quite apart from the fact that they were awful in the first place, and way out of style by that time. So, doing the math, I must have kept them around for about 10 years. I don't miss them, and I don't regret throwing them out.

Fast forward, uh, wow.  .  . 25 years (well 15 + 10), and by this time the world had changed, and I had changed, and I knew I was going to start wearing some kind of high heeled footwear. I had worn some high-ish heeled clogs off and on for several years to test the waters, and no one had really said anything, so after searching around for a while, I found a pair of clogs that looked almost exactly like what I had been wearing already, but these had a definite high heel on them that really could not be ignored or explained away. Pictured below is a stock photo of my first "real" purchased heels, Sofft model Aviano. I still have them, in black and in brown, and I still occasionally wear them, maybe if I'm feeling really tired or don't really feel like wearing heels for whatever reason. They are by far my lowest heels that I still possess today, and they might as well be flats as far as I'm concerned. They are the first shoes that I wore out in public in broad daylight, and I will keep them for nostalgic reasons, if nothing else. They still have a lot of life left in them.

Screen Shot 2017-02-03 at 11.48.23 AM.png

• Like 2