Having to take your boots off in public places

I once went to our local 10 pin bowling centre and without really thinking about it i wore 4" stilletto knee high boots, naturally i had to take them off to swap them for the shoes provided, this didn't really cause any concern until i went to return the shoes, the young girl assistant took the shoes from me and went to replace them where they belonged only to find a pair of stiletto boots, she turned to me and said "I'm really sorry but I think your shoes have been put in the wrong place, what am I looking for?", I replied "no problem, it is actually those boots you are looking at, she apologised again and looked at me in disbelief, i reassured her that they really were mine as she passed them to me, i wish I had a camera to have captured the look on her face as i sat down to put them back on, unfortunately those particular boots didn't have a zip and i was having quite a struggle to get them on which drew a fair bit of attention, some chap did ask if i needed any help and a woman offered the inevitable advice of if you have to remove them make sure you wear something easy to get back on again, i finally got there and we all had a good laugh about it, i really do enjoy the attention though.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar, would love to hear about it 

• Like 5

Just now, maninboots said:

Thanks pebbles, I don't really see wearing heels and knee high boots as any big deal, it's only a pair of shoes at the end of the day, got plenty more stories like this though I'll have to post some time 

Looking forward to hearing about more booted adventures and seeing more pics as well, thanks for the encouragement!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maninboots said:

I don't really see wearing heels and knee high boots as any big deal, it's only a pair of shoes at the end of the day, got plenty more stories like this though I'll have to post some time 

Looking forward to reading them.

Some of my boots are more difficult to put on than other, particularly the stretch fabric thigh boots but there a bit more formal than I would normally wear on a shopping trip where I am often taking off my boots to try on a pair in the store.  The main issue I have with changing boots in public is if I'm wearing a short skirt.  :penitent:

• Like 2

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Thighbootguy

I do not bowl anymore. To avoid removing my high heels, I simply plan other events around them.

NOTE: I didn't know there was a Thighboot Club. Did you only have the one meeting? Is the club

open to new members? Are you still having meetings? Sounds like you had a fun time.

spikesmike

3 hours ago, spikesmike said:

I didn't know there was a Thighboot Club. Did you only have the one meeting?

There are recounts of eleven meetings in the thread http://hhplace.org/topic/22791-thighboot-club-a-tall-story/

And like the title implies, it's a tall story.

• Like 1

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

• 3 years later...

Last weekend I decided to go out in a pair of very very low heeled black ankle booties. Just enough of a heel to make a clacking noise but not enough to really be a high heel. I like these boots a lot but they are a little small for my feet. 

Anyways I went and got coffee and was walking around town for a couple hours when I stopped at a thrift store. I couldn't resist trying on a couple of pairs of shoes, only when I went to put back on my boots, I was having a bit more trouble than usual. I think my feet had swollen from all the walking and my right foot especially would not go in the darn boot. It felt like I was there for a minute or two putting all my weight in to the shoe until finally in slipped in. Luckily I dont think.anyone was paying too much attention to me. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Despite flying fairly regularly I don’t have pre-check status so I always take the 4+” boots off at the TSA checkpoint.  I’m sure some people notice and stare lol.

BF00EFF5-DD35-4229-8227-23026178E11E.thumb.jpeg.479f6f4a253bd3905b95caf9f2b8b164.jpeg 

https://www.reddit.com/r/malefashion/comments/f5k1z5/high_ho_its_off_to_work_we_go/?st=KJ1VAXSN&sh=a78336ee

Edited by p1ng74
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, p1ng74 said:

Despite flying fairly regularly I don’t have pre-check status so I always take the 4+” boots off at the TSA checkpoint.  I’m sure some people notice and stare lol.

BF00EFF5-DD35-4229-8227-23026178E11E.thumb.jpeg.479f6f4a253bd3905b95caf9f2b8b164.jpeg 

https://www.reddit.com/r/malefashion/comments/f5k1z5/high_ho_its_off_to_work_we_go/?st=KJ1VAXSN&sh=a78336ee

Their stares are secret envy for sure

• Like 1

3 hours ago, p1ng74 said:

I have the pre-check status, but I also have buckles on my boots, so I have to take them off.

Edited by Cali
  • Like 3

At times i would go shoe shopping at Winners or thrift stores while wearing my 3.5 inch wedge Cole Haan boots. To try on the shoes im looking at I have to unzip my boots and take them off . it was quite the thrill. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

There’s a bowling place here that allows you to use your own shoes if they are rubber soled. If not, you pay a £10 refundable deposit and you take your own shoes with you and you put your bowling shoes on at the lane. Each lane has a couple of lockers for putting your stuff as a group in. Last time I was there pre covid in 2019, they allowed a Christmas party of women to play with their heels on. Mad Lass Collective.

• Like 1