Drinking from a ladies shoe

Paul (North-East)

Anybody know where the tradition of drinking from a ladies shoe comes from and what it represents (if anything) ? Guys- Have you ever done it ? Girls- Anyone ever used your shoes for this purpose ? And what was your reaction ? Must have left them kind of sticky I would have thought! Thanks, Paul.

I seem to recall reading once that it was a wedding tradition, although dont ask me which culture or religion, it was supposed to be done at the reception. I dont recall what the poor bride must feel like with a sticky wet foot or what to do if she is wearing sandals. I cant find any reference to it either, so it may be heresay too, and only done in certain countries. Did find an article which mentioned it as a tradition at a certain newspaper...

http://www.dailyorange.com/news/2003/09/19/News/Sipping.From.The.Shoe.Daily.Orange.Traditions.Evolve.Through.The.Years-470662.shtml

I don't know if there's a tradition anywhere. But I did it half a year ago just for fun. A good friend of mine owns a little bar (or pub) in the Alps. She is a size 7US. She is a heel addict, too and runs around in her bar in 4" or 5" stilettos every day, sometimes 5 1/2". Some day she got a present from another friend: 6 1/2" black patent stiletto pumps. She immediately tried them on but only managed to stand in them and make 2 or 3 little steps. No chance for walking. After that test walk failed, she decided to open up a bottle of champagne and everyone in the bar had to drink it out of her new shoes. It was a lot of fun. :drinking: Then she placed her new stilettos on a shelf behind the bar (where they are still right now) and said that everyone who wants to drink out of them should feel free to do so. So every time a "heely theme" comes up, the regular customers will do it. :D

High Heels - a true feelgood-factor for everyone

As long as only a few steps were made on the shoes ... Otherwise just imagine the "bouquet" that champagne would get if drunk into shoes used for miles walking, especially in summertime ! Call me a bore, but I would prefer to drink in a regular glass. Aaaaghhh !

• 2 months later...

I'm dead partial to a nice drop of champagne and I'm nuts on high heels, so why on earth do I decline to drink the former from the latter? It's because so many women complain about their weeping blisters, corns (wet and dry), festering bunions, scaling skin, crumbling toenails, mouldering warts, peeling nail-varnish, gangrenous toes, bleeding boils, chronic perspiration, putrid bloodblisters, Snodgrass's excretions, last year's suntan lotion, shedding scabs, infected callouses, ulcerating sores, athletes' foot, leprous foot-rot, shoe-chafe, Blenkinsop's disease and clinical eruptions of fetid puss. Suddenly, I'm not that thirsty! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Aw cummon Chris - I was only joking. I am sure that our champagne-drinking members will only ingratiate themselves with ladies whose feet are totally unblemished and are as pure and cutaneously pure as the driven snow. But you've got to have a larf now and again, incha? I mean, incha? I mean, incha? Huh? Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

I always believed drinking champagne from a lady's shoe wasn't such a good idea because the leather would ruin the taste and the residual moisture would ruin the shoe. And, good champagne is to delectable to waste and classic high heel pumps are to wonderful to be desicrated on purpose. :roll:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Hey, that's my line! I'll charge you royalties you know... :roll: Ah to heck with it, while we're stomping all over the idea I can't imagine the lady in question being too happy about having a wet foot for the remainder of the evening. Still like the idea though. Chris

Wise words heelfan. I will have to agree with you, and strangely enough, as much as I love a nice shoe, I detest a horible one with a passion, even if shoes dont smell, if they look like they do, they turn my gut. urgh. Nigel.

The angels have the phonebox.

• 4 weeks later...

YUK! YUK! YU-U-U-K!!! I must agree completely with Bob2hh and especially with Heelfan. I DO wear heels, but I DON'T drink and after reading Heelfan's extremely graffic post, I'm NOT about to try it under ANY circumstances. O-O-O-OH!!! I'm feeling a bit sick!!! :roll: Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!