Custom Boot Makers in UK

Hi Everyone, this is my first post :) 

I used to buy boots from The Little Shoe Box, mainly the standard lace-up knee boots that were not made to measure.
How does boots from Sky-Scrapers & Fabulously Fetish compare with regards to Fitting & Quality for a standard order?

The Little Shoe Box lace up knee boots had a standard calf of 8 inches and the calf was 12 inches fully laced tight.
The Sky-Scraper calf's are said to be 15.5 inches, that's one hell of a difference.

Can anyone please advise?

Many thanks
MissBoots

Hi MissBoots, welcome to HHP.

I have more than a few pairs of SkyScraper heels including some zip up knee and thigh boots, although sadly none of their lace up boots. Quality wise never had any issues, and with a very rigid shank and little to no heel flex are a shoe capable for all day wear. With regards sizing, while they advise a size larger than your normal, I've found them to be fairly true to size with perhaps erring slightly on the narrow side. They do offer half sizes but I have felt very little difference between pairs of UK 8 and 8.5 in the same style.

I appreciate your concerns regarding shaft widths and while they are made to order this is not a full custom service. However, it may be worth speaking to them regarding adjustments to calf and ankle widths as there are options to change shaft length on knee boots. In fact for the zip up thigh boots even on the website it  states in addition to length the calf and thigh widths may be adjusted.

Just to give an idea of fit, I have skinny 8.5" ankles and these boots in UK8.5 have a 14.5" calf and 9" ankle as a standard order.

image.jpeg.8096beba9781229faf04e285fc5e55a9[1].jpg

• Like 1

Hi aristoc

Thank you for the well detailed reply and image.

I'm so used to The Little Shoebox boots that it's hard to trust another manufacturer.

What i'm looking for is a pair of Knee Boots in the same style as below, can anyone help?

8885348237342.jpg?version=2.2.3

• Like 1