Decisions

curiousheels

curiousheels,

Where will the shoes be worn? The domina sandals suggest a more upscale evening or event. They will look more elegant but will be harder to walk in over a period of several hours.

The Pleaser Kiss 209 platform sandals is one of their absolute best sellers. This one would work for a night out to a club, a bar, perhaps even a movie. It will look good with slacks or jeans and is stable to walk in.

What I've done before is carry an extra set of heels to allow for change of pavement or venue or my own mood for that matter. Carry a totebag or a handbag. Be realistic, if you're wearing heels in public carry that other necessary tool:  the handbag.   I hope this helps in the decision process.  HappyinHeels  

What a choice to make. 6" fuck me heels vs faux 6" platform stripper heels.

I'd pick the Domina because I hate platforms. The platforms will be easier to walk in as they're basically 4" heels with training wheels. Although the Domina range of shoes is probably one of the most comfortable series of 6" heels you will find. There are 6" heels being made that cost 2, 3, 4 times as much that are also 2, 3, 4 times as uncomfortable to wear.

Edited by Chorlini

6 hours ago, curiousheels said:

For now probably just around the house.  I do like the elegance of the sandals.

I was going to say, it depends on why you want them. If it's just for around the house, I would say go with the single-soled sandals, just because I think they look much better. However, if you want to wear them in public, I don't really think either is a great choice.

You said you have been wanting to try walking in 6" heels for a while. That suggests you haven't worn heels that high before.

What is the highest single sole shoes you have worn?

By far the better looking are the strappy sandals, but then I have always preferred single soles over platforms

I hope you have the success you desire when you get them on your feet. Good luck.

Shoes with 6" heel are fun to wear.  Especially out and about in a large city.  Keep in mind that your shoes must fit properly and you must really pay extra attention to where you walk as outside pavement conditions can cause problems.  So, it is really imperative that you pay extra attention to where you and how place your foot and so as not to trip, fall and hurt yourself.  A task that can only be learned through actual practice.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

On 4-2-2017 at 1:26 AM, curiousheels said:

Still be a test for me to walk in I think.

Depends on your footsize I'd say. I'm size 12,5 US and 5.5" heels is doable for me, to downright comfortable, depending on the shoe brand. Those stripper heels with their 4" effective height feel like flats to me. If you have smaller feet on the other hand 5.5" will probably pose more of a challenge.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have the Domina sandals and platforms similar to what you posted, and the Dominas will be a LOT more of a challenge than the platforms.  Please be sure to let us know what you decide.