my 017 adventures

w6ish

Just now, w6ish said:

has anyone tuned up their jeans with the distressed look?  

No i haven't but i do own dozens of designer manufactured distressed denim short shorts and many skinny jeans in various colours.  You could do it yourself but in my opinion often it's never looks as good. Reasons why manufactured denim distressed jeans are different, it is they sewn around the cutout area so it doesn't tear your jeans apart, further then you intend.

Seen female at work do it copying my style, envious seeing how nice my jeans appear, but it just looks butchered and amateurish.  Also using serrated  scissors helps with the distressing along the hems giving that frayed look. Take it to a tailor to sew above so it doesn't damage your jeans from falling apart. In some instances you can get away with it yourself. For example had my Rag & Bone skinny jeans distressed around the upper pocket damaged while i hooked it under the table ripping apart going down vertically. In order to stop the tear i took it to a tailor instructed him to sew around the rip so it stops from going further down my upper thigh. It worked and hardly noticeable yet keeps it's shape of the jeans. Some girls make the mistake tearing her jeans apart and once they put them on the shape doesn't contour there legs as it should be often leaving their knees exposed fabric flaps in the wind. 

My belief is manufactured distressing is  optimal way to have a great appearance. Difficult to get the strands held in place without ripping a entire hole in the denim fabric. 

1z0itc-l.jpgfnh1g4-l-610x610--grey-crop-grey-design-

Looking to style my appearance with some short crop white skinny distressed jeans  showing off my lean tone tanned thighs with some cool Stuart Weitzman sandal heels.

2d186ea863793e3caeba39f9f064b699.jpg.4c9436e27b0008411f193e7a54e4110d.jpg

Acessorized with linen denim colured light blue button up short blouse. 

main%5D

One time i came to work wearing exactly these jeans Jessica is wearing. Honestly telling you the amount of attention i received was unreal and comments i heard and expression to my appearance was unforgettable. I have more in common with JS wearing exact jeans and owning same dog, Lol....

m_56df7e6fd14d7b09bf010924.jpg

Edited by MackyHeels
  • Like 1

my problem right now is i'm in the middle of nowhere, at the cottage!  so there are no flashy stores anywhere nearby to purchase some new "distressed look" jeans.  i have a pair here that are naturally distressed and i mean seriously full of very sexy holes in all the right places but they are not the super tight skinny jeans that i want to wear tonight with my gal pal.  the ones here are just for that: a day and an evening at the cottage!  so i'm going to use a utility knife with a brand new blade and gently cut through some of the fabric and see if i can't make myself some home style distressed jeans.  i'm not leaving for the city until this afternoon so there is time to fool around with the idea, throw them in the washer and see what i can come up with.  my Daelyn 6 inch heels are ready!  

• Like 1

On 8/15/2017 at 9:02 AM, w6ish said:

has anyone tuned up their jeans with the distressed look?  

I have more than once, of course I did it by actually wearing the hell out of them working my ass off in landscape and home remodeling. Manufacturing the look or buying old geans only looks ridiculous. 

you  might get a chuckle out of this!  my Wednesday trip went well and my 8 p.m. dinner date showed up on time!  i did a fast clothing change in a filthy gas station washroom around 7 p.m.  kind of like Clarke Kent doing the phone booth deal, i was in and out pretty quickly, without getting my saucy light blue "newly distressed" Bluenote jeans dirty in anyway.  i wore a black t shirt with the arms, neck and bottom cut off, and my Daelyn 6 inch heels!  a very sexy outfit considering my newly dyed black hair and my ultra tanned skin.  

met my gal pal at the meeting place and she immediately said:  give me your cell phone!  i handed it over and she put both mine and hers in the glove box and said: there will be no texting or phone calls during dinner!  

we parked the car and out we went to the diner, about a block away.  i had no problems confidence wise as i was with her.  and my Daelyns are quiet on the sidewalk with those rubber soles.  she gave me the look from head to toe and stopped to look at my jeans.  she didn't say anything but i knew what she was thinking!  

we got to the diner and waited in line for a table.  that is when she started looking me over, front and back and she saw my cheeks and said:  you're tanned top to bottom aren't you!  i also enjoyed how she noticed a lot of other people were staring at us.  

we got into the diner, took a table, a booth, she slid in one side and i slid in the other.  but when i threw myself in behind the table i heard a loud rip!  i knew my jeans had torn in the back!  i wasn't sure how bad it was so i pretended nothing unusual was happening.  but i did slip my hand back there and found that instead of tearing horizontally with my fake distressed cuts, to show off a wee tad of my tanned cheeks, the Bluenotes had torn vertically, from my artistically placed cut, up past the back pocket between the seam, right up to, is it called: the back yoke?  

those jeans already have a thong like back to them but this was really a situation!  neither of us had any jackets as it was pretty hot that night.  so you can imagine the fuss i caused when it was time to leave!  

• Like 1

going out again today on a heeling adventure, this time local, right here in cottage country!  so some folks who know me and have seen me around over the years, this might be the first time they see me in heels!  the gal pal i'm going out with is always fun.  i'm not going to wear any home made distressed look jeans today!  

• Like 1

it was a bust on Monday!  we went to various places:  all of them, touristy places, but none of them high heel friendly!  a lot of slopes, gravel lane ways, uneven walking paths, and generally a very bad idea for 6 inch heels.  i took them off and ended up going barefoot for the afternoon and evening!  i guess cottage country is not the city!  definitely not the place for high heels!

• Like 1

out here in cottage country:  no place for 6 inch heels!  no harm done to the ankles!  but last night i visited a couple of friends at "the pool hall" and they gave me some very specific instructions:  wear your show all jeans and some 6 inch heels!  i couldn't refuse that fun request!  so i wiggled into my painted on jeans and wore my Daelyns and a black t shirt, all very tight and looking like a body suit!  with the tan at 100%, it was a fun look and an exciting time.  i'm glad i wore my Daelyns as those rubber soles are quiet, both inside and outside on the side walk.  i was going to wear my JS Dany platforms in black but for some reason didn't have the guts...  

• Like 1

i have to be honest:  even after 20 years of extreme high heels and wild adventures, the butterflies never cease.  i went out Wednesday evening, to visit that new gal pal from Sunday, and gosh i had a gigantic case of the butterflies.  i knew she was waiting across the street but it still took me 20 minutes to muster the courage to get out of my car, walk down to the intersection and cross the street... 

i'm so glad she waited.  (i wore my Daelyns again: loving those shoes!)

• Like 1

As I posted several years ago, I once, while wearing a pair of black pumps with 6" heels, badly twisted my ankle when I stepped on a rock and my ankle rolled over.  I had to walk using crutches for a couple weeks until the sprain healed enough for me to walk in flat shoes.  It was several weeks before I ventured out wearing heels again.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I do fear tripping/falling when out publicly as well....W6, thanks for being so honest about your nervousness, I won't be so hard on myself knowing your get nervous about some heeling situations as well....I'm always looking for heeling buddies, confidence in numbers I guess....D

Came close several times. I've gotten my stiletto tip caught in a crack in the sidewalk and almost in the gap between the floor and the elevator car. I have also slipped on a wet polished cement floor.

I start work for a new concern later this month and have to introduce them to the fact that I wear heels to work in. I'm a little nervous about doing that. No butterflies here, just pterodactyls.

Edited by Cali
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Cali said:

No butterflies here, just pterodactyls.

Oh, man, I hate when that happens! LOL

No, I've never fallen off a high heel, but I've come close. I don't usually do stilettos, but I recently bought a pair of black "Logan" Hooded Low-heel sandals, which I really liked. Payless was out of stock but Amazon had them for $20 so I bought a pair. I wore them out the other day and promptly got them snagged in a sidewalk crack, but fortunately they came loose. I paid more attention to where I walked after that! I also was in a pair of clog-style sandals recently (Born "Rutina") and the heel went into a hole where the pavement was missing (maybe an inch). I almost twisted my ankle, but fortunately recovered ok. It was a scare, though.

Steve

Born Rutina brown.jpg

Payless Logan Hooded Low Heel black.jpg

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 1:01 PM, w6ish said:

of course i should add:  over the winter my hair went big time grey.  so i'm sporting that salt and pepper look which i think doesn't jive with 6 inch heels.  some gal pals say keep it, others say get down to the salon where they can fix you up to jet black.

what do you think?  keep the salt and pepper look or go with, like in the above "hair do" photo, back to jet black?  (i'm thinking jet black.)

Hard to say without seeing you in person, but I'm thinking your gal pals might be right, fix your great hair up jet black...

5 hours ago, Cali said:

I start work for a new concern later this month and have to introduce them to the fact that I wear heels to work in. I'm a little nervous about doing that. No butterflies here, just pterodactyls.

Good luck Cali!

• Like 1

On September 2, 2017 at 6:36 PM, pebblesf said:

Hard to say without seeing you in person, but I'm thinking your gal pals might be right, fix your great hair up jet black...

i had it tuned up jet black and it was a much better looking do!  a confidence boost!

also:  it wasn't me who fell off the shoes and trashed them.  i was on a patio enjoying an afternoon snort when i saw a gal coming along and looking very hot:  tall, slim, long hair, tanned, leggy, monied, blabbing on her phone and just not paying attention.  she had on a pair of what looked like Jessica Simpson sandals, big heels!  thick platform.  as soon as i saw her i couldn't take my eyes off her.  she was gorgeous.  a real 20 something doll.  but i knew!  the way she was walking around out there on the sidewalk i knew it wouldn't be long before she went flying.  too much phone time and not enough paying attention to where she was.  well it happened!  she went over on her ankle and went down with no holes barred.  not only did she rip the vamp clean free, but she tore the ankle straps out as well.  her right shoe was trashed!  to add insult to injury, her phone went flying and i guess she cracked the screen.  

it was one heck of a wipe out but within a few seconds a gentleman came to her aid, helped her up, helped gather her things and off she went, broken shoe in one hand, broken phone in the other.  

truth is she looked more gorgeous than ever!  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, w6ish said:

i had it tuned up jet black and it was a much better looking do!  a confidence boost!

also:  it wasn't me who fell off the shoes and trashed them.  i was on a patio enjoying an afternoon snort when i saw a gal coming along and looking very hot:  tall, slim, long hair, tanned, leggy, monied, blabbing on her phone and just not paying attention.  she had on a pair of what looked like Jessica Simpson sandals, big heels!  thick platform.  as soon as i saw her i couldn't take my eyes off her.  she was gorgeous.  a real 20 something doll.  but i knew!  the way she was walking around out there on the sidewalk i knew it wouldn't be long before she went flying.  too much phone time and not enough paying attention to where she was.  well it happened!  she went over on her ankle and went down with no holes barred.  not only did she rip the vamp clean free, but she tore the ankle straps out as well.  her right shoe was trashed!  to add insult to injury, her phone went flying and i guess she cracked the screen.  

it was one heck of a wipe out but within a few seconds a gentleman came to her aid, helped her up, helped gather her things and off she went, broken shoe in one hand, broken phone in the other.  

truth is she looked more gorgeous than ever!  

Often women feel after embarrassing incident like you witnessed is to run away wanting no help.  While the gentleman felt it might be opportune time to get to know her. In reality female in her circumstance want to crawl under a rock let alone be helped by male who might want to get to know her better seeing she was spectacularly attractive.

Where were you W6ish when the moment she fell? With your foreshadowing of the trip and fall, it would be great momento to record the entire incident on your phone. Later convert the event  as a gif image, playing the event over over again. 

Suppose it's in all our fears discovering ourselves ass down on the pavement. Yet i doubt anyone would help us out as the said female diva. Kind of a told you so moment guys shouldn't wear heels.  Now reading your story i will have even more anxiety walking in needle spiked heels in my next outing aware of this wonderful attractive female. Thanks.

• Like 1

Great story, but Mackey in my opinion spiked heels are actually easier to walk in and on ruff surfaces they pinch out small obstruction where thick heels trap them and become unexpectedly unbalanced. The surprise is when your foot imbalance causes you to slip. My 2 cents. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

https://outseason.giuseppezanottidesign.com/os-uk/cher

saw the Zanotti thing on the gal's forum and of course i love the thick heels and platforms of the Zanotti E models.  those "cher" model 6 inch heels are totally me!  problem is:  where to find them in size 11?  i guess i'll have to go to Italy and find the ones i want!
Edited by w6ish

• 2 weeks later...

i am off on another adventure!  even though we're in a super heat wave i'm taking some long and skinny jeans anyway!  plus my white Jessica Simpson sandals and my black sling backs on the 6 inch heel.  i will let you know how it goes when i get back!

• Like 1

just in from a road trip to remember!  in the smoking hot heat, skinny jeans (bad idea in this heat) and my black sling backs and 9 hours of fun in the city.  that was today.  yesterday was just as amusing!  but i've been on the road since Sunday evening and i am completely drained.  be back tomorrow with the fun details.  didn't wear the white jessica simpsons as my foot was just too hot to slip them into those size 10's.  thank goodness for the size 12 sling backs!  

• Like 3

w6ish,

You always look amazing in your tight jeans and tall heels. The distressed look is not for me and I never understood it. I like bootcut , skinny, and boyfriend type jeans but they are pristine when I get them. The darker the better. As far as heat goes, we just completed six straight days of maximum temperatures at or above 32.5C/91F here in southeastern Wisconsin, truly an impressive hot spell so late in the year. It has also gotten very dry here. Sandal weather hasn't quite come to an end yet. Of course, my sandal weather may go into November.  HappyinHeels

• Like 1

On September 27, 2017 at 11:08 PM, HappyinHeels said:

w6ish,

You always look amazing in your tight jeans and tall heels. The distressed look is not for me and I never understood it. I like bootcut , skinny, and boyfriend type jeans but they are pristine when I get them. The darker the better. As far as heat goes, we just completed six straight days of maximum temperatures at or above 32.5C/91F here in southeastern Wisconsin, truly an impressive hot spell so late in the year. It has also gotten very dry here. Sandal weather hasn't quite come to an end yet. Of course, my sandal weather may go into November.  HappyinHeels

thank you for those kind words!  i on the other hand loved the distressed look but i tan to a very deep and rich dark brown, with no hair on my legs.  some gals like to see those colours peeking through on the thigh or on the back, up high.  i know my gal pals like my super tanned look showing through but i'm going to stick with the store bought distressed look to avoid any unexpected wild rips and tears, like what happened back in August!  a perfectly placed rip for the dance club but definitely not the diner...

we experienced the same beauty weather for a full 19 days in September and it was grand and glorious (i was at the cottage throughout!).  

my recent weekend visit to the city was filled with some amusing adventures with a new gal pal who really appreciates my style:  super skinny and show all jeans, black 6 inch heels, black tight t shirt, long black hair.  and NO WHITE heels as far as she is concerned.  she is more of an Ace of Spades kind of gal as it turns out.  and NO pumps!  i find it interesting how some gals will only accept one look!  so i took my black Daelyns and my black Sherberts with me for my weekend adventures.  

before i met up with her i went to a coffee shop, not the usual 2nd or 3rd class coffee shop but one of those high end places where you don't much see the red neck quacks who disagree with a man in high heels and say so out loud.  i went into this coffee shop around 5 p.m., dolled up and ready for an evening of amusements, no confidence issues as i knew i looked good and i knew where i was going with the evening: a very fun time.  so i marched in there with head held high and ordered something dark, full bodied, and took a seat by the windows, and started goofing off with my phone messages.  there weren't many folks in there, maybe a half dozen, but pretty soon i had that feeling i was being watched!  

i saw an older gal, very elegant, sitting alone.  on her table she had a cup of coffee and a note pad, an actual old school pen and paper note pad...  interesting!  anyway i looked at her and she immediately looked away.  but i found it exciting and soon was turned onto the show business side of wearing high heels and skin tight jeans.  i don't know if it happens to you guys but when i know i'm being watched, i like to give them something look at!  

here is the look i was sporting:

of course i can only show you this much as any more would get me booted!  but you get the idea.  i have to admit:  it is fun when you know a lady is watching!  after a half hour of amusements i grabbed my stuff and quickly left, walking confidently out the door and across the street to my car.  of course i had to look back and i saw her sitting there watching me!  

• Like 2

On ‎04‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 2:58 PM, w6ish said:

thank you for those kind words!  i on the other hand loved the distressed look but i tan to a very deep and rich dark brown, with no hair on my legs.  some gals like to see those colours peeking through on the thigh or on the back, up high.  i know my gal pals like my super tanned look showing through but i'm going to stick with the store bought distressed look to avoid any unexpected wild rips and tears, like what happened back in August!  a perfectly placed rip for the dance club but definitely not the diner...

we experienced the same beauty weather for a full 19 days in September and it was grand and glorious (i was at the cottage throughout!).  

my recent weekend visit to the city was filled with some amusing adventures with a new gal pal who really appreciates my style:  super skinny and show all jeans, black 6 inch heels, black tight t shirt, long black hair.  and NO WHITE heels as far as she is concerned.  she is more of an Ace of Spades kind of gal as it turns out.  and NO pumps!  i find it interesting how some gals will only accept one look!  so i took my black Daelyns and my black Sherberts with me for my weekend adventures.  

before i met up with her i went to a coffee shop, not the usual 2nd or 3rd class coffee shop but one of those high end places where you don't much see the red neck quacks who disagree with a man in high heels and say so out loud.  i went into this coffee shop around 5 p.m., dolled up and ready for an evening of amusements, no confidence issues as i knew i looked good and i knew where i was going with the evening: a very fun time.  so i marched in there with head held high and ordered something dark, full bodied, and took a seat by the windows, and started goofing off with my phone messages.  there weren't many folks in there, maybe a half dozen, but pretty soon i had that feeling i was being watched!  

i saw an older gal, very elegant, sitting alone.  on her table she had a cup of coffee and a note pad, an actual old school pen and paper note pad...  interesting!  anyway i looked at her and she immediately looked away.  but i found it exciting and soon was turned onto the show business side of wearing high heels and skin tight jeans.  i don't know if it happens to you guys but when i know i'm being watched, i like to give them something look at!  

here is the look i was sporting:

of course i can only show you this much as any more would get me booted!  but you get the idea.  i have to admit:  it is fun when you know a lady is watching!  after a half hour of amusements i grabbed my stuff and quickly left, walking confidently out the door and across the street to my car.  of course i had to look back and i saw her sitting there watching me!  

Stunning look - I love it!