my 017 adventures

w6ish

i started my 017 adventures on Thursday night!  glad to have done it.  i was suppose to be going out on a little dinner date and other things with a gal pal so i certainly dressed for the part:  i wore my light blue, tight to the ankles, super stretch and show all jeans.  a black t shirt.  my high cut black leather jacket.  and my black 7.5 inch spike heel Pleaser boots that i bought from Maya shoes all those years ago.  foolishly i neglected to put in the footbed padding i bought for them...  so two hours into my outing my feet were absolutely killing me!

the city streets were beautiful, no snow, it was mild with people everywhere.  i decided to cancel my dinner date as i just wasn't in the mood for some reason,  i went out anyway, on my own.  of course all the usual things happened beginning with me and my bad case of the butterflies to all the slack jawed gawkers on the street, many who snapped pictures of me with their phones.  not sure how much i like that.

one man approached me and asked in a friendly manner, how on earth could i walk in heels that high?  an older woman approached me and said she admired the spirit of my outfit.  it was a young lady who really struck me though.  she approached me asked:  are you a model?  i thought that was a pretty cool question!  i of course replied no.  she looked me up and down and said:  you have beautiful calves.

i never heard that one before!

• Like 5

Great to see you getting out there with your boots and heels on full show, i usually find most comments are complimentary but you will always get the odd small minded sarcasm, it bugs me though when women ask me how I manage to walk in heels that high and add i wouldn't even be able to walk in them, what makes them think it should any more difficult for men to walk in heels than women, they're the same height whoever wears them hence the same degree of difficulty, if you wear them often enough then you'll manage them regardless of gender, likewise if you don't wear heels then you'll find them difficult regardless of gender

• Like 1

it is a fun adventure wearing 6 inch heels and higher!  i get a lot of very nice compliments about the heels, the skin tight jeans and/or the whole outfit, and that can really make my day.  of course i get a lot of sneering looks, sometimes some laughing and finger pointing.  i've been wearing these super high heels for 20 years so i've certainly heard my share of both positive and negative comments!  the latest thing of course is all the camera phones.  not sure how i feel about all of those photos being taken by complete strangers but that is the world we live in these days.

i always get a laugh when i hear women say: i could never walk in those.  because they are so right!  they never could.  i can, and have, and have had a lot of fun over the years with my personal fashions.  walking in 7.5 inch heels on the street can be a bit tricky but all you have to do is slow down and pay attention.  once inside the club though with those big open floors, it's a cake walk (ha!  no pun intended as i have stepped on a cake with those shoes in the past!).  you can really move about the place at ease and especially with those white shoes, everyone in the whole place is going to see them.  

here is the other video from a night out with my white heels.  the first one:  downstairs, was filmed in the bar in the basement nearing closing time.  so the place was getting empty.  the "upstairs" vid is me waiting for my gal pals.  the party was over by that point and they were wondering what late night diner we should be going to.  it was a fun time.  and those white 7.5 inch heels are super comfortable.  i can make an 8 hour adventure out of it in those shoes.  (big thick footbed padding does wonders!)  i also like the jeans i'm wearing in these vids.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

we had some beautifully mild and sunny weather over the weekend in Toronto, Canada.  i went for a long walk and sat in the park, soaking in the the blaze of sunshine, and even though we are a very long way from the summer months, i closed my eyes and imagined these legs of mine: 

gallery_106_183_15585.jpg

imagined them tanned and ready for those double buckle beauties i'm wearing here or any of my other super high heels.

please be an early spring!!!

• Like 2

Your so right..Lol:fine:. No seriously, went to outlet store today found some suede Sam Edelman pump stilettos like these.sam-edelman-new-sold-out-pointy-toe-genu

Yes to my amazement  a size 12 US which has to fit me, i was about to grab them only to back off, saying to myself those heels ain't high enough. Something about these heels or height i see some women wear doesn't do it for me. Maybe W6ish does know higher heels looks better, i don't know if your 7.5" platform your video shows are for me but i understand wearing them better now.

This would be more like my style CL..Classic-Christian-Louboutin-New-Simple-P

Do know W6ish might like these Daffodile better might be to high for me though. For $150 quite a bargain.

Christian-Louboutin-Daffodile-160-Pumps-

Edited by MackyHeels
  • Like 4

that 3rd pair is more my style.  there is just no way i'm going to wear anything lower than a 6 inch heel.  now i will admit my white 7.5 inch heels are extreme so here is a short video of me in my more conservative heels, just to show you i'm not completely crazy.  a fun and simple fashion too:  dark blue skinny jeans, black ankle nylons doubled up, my black Daelyn 6 inch heels from Jessica Simpson.  on top, a black t shirt trimmed off at the waist and a high cut jacket.  casual!  and it works.  

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

now that spring is in the air, i'm thinking about high heels and the outfits to go with.  i'm going to stay with my super stretch skinny jeans of course, but i have a black body suit hanging in my closet...  

what to wear with a black body suit?  6 inch heels yes, but what else?  any suggestions?  i'm going out shopping this afternoon so help me out with some ideas.

• Like 1

had the afternoon off and thought i would go down memory lane here on hhplace.  i found this gem:

"i fell off my white double buckle beauties on a main street, in front of hundreds of people... my wife and girlfriend were there and helped me off the pavement. i stepped in a small pothole with my right platform and down i went. that is what you get for not watching where you are going. it was the most embarrassing high heel experience i have had!"

from way back in 2004.  i remember it well!  down i went and the gals said i went down like a gazelle.  (that wasn't the end of my wipe outs but it was definitely one of the top 5 in my high heeling experiences!)

what struck me more though was this response:

"Wow! Some people are really lucky. Not only do they get to wear their heels out in public in front of hundreds of people, they have both their girlfriend and wife help him up when he falls off of his high heels....WoW!!!!  (My wife would push me off of my heels and shoot both me and my girlfriend while she was helping me to my feet. :rofl: )"

ha ha!!!  that's fun stuff!  well some of us don't live by those rules!  as my lovely wife would say:  anyone who wears 6 inch heels is definitely going a bit further.

gallery_145_731_1335288955_7595.jpg

said "double buckle beauties", from all those years ago!

sweet hhplace!  such memories! 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, w6ish said:

had the afternoon off and thought i would go down memory lane here on hhplace.  i found this gem:

"i fell off my white double buckle beauties on a main street, in front of hundreds of people... my wife and girlfriend were there and helped me off the pavement. i stepped in a small pothole with my right platform and down i went. that is what you get for not watching where you are going. it was the most embarrassing high heel experience i have had!"

from way back in 2004.  i remember it well!  down i went and the gals said i went down like a gazelle.  (that wasn't the end of my wipe outs but it was definitely one of the top 5 in my high heeling experiences!)

what struck me more though was this response:

"Wow! Some people are really lucky. Not only do they get to wear their heels out in public in front of hundreds of people, they have both their girlfriend and wife help him up when he falls off of his high heels....WoW!!!!  (My wife would push me off of my heels and shoot both me and my girlfriend while she was helping me to my feet. :rofl: )"

ha ha!!!  that's fun stuff!  well some of us don't live by those rules!  as my lovely wife would say:  anyone who wears 6 inch heels is definitely going a bit further.

gallery_145_731_1335288955_7595.jpg

said "double buckle beauties", from all those years ago!

sweet hhplace!  such memories! 

I know the feeling, but I didn't have anyone to help me up. Been a few weeks since my epic fail, and I still have the road rash knee from it. The one heel didn't survive it. Actually, I do believe the heel failure was the cause of my spill. I hope never to have that experience again.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On March 25, 2017 at 5:19 PM, Heelster said:

I know the feeling, but I didn't have anyone to help me up. Been a few weeks since my epic fail, and I still have the road rash knee from it. The one heel didn't survive it. Actually, I do believe the heel failure was the cause of my spill. I hope never to have that experience again.

i've never had a heel failure before!  so far though i've destroyed 2 pairs of my 7.5 inch heels from falling off them.  i kept the damaged shoes in hopes of finding a cobbler who can bring them back to life.  

spring time: in the spirit of a new and flashy heel wearing season i went out on Saturday afternoon and bought 2 new pairs of fun jeans for upcoming adventures.  the Bluenotes i bought in particular might be perfect for my 6 inch heel boots!  

what i'm really looking forward to is wearing these black pumps!!!

large.IMG_7984.jpg.796667e4fab305bbfb3fa7826387e202.jpg 

• Like 3

i'm back from a WILD weekend in the good city of Toronto.  perfect weather for starting my high heel adventures.  on Saturday i wore my Jessica Simpson Daelyns for the afternoon and evening: very comfortable shoes for 6 inch heels.  we walked for what seemed like miles and i had no trouble at all with them or my feet.  i wore them with doubled up black knee high nylons and dark blue skinny jeans, a black t shirt on top and a zip up hoodie left unzipped (exciting for me as those show all jeans were not hidden!).  we got a very late start on Sunday but managed to get out for the afternoon and once again, hit the streets and some very interesting shops and amusing events on both ends of the city.  it was fun to be in the company of my two gal pals for both days, they seem to have sorted out their differences which is great for me as i like them both.  on Sunday i wore a pair of white Jessica Simpson heels, a new pair, first time out with them, and they need to be stretched!  they are size 10 and in my opinion, a half size too small for me.  i wore some black nylons so my feet would slide down into them in hopes they wouldn't look too small, but whenever i found myself sitting anywhere, it definitely looked like they were too small.  standing in them, they looked fine, i hope!  very comfortable shoes and i can wear them for hours, which i did on Sunday.  easy to walk in, no complaints from the feet, and very quiet with the rubber soles.

i left the city around 7 p.m., drove home via the scenic route and didn't arrive until 2 a.m.!  by which time the streets were clear of any folks but the city maintenance crews were out washing down the sidewalks in my part of town.  i filmed this little video of my new JS heels.  i love the shoes but i won't buy JS shoes again in size 10.

fun stuff.  let me know what you think of my new shoes.

Nice, but I agree they look a bit small as your heel is over the back a bit. Sling straps help. If they had been pumps I'm betting they wouldn't have fit. Surprised you didn't have tired or sore feet due to them. Look good and sexy. Hopefully someone gave you a foot massage afterward. 

JS size 10 on me is just a bit small.  my JS Daelyns and Danys are size 10 but the vamp has spread enough that my foot will slide in there nicely with nylons on.  i'm hoping the same will happen with these new white shoes.   i asked my gal pals if they looked too small on me and they both said wear them!  while walking or standing in them they look normal.  i think they look kind of dumb though with my heel sticking out past the foot bed!  

• Like 1

You should only care about the impression you make on people regarding the front of your shoes, when you meet them. When you walk away from them, the appearance of the back of your shoes no longer matters! LOL

:giggle:

Steve

3 hours ago, w6ish said:

JS size 10 on me is just a bit small.  my JS Daelyns and Danys are size 10 but the vamp has spread enough that my foot will slide in there nicely with nylons on.  i'm hoping the same will happen with these new white shoes.   i asked my gal pals if they looked too small on me and they both said wear them!  while walking or standing in them they look normal.  i think they look kind of dumb though with my heel sticking out past the foot bed!  

I agree, I think standing in them they would look just fine because in that shot your foot is a bit straightened compared with the shoe in the sitting position as well as not being pressed into the vamp.  

I am in the same boat as you, almost all of my heels are a size 10, and they all fit pretty well for the most part.  However, I think if I could find the same selection of shoes in a 10.5 size, I would be much better off with those.  As we all know, the large majority of heels are not made larger than size 10.  So, it is what it is and I have to make due :)  I can't complain though, with few exceptions, I can work with a size 10 almost every time.

Edited by hhboots

21 hours ago, hhboots said:

I agree, I think standing in them they would look just fine because in that shot your foot is a bit straightened compared with the shoe in the sitting position as well as not being pressed into the vamp.  

standing in them, they do look like the proper size.   with the nylons on, my foot slides right in there nicely.  i'll snap a picture of me standing in them.  

large.IMG_1165.jpg.d196ad791aa38653c15ac08ec0438fb7.jpg

my new JS heels, size 10.  just a half size too small!  i think though with more wear the vamps will stretch a little and my feet will slide into them like they do with my Daelyns and my Dany heels, also size 10.

large.IMG_1167.jpg.5f41b705bcc6ca50cb4550563c694baf.jpg

these might have to be "night wear only" shoes...

large.Daelyns.jpg.9baa2bb311232e545a8dc0122854e664.jpg

my Daelyns, size 10.

gallery_106_183_5496.jpg

my Danys, size 10.

Edited by w6ish
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/22/2017 at 9:38 AM, w6ish said:

oh my goodness i had a nightmare that my long black hair was shaved off!  

whew...  a nightmare indeed!

I remember when I had hair like that (longer), a distant memory now.

Love these platforms. But I find JS shoes are not made for high arches, usually the straps on JS shoes are just too small for my toe box/arch. I like to wear these type of shoes with (short) shorts and a polo shirt or Hawaiian shirt. If you can wear these heels you might as well show them off.

When I wear shoes like that women have told me they are called CFM's. (See my CFM album.) I find those shoes give you a sense of power and confidence, fun heels to strut your stuff in. But they are unforgiving to walk in, slightest misstep can mean instant trouble.

Edited to add.  These are Steve Madden Dreamgrls

SM Dreamgrl.jpg

Edited by Cali
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

i had to meet a friend yesterday afternoon, downtown, for a late lunch.  the two of us go way back to those fun and sexy times when you're in your early 20's.  good stuff.  anyway: i knew she would love to see me as me so i wiggled into my "painted on jeans", a black t shirt, and my black Steve Madden Dejavu pumps.  i had the butterflies over the whole thing so i wore a black suit jacket to cover up my back side and if need be, to cover up the super revealing front.  i parked the car and started walking to the diner. i didn't button up my jacket and left it to hang open, so that anyone who cared to notice, would definitely see what i was made of.  

i walked up to an intersection and there was a bubble butt guy with a comb over, likely in his 40's, chubby, dressed like an office worker who hadn't done their laundry, standing, waiting for the light to change.  he had his little brief case in his hand and his jacket over his shoulder, pot belly hanging out over his belt.  

as i was walking up behind him he heard my heels on the sidewalk and turned to look.  as soon as he laid eyes on me and saw my black pumps he broke into a huge smile which i knew was: laughter.  he was laughing at me and shoes.

i knew i looked super sexy and i knew my gal pal at lunch was going to freak when she saw me.  but somehow this fat slob rattled me.  i'm not sure if i get tired of these kinds of reactions or what it is.  but it bugged me.  

i made sure my jacket opened up wide and i saw his eyes go from my shoes to my jeans and i saw his laughing smile quickly disappear!  i walked up and rounded the corner and kept going.

i had a beautiful afternoon with my lunch date but at the end of the day i was thinking about that dork and him laughing at me.  i guess that's just the way it is with this world:  folks see someone doing something different and they have to react.  at least he didn't shoot his mouth off at me.  i think that huge package clearly visible in the front of my jeans may have shut him up!

(the Dejavu pumps are murder to wear beyond 1 hour!!!)   

• Like 2

You handled that reaction very well by not saying anything. Don't let it bug you. The pioneers are the ones with arrows in their backs.

Just go out and have fun, like you did! Life is too short to worry about guys who are like that.

Steve

• Like 2

Describing him seems you felt bit disgusted or pity of his appearance. Yet his simple snug reaction made you to ultra sensitive to your outfit. Not everyone can admire our appearance or boldness wearing it. 

Take on the positive that most people you seen surrounding you didn't react in smug manner as the ordinary pot belly greasy office worker. 

As you I often observe female proportions and style outfits. Making a judgement call which often leads to non verbal expression. Sometimes or often it's negative having a puzzled look on my face why they are wearing xyz. While I to am being observed noticing what unique outfits I wear walking down the street. In reality I don't care how someone attires themselves as long they don't point fingers upon me. 

Best reaction you can give is exactly what you've done. Often had same happen to me but had no means to flaunt myself as you done because of the oufit covered it up. Only in my mind I can say only if you seen my body revealed your laughter. Giggles would stop. Often is the case when people disagree what I wear but all notice my body is fit and in shape admiring it or desiring it.

• Like 2

As my mom always said: "consider the source".  I know, much easier said than done.  I am more than guilty of taking the slightest criticism to heart as well.  Your lack of reaction was perfect, but really admire the way you revealed a little more in spite of the negative reaction....

I know it is hard, but you have to know that this slob was just jealous, even though probably subconsciously.  I have no problem admitting I am very envious of all you have accomplished...Bravo!

• Like 1