Mandatory High Heels Dress Code At Some Workplaces To Be Debated In British Parliament

Womer_uk

Should they not include neckties for men in the list of proscribed sexist clothing requirements? 

They won't, but they should if they were to apply any consistency to their logic 

I still marvel - or maybe I should say despair - that with so many things going on in the world, and indeed in Britain itself  - Brexit, for instance - our politicians can find time and energy to put into this bit of foolishness. 

Edited by Shyheels
  • Like 1

Yeah, the UK has become quite the bastion of the politically correct social justice warrior brigades. I strongly suspect those were the ones that got that useless git Jeremy Corbyn elected. Twice. As he's quite the SJW himself. Even though the Labor party's traditional constituency seems to migrate more and more to UKIP. That seems to be the overall trend nowadays. As the traditional leftwing parties get hijacked more and more by the PC brigades, SJW's, LGBT and feminists their traditional voters abandon them en masse for populists rightwing parties. Donald Trump may be a twat, but if he manages to drive a stake through the heart of political correctness in America it almost seems worth it.

As for this debate to be only about high heels, I'm not surprised. Feminism is not about equality, otherwise it would have been called Egalitarianism. It's a supremacist movement. That's why mandatory men's dress code is a non issue. Or why they come down like a ten ton hammer on anything that even remotely smells like a men's right movement. They don't want equality, they want supremacy.

True, in the U.K., US, and Australia what had once been the parties of the blue collar working class have become parties representing a mish-mash of PC leftish special interest groups, leaving the great mass of working class voters utterly disaffected and with nowhere to go - except to people like Donald Trump. Small wonder he's in the White House.

On that score I can't see the silly PC high heel debate taking place in the US Congress anytime soon. 

4 hours ago, Shyheels said:

On that score I can't see the silly PC high heel debate taking place in the US Congress anytime soon. 

Congress won't have time to worry about this unless it becomes a transgender bathroom issue.

- - - """ Oh no - It's a guy in the men's room wearing heels and a skirt - - he's gonna scar Billy Bob for life!!!""""

And yes, I can see this!

3 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

I thought that was more about the 'guy' in the women's room

You're probably right but it could also be about the 'gal' in the men's room.  I wonder if that would have the same scaring effect on Billy Bob? :penitent:

:wavey:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

2 hours ago, Heelster said:

Congress won't have time to worry about this unless it becomes a transgender bathroom issue.

- - - """ Oh no - It's a guy in the men's room wearing heels and a skirt - - he's gonna scar Billy Bob for life!!!""""

And yes, I can see this!

No, it's a guy in the men's room wearing women's attire - - - you know that ain't allowed. I'm sure our current congress would have the deplorables all up in arms. You should hear some of the bullxxxx coming out of the mouths of the people I have to work with.

Don't get me wrong, these are good guys that would bend over backwards if you in a serious jam, but show up in attire not  considered "good ole' boy" and they are done with you.

• Like 1

Unlesss it is a matter of safety wear - e.g.: steel capped boots in mines and on construction sites - or an identifying uniform - e.g.: police, military, pilot - nobody should have their tastes micromanaged and dictated to them by their employer. As long as they look presentable. 

As to heels, I would think even women who loved their stilettos - perhaps even especially women who loved their stilettos - would resent being told that had to wear them by their, usually male, bosses. My take on stilettos is that they are not about conformity but rather empowerment and self expression. Not something to trifle with.

Edited by Shyheels

Another political thread yikes. I'm one of those "equality fascists" that the OP speaks of. The thing about equal rights is it does not mean less rights for you, human rights are not an apple pie. It can mean less privilege for a few, but do we really want privilege, we did not earn? 

If they don't make men wear heels as part of their outfit, they should not make women do the same. I do not think it can be any clearer in logic (or morality) than that. Women and men are 100% equals with a level playing field. They are not the same, but is this not a sameness thing at all.

Edited by robbiehhw

If I were King of the world, I'd make heels mandatory for all women!  And acceptable for all men!

Seriously, as much as I love seeing the ladies in heels - and I might add there are not nearly enough of them doing so these days - I do find it absurd that heels would be required.  That said, however, it it is made clear that the dress code calls for heels, and one takes a job under that premise, then there should be no issues about what footwear needs to be worn.  You have the choice to not take the job if you don't like the dresscode.  I know that would be considered discriminatory then......

I have come to the conclusion, especially since becoming a regular wearer of heels myself, that heel height requirements are kind of dumb. Here is the reason why I have come to that conclusion, without even bringing up the subject of sexism:

I believe I am a lucky recipient of genetics, correct and useful information, and motivation when it comes to wearing heels, but even I have not found the journey to be easy. It has taken a lot of purposeful action to get to the point when I can wear heels very easily, relatively comfortably, and for long periods of time. It is my natural instinct to come up with three points, like any good preacher, but in this instance I can only manage two. Sorry. @meganiwish will probably be saying something right about now to the effect of, "Two Out of Three Ain't Bad" if she happens to be reading this.

1) Not everyone has the physical predisposition to wear high heels, without even considering injury or physical disability. Because of my minor celebrity status in my community and in my family as being the Guy Who Wears Ridiculously High Heels All the Time and Inexplicably Seems to Get By with Maintaining Some Level of Comfort (not to mention who still has perfect looking, undamaged feet), I get asked a lot how I do it. I am happy to tell others how I've done it, and how much work it took. And the fact is, I have inspired several women to wear high heels far more than they would have otherwise, but I have not managed to produce anybody like me, even if they say that's what they aspire to, in other words, wearing some type of elevated heel most of the time. Which brings me to point Number 2:

2) Even if we could point out all the faults in people's high heel choices and correct them (by this I mean shoe sizing, fit, walking technique, practice, &c.), we need to ask the question: Do we really want people to expend all of this energy and focus for the purpose of wearing a certain type of shoe that some may find somewhat more aesthetically appealing, rather than using that energy and focus to do the actual work that people are getting paid to do? My answer to this question is an emphatic "No!"

Go ahead and strictly enforce neatness/cleanliness standards. Make people actually polish their shoes! But mandatory high heels? A dumb idea that at best interferes slightly with productivity, and at worst diminishes the well-being, both physically and mentally, of a significant number of workers.

1 hour ago, mlroseplant said:

. @meganiwish will probably be saying something right about now to the effect of, "Two Out of Three Ain't Bad" if she happens to be reading this.

(I'd say, 'If you have two things to say, say two things, don't look for a third.'  The world isn't short of things people want to say.  I always rather liked Mersault.)

I grew up wearing "girls shoes."  It was only natural that I transitioned into high heels as I grew older and, to this day, still openly wear them without fear, qualms, shame or any problems what so ever. In fact,a couple of weeks ago I wore a new pair of Nine West booties, with over 4" heels, to a sold out concert without, in so far as I was able to tell, a second glance.  The only problem I encountered was having to walk two blocks up and down hill from where I had to park my car.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.