Why round closed toe pumps are almost only worn by old women with 35 years and up instead of younger women?

jim102

1 hour ago, Amanda said:

Thank you Heelster,  I'm glad that I wasn't the only one concerned about some of the replies here.

I think you should try turning the whole country off for at least ten seconds and then back on again. Perhaps that will do the trick...

If only it was that easy - - It's gonna be a few years.

(Bog Irish accent.) Amanda, I hear you've joined  Feikh Meghdiauigh along with the Pope himself.  How's it working out for you?  Are they anything like Fine Gael. I'd like to get involved, but I'm not sure himself  would be happy if the sexism got in the way of his tea.  But I can offer good catholic spelling.  None of the 'then' for 'than',  I can spell it thaughiaun.  I'm sure Tech's just a good Cattlick.

Of course. Since Amanda post on Friday the whole post is turning out of the subject. Everyone forget your useless comments please and get back to what the reason led me to create that post.

Like the shoes I had given on top before many clarks round toe pumps are so comfortable that I`m still seeing 40-49 women in ther reviews. I guess most of the macys`s pumps customers have the average of years 40.

Robbiehhw wrote most of women does not dress to please men but for their own look. Careers and fashions could have an influence on that.

Actually, I thought Amanda made a very fair point, and my comment was intended to show how I felt her post was being treated.  You confirm me in that.  Every comment that you don't like you dismiss as useless.  Are you wearing a very long tie by any chance?

• Like 1

I agree. Amanda's point is a valid one. Cringeworthy and sexist are apt descriptives of some of the posts on this thread. If by 'useless' you mean that her observation has not caused you to step back and take a good look at yourself then I suppose you could characterise it as useless. More's the pity.

• Like 1

Sorry

Anyway, back to the oriignal topic and yes I know exactly what you mean with your mind.

On 25/01/2017 at 7:55 AM, jim102 said:

This is discusting because women 20-30 say their bodies doesnt allow them to wear nice heels or does not want. And in the other way you see those ugly old women wearing them.

Those heels I like should be worn more often.

Hope you understand what I mean with my mind!

Edited by Amanda

The one I knew, if you told him a joke he'd sigh and then if you laughed he'd cry.  He needed someone to show him the things in life that he couldn't find, feeling that he must be blind if he couldn't see the things that make true happiness.  In the end, after he'd told me what he thought was his fate, he said he hoped I'd enjoy life, but it was too late for him.  I wondered if it was because he'd been a Para.  'No, I'd marry Sharon regardless,' said he, biting the head off the rat Simon Cowell.

12 hours ago, meganiwish said:

The one I knew, if you told him a joke he'd sigh and then if you laughed he'd cry.  He needed someone to show him the things in life that he couldn't find, feeling that he must be blind if he couldn't see the things that make true happiness.  In the end, after he'd told me what he thought was his fate, he said he hoped I'd enjoy life, but it was too late for him.  I wondered if it was because he'd been a Para.  'No, I'd marry Sharon regardless,' said he, biting the head off the rat Simon Cowell.

I see what you did there ;) 

• Like 1

Just trolling. Don't mind this post !

On 22/2/2017 at 7:39 PM, LuvsStiletto said:

Likewise, let's say you are a machine shop foreman, working with mostly guys, except for the handful of ladies that work in the front office, taking care of payroll, reception, billing, etc.

Of course the ladies don't work in the machine shop. Good

The soccer mom who is bringing five kids to McD's on her way to drop the kids off at practice, won't be wearing stilettos!

Men let their wives bring the kids to McD. Of course.

If you want to see hot moms who are wearing stilettos out and about

Apart from hot women, only hot moms wear stilettos. Excellent !

you will probably run into a fair amount of attractive women of all ages, wearing heels

Yes and if you are not so attractive, please don't wear heels. It will help spotting the attractive ones. Good point.

but if I want to be around attractive women who are wearing heels

The cherry on the cake.

On 23/2/2017 at 5:17 PM, Chorlini said:

A far cry from the days like the 60's when it was rarer to see a woman without heels then with heels.

Ah the good old time when women could not vote.

• Like 4

On 2-3-2017 at 5:47 PM, Gudulitooo said:

Just trolling. Don't mind this post !

Of course the ladies don't work in the machine shop. Good

Men let their wives bring the kids to McD. Of course.

Apart from hot women, only hot moms wear stilettos. Excellent !

Yes and if you are not so attractive, please don't wear heels. It will help spotting the attractive ones. Good point.

The cherry on the cake.

Ah the good old time when women could not vote.

It's probably meant tongue in cheek but why is it always assumed that anyone who says anything remotely critical about women is a rabid women hater who wants to roll back emancipation? I swear, in western society you are less likely to cause angry mobs with pitchforks if you say you went to Syria for fight for ISIS then if you say anything remotely critical about women and gay rights. 

Also, bring forth the angry mob with pitchforks but what's with all the women posting in the 'For Guys' forum? I refrain from posting in their forum, I encourage the idea that its just for them, yet I see more and more posts by women in this section which isn't for them. And frankly it changes the dynamics. Men amongst men talk differently then when women are present. For one it seems to bring out white knight behavior, and so what if our talk is on the edge? Nobody is advocating rolling back women's lib to the 19th century. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Chorlini said:

It's probably meant tongue in cheek but why is it always assumed that anyone who says anything remotely critical about women is a rabid women hater who wants to roll back emancipation? I swear, in western society you are less likely to cause angry mobs with pitchforks if you say you went to Syria for fight for ISIS then if you say anything remotely critical about women and gay rights. 

Also, bring forth the angry mob with pitchforks but what's with all the women posting in the 'For Guys' forum? I refrain from posting in their forum, I encourage the idea that its just for them, yet I see more and more posts by women in this section which isn't for them. And frankly it changes the dynamics. Men amongst men talk differently then when women are present. For one it seems to bring out white knight behavior, and so what if our talk is on the edge? Nobody is advocating rolling back women's lib to the 19th century. 

I get that the "battle of the sexes" thing makes for interesting banter but i dunno about you but i tend not to generalize about an entire gender of people because people are so very different and diverse. Male privilege exists in various degrees and and situations and in many instances guys don't even know they are experiencing it. I think one of those areas is in overgeneralization about women, not all men do this of course, heck many men are feminists in their own right, but many do. Maybe there should be no talk of " women's lib or emancipation" except in history studies and in the work that is yet to be done, because it is so abhorrent that we ever needed such things. We should talk about in the same vein with slavery. Complete equality should exist and it should have always existed.

As for Gay/bisexual/transgender etc rights - entirely different set of abhorrent history, but no less a moral issue. So yeah you can be individually critical about some women or some gay people and their behavior, we all are but to ask for the right to be critical of the movements in general is sort of like saying " you know slavery wasn't all bad, can't we discuss this? " No we really can't.

As for women in the guy's forum well that is up to the mods. I sort of wish for instance that i could have chosen F for my gender - the question was about your gender (or sex maybe i don't recall in detail)  at birth, and now we are getting into hair splitting. But, that is the right of those that run the forum. Their governance is what we all abide by. 

Edited by robbiehhw

11 hours ago, Chorlini said:

what's with all the women posting in the 'For Guys' forum? I refrain from posting in their forum, I encourage the idea that its just for them, yet I see more and more posts by women in this section which isn't for them. And frankly it changes the dynamics. Men amongst men talk differently then when women are present.  

The For the Guys forum isn't a men's locker room.  It's a public forum on a family friendly site.  Take the trouble to read the sub-heading.  It says, 'For discussion about men wearing heels.'  I await your explanation of how this thread fulfills that.  It properly belongs in For Everyone, where it would have been given short shrift.

• Like 2

Well Jim's question

Why round closed toe pumps are almost only worn by old women with 35 years and up instead of younger women?

is mainly an assumption that should be scientifically proven first before we open a debate on why it should be so.

A simple answer may be because fashion evolves. Round closed toe pumps have been in fashion cyclically. People that took the last wave were used to wearing these shoes. Younger people that were not aware of the former cycle may be surprised to rediscover this.

I will be turning 51 soon and already know what you are talking about. Ever noticed that you can not bend over and put your heels on without making a sound like a sigh, a grunt, or an ah. Lol. I still love my heels and will put up with the discomfort sometimes whether its my aging body, pointed toes or round toes. Sometimes thats the price for looking good and feeling good about oneself.

Some round-toe closed-toe pumps are worn by men. I got these the other day. Aerosoles "Major Role" in black, size 12M. They fit quite well and are breaking in nicely. And I have bunions and a hammertoe, so I'm hard to fit and thus I'm especially impressed. Anyone else besides Bluejay (who motivated me to get them) own a pair of them?

Steve

aerosoles major role black.jpg

I've owned several pair over the years.  both this style and penny loafer style.  The pairs I've owned all have had at least 4" heels.

In fact, I still wear wear them on occasion.  And indeed, they are very comfortable and garner very little attention.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

On 10/03/2017 at 1:27 PM, meganiwish said:

The For the Guys forum isn't a men's locker room.  It's a public forum on a family friendly site.  Take the trouble to read the sub-heading.  It says, 'For discussion about men wearing heels.'  I await your explanation of how this thread fulfills that.  It properly belongs in For Everyone, where it would have been given short shrift.

Exactly. It is not a men's locker room. Nor are there any rules against women posting in this forum. Nor should there be. The rules against men posting in the women's forum are clearly stated and serve a useful purpose, in my opinion. They need a forum where their comments will not get swiftly inundated by male posters. And no, guys should not be allowed to out F as their gender, no matter how fluid their personal feelings might be. This is a fashion website. The usual baseline standards apply.

The comments offered in this thread by Amanda and Megan are worthwhile and well put. Their points are valid and courteously made. And they broke not a single rule in posting them. 

• Like 1

On 11/3/2017 at 4:11 AM, meganiwish said:

OLD women?!?!?  Old women of 35?  Really?  Are you men or boys?

Hum, I was definetely looking at what was wrong with this wording but I kept missing the point ! Thank you so much to be so openly cristal clear about it.

Also if I understand good, "I am 35 years old" in english means "I was born 35 years ago", and not "I am old at 35". A french speaking guy would say "I have 35 years", and thus, once lost in translation, "people having 35 years and more", or more seldom "old people having 35 years and up".

However, gentlemen are not lost in translation.

Edited by Gudulitooo

According to my niece , age 25 who barrows my wife's ( late 40's ) Jessica Simpson round toe platform pumps it's just a personnel preference issue . When my wife and I started dating in 1996 she always wore round toe or baby doll pumps . They looked great on her and I told her that many times . On the other hand I have watched my older sisters go from 4" heels to the lower mini/micro wedge round toe over the years . When I asked why they weren't wearing their high heels anymore . They responded they had just lost interest in wearing them . In my opinion it looks like the individuals choice . 

On 3/11/2017 at 9:49 PM, meganiwish said:

What is this 'bend over' you speak of?

Megan , for me it would be to fasten the buckle on my sandal straps . My old achy body is starting to slow down and sometimes just picking up the news paper is a long way down . LOL     

Ah yes, the old creaky back. I have had some quite severe back troubles in the past, and as they come back to haunt me I find that there are mornings when bending over to tie laces can be trying indeed. Happily for me I am a fan of OTK boots. One lovely thing I have discovered about the pull-on variety of these boots is that they provide a wonderful way of getting around this painful early morning routine of putting on footwear - from a sitting position, one merely holds the top of the boot between thumb and forefinger, tosses the main body of the boot out in front of you, and then you slide your foot and leg down into the shaft. Repeat with other boot. Then stand up. You're good to go. No need for any painful bending or lacing. Perfect.

I'm seeing a big market here for pull-on OTK boots for ageing baby boomers of both sexes.... :cheeky:

Edited by Shyheels
  • Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 4:59 PM, maninpumps said:

My old achy body is starting to slow down and sometimes just picking up the news paper is a long way down . LOL     

Thanks Buddy for reminding me that, that doggone floor gets further away every day.......:happy::oops:

• Like 1