Why round closed toe pumps are almost only worn by old women with 35 years and up instead of younger women?

jim102

1 hour ago, Steve63130 said:

Actually, getting down is easy. It's coming back up that's a challenge! Gravity is not always my friend!

Steve

Murphy's laws on bars - - -You can't fall off the floor.

I've done enough damage to my back and other major joints that frankly, something is gonna hurt regardless. I've done something to one of my Achilles tendons recently, and walking barefoot is a pain. Lucky I have heels because then I can walk comfortably

Peter Ustinov told an anecdote of him getting a knighthood.  He said that he was asked to fill in a form with tick boxes.  One was 'I can kneel' or 'I can't kneel'.  There wasn't, 'I can kneel, but I can't get up again.'

• Like 2

I heard you'd had a stock letter printed, because turning them down individually had become so tiresome.  Lizbet isn't best pleased, but she puts it down to you being the wrong type of colonial from your answer to the question on the form, 'If you were given a packet of PG Tips would you (a) invite a bombed out neighbour in for a restoring cuppa or (b) chuck it in the sea?'

4 hours ago, meganiwish said:

I heard you'd had a stock letter printed, because turning them down individually had become so tiresome.  Lizbet isn't best pleased, but she puts it down to you being the wrong type of colonial from your answer to the question on the form, 'If you were given a packet of PG Tips would you (a) invite a bombed out neighbour in for a restoring cuppa or (b) chuck it in the sea?'

Why would I do either of those things. Surely PG Tips is a form guide for the next race meeting, put out by a tipster whose initials were P.G.

Edited by Shyheels