shopping and pix

This is an often asked question. The two pair of 7" heels I use as my avitar, are from the Little Shoe Box. Outstanding quality and fit. I highly recomment them. However, since I haven't ever visited their store in person, I would let one of the other regulars here, like Firefox and/or Tom (NL), tell you about their shop.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

As I've said elsewhere, I like 'Imagine' from Leatherworks, though I've bought 6'' shoes from The Little Shoe Box as well. They are true 6'' whereas Leatherworks generally seem to be nearer 5.5'' to 5.75'', which actually suits me better for everyday, and the heels are beautifully thin. They also have beige coloured sole pieces, which I think are more elegant. I think they both do 7'', but I've not yet tried them. Good luck! Anne Louise.

Of course you're right, Daz. When I first bought from them ten years or so ago they were shown as 6''. I've just checked one of my older pairs and the heels are actually a little over 53/4" but my current catalogue does say 51/2" - sorry for the misinformation. I think the height is bound to vary according to size - I have a pair of size 71/2 sandals which are a little lower then 51/2" but size 8 are a little higher. Their range has improved and expanded a lot in recent years, and the newer ones I have -say from three or four years ago - seem much better balanced, hence my being able to walk so much further in them and wear them all day if necessary. Of course my feet a re fully accustomed to the shape after all these years as well! I really want to get several more pairs this year in different styles and colours (funds permitting), as, with one or two exceptions, I have been rather conservative up to now. Anne Louise

no probs. pity the leatherworks gabrielle boot isnt a 5 inch heel. the 4.5 is a little low for what id class as a special part of my collection, but i tried 5.5 in leatherwoprks and they were a bit high, obviously as im not used to them. have tried 5inch bofore and is about my limit, but i think i could adapt. to say i dont spend all day in heels, i dont do so bad to walk a full day in 4.5inch heels daz