Possible new challenge

12 hours ago, krazykev64 said:

I came across this article in my local paper. It has given me an idea for a new challenge

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1348146491924600&id=460357840703474

if the above link wont work try this link

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/woman-seen-walking-up-wales-highest-peak-wearing-high-heels-in-wintry-conditions/story-30034207-detail/story.html

Been done.  I went to Everest Base Camp in heels (the evidence is somewhere on this site) and Shyheels went to Antarctica, I think it was.  It's a pretty rugged trip to EBC, and I wouldn't want to risk going further, but I was glad I did it.

• Like 1

OK - - so they may not be the most logical boots to wear in those conditions, but if they are warm and have a decent tread - - I'd do it. That doesn't look any worse than my driveway and the road I live on with the exception of no trees.

They were not even that high, maybe a 2" heel, hardly anything to get in a twist about. if a guy walked up there in western boots would it make the news too?

My wife and I went out last night. We had a bad rain here a couple weeks ago that turned to snow, so sidewalks and parking lots are treacherous. My wife was prancing around in her 4" spike heeled boots like it was no problem. I would have been sitting on my butt.

Edited by Pumped

11 hours ago, Pumped said:

They were not even that high, maybe a 2" heel, hardly anything to get in a twist about. if a guy walked up there in western boots would it make the news too?

If on a crowded place I'd take the challenge in my westerns with 4 inch heels :biggrin:

On 08/01/2017 at 6:12 AM, Shyheels said:

Indeed. I observed Megan from my own camp on Lhotse. Megan's heels were so high she had to acclimatise for three days before she took a single upwards step.

Yes, the five inches had me wondering about using oxygen, but I pushed through.  I was about to give up, but I met Brian Blessed and he whispered to me 'KEEP GOING.  YOU CAN DO IT.'

On 1/7/2017 at 9:06 PM, meganiwish said:

Been done.  I went to Everest Base Camp in heels (the evidence is somewhere on this site) and Shyheels went to Antarctica, I think it was.  It's a pretty rugged trip to EBC, and I wouldn't want to risk going further, but I was glad I did it.

Hi Megan, how high were your heels by chance? Good for you if you doing that. 

4 hours ago, meganiwish said:

Yes, the five inches had me wondering about using oxygen, but I pushed through.  I was about to give up, but I met Brian Blessed and he whispered to me 'KEEP GOING.  YOU CAN DO IT.'

Chapeau for managing those heels without supplemental oxygen. I attempted the same in my five-inch stiletto boots on my ascent of Rumdoodle in '04 but was obliged to retreat to Camp VI and change into four-inch stilettos for the final assault up the north face to the summit.

19 hours ago, Shyheels said:

Chapeau for managing those heels without supplemental oxygen. I attempted the same in my five-inch stiletto boots on my ascent of Rumdoodle in '04 but was obliged to retreat to Camp VI and change into four-inch stilettos for the final assault up the north face to the summit.

But it's a grand view from the summit, isn't it, and the inch less doesn't make a significant difference.

6 hours ago, meganiwish said:

But it's a grand view from the summit, isn't it, and the inch less doesn't make a significant difference.

A grand view indeed! In my heightened state I felt certain I could see those attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion and the C-beams glittering in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. Things you wouldn't believe. 

Alas, the next tall chap who comes along in five inch heels though will top my record. I suppose when you're making first ascents in conservative four inch stiletto knee boots you can't expect your records to endure. Pity.

However, I have moved on. I am looking now for high heeled flippers so I can pursue the world free diving record in the Blue Hole in the Bahamas..

Edited by Shyheels

Oh, that halibut ceviche!  No better way to eat halibut.  It was good that Bob kept that. Do you remember the song they used to sing when a fisherman brought one in? 'I'm in love with Hally, But Hally doesn't love me.'  Good times.