Suggestions Anyone

curiousheels

curiousheels,

I understand your situation to want to use a Canada-based store to save on customs duties and shipping costs. The prices quoted in US dollars appear to be fair so your only decision is what style to buy. Consider your personality and what you may wear the shoes with. Are you still just wanting to wear them at home or will you actually wear them out in public? Consider then which style suits you the best?  Pumps with dress pants or jeans? Ankle or kneehigh boots with a  skirt and tights? Wedge sandals with jeans or a  skirt?  Only you can best answer that. Decide what you want to achieve and go from there.  HappyinHeels

• Like 1

On 12/18/2016 at 11:31 AM, curiousheels said:

maybe have the forum pick out something for me to buy so I can take some pictures in them

Pictures generally are a record of what you really look like and where you have been, but they can also record a fantasy view of yourself that you would never present in public.  It is kind of tough to make a recommendation without knowing what purpose you have for pictures.

The site you referenced seems to have a wide range of edgy flats to crotch high boots.  Since your shoes are a reflection of your personality or a reflection of your fantasy desires,  what you pick for footwear says a lot about you, so it really isn't appropriate for us to make recommendations without knowing a lot more about you and that discussion probably isn't appropriate in a public forum.

The only point of reference I can have for a recommendation is what I do.  I have two modes of dress when out and about; If I'm out by myself I push things a bit with boots (knee high to thigh high with 3-5" heels) and jeans or a skirt/dress, however if I'm with other people its jeans and boots (knee high to OTK with flat to 3" heels).  On the fantasy side it's hard to beat a pair of patent leather thigh/crotch high boots.

Let us know what you decide on.  Like I said, it will tell us a lot about you.

• Like 2

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

curiousheels,

Now you have an array of input. Thighbootguy had enormous experience with all manor of boots and wearing heels as a guy in general. Others, like me, are more into sandals or pumps whether worn with other items "feminine" and "masculine" blended in or just "dudes in heels". Either way you have to decide what you want to get from the experience of wearing heels. They are not wall decorations but works of art for the feet so embrace them as an expression of your identity. Once you do this first critical step then everything else which follows will be logical and comfortable to you. HappyinHeels

• Like 4

Agreed with all that it is up to you to come up with the look that you are comfortable with.    I have gotten a ton of compliments on all my outfit choices and looks from just s pair of heels and jeans or leggings to 6" stiletto pumps fishnets and a leather miniskirt or thigh high platform boots.  Each to his own.  People will compliment me on my look as well as criticize. Even when people say it's not something they would wear or could wear they tell me I pull it off well.  Pick what you like and don't worry about what others think. I know I don't !!!!   

• Like 1