Hey, I like your boots/shoes...

Thighbootguy

I didn't want to be critical but you're so natural in your heels without the wigs. I believe people are drawn to you because you present a level of confidence that is lost once the wigs go on.

Keep heeling, you're one of cornerstones of hhplace.org. 

• Like 3

@jeremy1986 and @Jkrenzer -  Thanks for the comments, they are really appreciated.  My only comment is that I find wig shopping as much fun as shoe shopping, and not all my boot purchases are as successful as others. :penitent:

I went to a weekly jam at a restaurant tonight where the owner has always comment (positively) in my boots.  I figured that tonight I'd really give him something different.  I wore a gray long turtleneck, black leggings, and red faux suede OTK boots with 4" block heels.

GEDC1864.jpg.9ab31c249650c421554867c943b459ef.jpg

We played for several hours and the other folks in the jam noticed my boots (they aren't blind) but just figured it was something I'd do.  As I left and was putting my stuff into my car, one of the patrons in the restaurant called out across the parking lot, "Hey, I like your killer boots".  I called back a thanks and headed home.  I think this was the first public outing for these boots in a music setting (which I treat more conservatively than just being out and about).

I had fun.

:wavey:

• Like 4

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

• 2 weeks later...

I was riding the BMW home from work on US 75 in the middle of Dallas this evening.  The traffic ground to a halt and a guy in a white Honda Accord rolled his window down beside me.  He said "nice boots man".  I am used to getting compliments on the motorcycle but this one kind of caught me off guard.  I was wearing a pair of classic style Coach knee high riding boots in chocolate brown.  (bought them a few months ago at the Bloomingdales outlet store a few blocks from there for 80% off)  Usually men don't every mention boots unless they are being a comedian or sarcastic.  The ladies often compliment me but not out in traffic. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, blueparrot said:

I was riding the BMW home from work on US 75 in the middle of Dallas this evening.  The traffic ground to a halt and a guy in a white Honda Accord rolled his window down beside me.  He said "nice boots man".  I am used to getting compliments on the motorcycle but this one kind of caught me off guard.  I was wearing a pair of classic style Coach knee high riding boots in chocolate brown.  (bought them a few months ago at the Bloomingdales outlet store a few blocks from there for 80% off)  Usually men don't every mention boots unless they are being a comedian or sarcastic.  The ladies often compliment me but not out in traffic. 

So cool!  Nothing hotter than a biker in nice boots.  Positive input from a guy is the ultimate compliment indeed!

I had an appointment with an optician this morning and so as not to make a spectacle of myself(:penitent:), I wore a beige turtleneck with matching boots over jeans.

GEDC1871.jpg.e8fee747c6c63402330bd553065c9af4.jpgGEDC1872.jpg.fbf3852fa6dda7ac4a25b3037568f5be.jpg

During the exam, while she was checking my eyes, she said, "You look normal".

I told her that was the first time anyone had ever told me that.

I did get new glasses and chose a frame-less pair with a small lens.  These are quite different from what I had been wearing and you almost don't notice that I'm wearing glasses.  (Contacts are not an option for me.)  I really like the new look.

I'll be wearing this outfit to the restaurant where we played last month as a group of friends are playing there tonight.

• Like 3

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

7 hours ago, jeremy1986 said:

What a strange comment.... did she mean your eye sight, or your outfit??

I assumed she meant my eyesight. :shocked:  Nobody in the store seemed to give my footwear a second glance... but then all the customers were there because they needed glasses.

• Like 2

My pist sort of fits in this topic but i might add it to my blog later as well. Apologies to those that may read it twice. ;(

i was in the Wittner outlet store in Sydney the other day. Just trying things on. Killing time there are about 6-8 things i like but narrowing the selection down is hard. 

Quite a few other shoppers invluding a lady mid 30s very athletic, thin legs. She was also trying on boots but having less luck than me. She was tring a suede pair if knee high pull on boots

So there i was, sitting down taking off a pair of knee boots with a tall heel and the lady pauses near me and asks "your boots look great on and you wear them well. I think these ones are too baggy. What do you think?"

i was stunned that my opinion was been sought on womens boots by a women. So i jumped right in. I said i like boots to be firm up the legs and the one she was wearing were way too baggy especially at the top for my liking. I suggested a pair and walked her down to where they were that are leather front and elastic back. (Theyre too tight for me)

I suggested these and she looked at them. They have a block heel about 8cm. She started to say thd heels were too high for her but about 3/4 way i think she realised she was talking to a guy walking in 10cm heels and stopped herself

so she tried them on. They fit her nicely but I don't know if she bought them.

im still just so chuffed that i got asked for my opinion

thought such a positive meeting needed sharing

james

• Like 5

Regards

James

23 minutes ago, OldMountain said:

do a Ponytail!

I wore my natural hair in a ponytail for 30 years, until there was too little to collect.  With the summer coming on I'll probably give it a try.

25 minutes ago, OldMountain said:

These stories from the founding fathers at hhplace.org

Read this as "Old Fart that likes boots" :penitent:

Since my last post I wore the black boots long hair outfit to the Post Office.  The gal behind the counter motioned for me ti step back.  I did and she looked me over, checking out my boots, and gave me a thumbs up. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

TBG,

I suggested you try wedge sandals sometime and you did by a visit to the grocery store. Just a different way of presenting yourself to the world. They are stable (and breathe) as you move about. I like them on you and I'm certain you do now as well. If you travel they are easy to pack and take off/put on whether going through TSA or trying on shoes while shopping. Women love seeing wedges even if they don't wear them. Just like JaffB, you have discovered the beauty of the wedge sandal. Partly as a result of reading YOUR threads I have more boots in my wardrobe though I do not have any thigh-high boots. The boots I have are either ankle or knee and have heels 5-6.5" high both stiletto and chunky types. You get the credit for this acquired taste of boots. A pair of stretchy jeans with a pullover sweater, or peasant top, or large teeshirt and a pair of 5-6" wedge sandals is pure heaven for me. Every time I see a woman with a pair of great wedges I walk right up and compliment her on her shoes regardless of what I may be wearing. A smile and kind words eac time every time. it cost nothing and made me feel good.  I wish I could say I have seen men in wedges but I haven't. It is bound to happen though.

HappyinHeels

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HappyinHeels said:

I suggested you try wedge sandals sometime and you did by a visit to the grocery store.

I kind of thought folks might notice that I wasn't wearing boots. :penitent:

I'll admit to being comfortable with the look, but I did not find the shoes particularly comfortable. My little toe slipped out from under the strap several times, and the height of the platform proved precarious.  I'm starting to realize how comfortable I've become with a 4" heel with no platform.

I think my next trip to the cobbler is going to be to put toe plates on all the OTK boots I've been wearing.  With the wear pattern I put on boots, a toe plate should at least triple their life.

• Like 1

TBG,

Nice outfits except I not to thrilled by the white pants.  They are too baggy for my taste...maybe if you were MC Hammer.  And like HappyinHeels, you got me thinking about OTK.  I love my wedges and get compliments all the time in them. Question: do you get a set of acrylics?  I get my set every 2 weeks (with gel color). 

OldMountain, I love sleeveless turtlenecks, have about 8.

I at one time had hair to low back but now I'm follicly challenged.

Edited by Cali

• 2 weeks later...

Am currently at the San Francisco Pride celebration, on the look out for great boots/heels.    Finally saw a guy wearing wedge sandals, but he was on the other side of the street so could not compliment him.  Tonight, the lines for the clubs were crazy, got into one, stayed for only a few minutes then left the mayhem.  Much more interesting people watching outside.  There was one great looking fellow in line, not trying to look like a woman, but wearing great heels and feminine shorts/top.  I decided I must approach this young man and compliment him.  "You look great" I said, he patted me on the shoulder and thanked me a few times. 

Waiting for the muni underground subway, I was on the platform with two guys wearing nice booties.  I was right next to one fellow, but he seemed unapproachable and all wrapped up in his phone.  The other fellow was tall, wearing nice leggings and booties, and seemed to be with a male friend.  I decided to compliment his boots while I was stepping off the subway, he said thankyou.  

I also spent a little time with a very tall cross dresser with great black boots, I complimented the boots immediately, we were both waiting outside one of the clubs.  We had a nice conversation, which I enjoyed. 

I'm glad I approached these fellows and complimented them, many guys were walking by trying hard to sneak a peek.  I would like to think the fellows appreciated the compliments.   

• Like 2

Who took your picture for you a Krogers? Like the boots and this "hair" looks better than usual. 

At any reasonable distance you look passable, well better than the majority of women anyway.

4 hours ago, Jkrenzer said:

Who took your picture for you a Krogers? Like the boots and this "hair" looks better than usual. 

At any reasonable distance you look passable, well better than the majority of women anyway.

The Kroger's picture was with a timer on the camera sitting on top of the car, which is why the bottom is cut off.  As for being passable, thanks (I think) but that isn't the goal.  I'm really just trying to find something that is (mentally) comfortable.

TBG - I think by passable we mean that you look better than about 50% (or higher) of the female population. You took more time and effort to put your outfit together.

Edited by Cali
  • Like 1

Today started with blue skies and white fluffy clouds and the temperature in the mid 70sF (24C).  I pulled on a short denim skirt, hose, and flats  with a hat and my hair in a pony tail I cut the grass in the front yard.  I came in and changed the flats for OTK boots with 4" stiletto heels and headed out and about with nothing in mind.

GEDC1926.jpg.7505528f6f04c78b94410867cd4586ac.jpg

My first stop was my favorite thrift store where I was greeted warmly when I walked in  and even got a couple of "You look nice" comments.  I wandered around and found a James Patterson book but nothing else exciting.  I have to keep telling myself "You don't need any more clothes" and as nothing was on sale I left with only the book.

The next stop was the Goodwill and was again greeted warmly.  That doesn't normally happen in that store.  I found a couple of skirts on sale along with some books on programming.  These may become door stops but for $1 I was curious about the current state of code writing (I still speak IBM Assembler and Cobol).

The next stop was my second favorite thrift store where I found another CD (compact disk) for the collection.  They also had a huge animal shipping carrier.  I have a friend that needed one so I headed home to call her (I don't carry a cell phone).  She said she could use it so I put on one of my new skirts and headed back to the store.

GEDC1927.jpg.4b87d6b5f147c9e5db2a16a6d553ef58.jpg

It was "interesting" carrying that thing through the store in 4" stiletto heels.

At home I put on a pair of shorts and boots with 4" block heels and headed back out, taking my cat to the vet.  The folks at the vet expect me to be wearing boots but a skirt would be a new thing for them and I wasn't ready to go there yet. 

GEDC1928.jpg.4592c163267538c7e1cdb75c5bef5f6f.jpg

By this time the temperature was in the upper 80sF (30C) and the humidity was climbing so I headed home and fired up the air conditioner.

It has been a fun day.

• Like 3

TBG :   I know the feeling about not needing more clothes. I have the same problem with high heel shoes.

I have over one hundred (100) pair of heels, but I still keep buying them. Must be something wrong with

me, and I like it.   spikesmike

DSCF5250.JPG

• Like 4

The hardest thing is to do is to control yourself and purchases. It's only when you change from a fetish collection to just your normal lifestyle clothing that you control it. While I could easily have well over 100 pairs of shoes, It would take over 3 months to wear all those heels and I wouldn't get to wear my favorite heels much. If you're going to be a fashion diva you can't wear the same heel more than twice a month. So I try to limit my purchases to 4-5 new pairs a year.

What good is a pair of heels if you never get a chance to wear them?

Same thing with other clothing types. Sixty percent of my clothing started out on the women's side of the store, but they are men's clothing now. But you need to control yourself, or buy a bigger house.

Edited by Cali
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Thighbootguy said:

It's really hard when skirts and tops are priced at $3 and then there is a 50% off sale in progress. :penitent:

Nobody said it was easy.

@Thighbootguy Be VERY careful with your posts.I've now had to waste an hour removing and checking this thread, for inappropriate images. Thanks for that, I wont get that time back or be able to "un-see" some of these things. Grrrr. I suggest you re-read over the rules/guidelines.

@spikesmike What in the name of god is wrong with your waist? It looks like you have tried to shape yourself into a muffin? It looks sooo wrong, unnatural and weird!

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Tech : You are rite/right. My waist is queer looking. In the picture above I was wearing a corset. I didn't like the photo when

I reviewed it. So I used it to show the high heels. Some of my other pictures have the same appearance.  I would love to

have the waist I had in my 20's.   Ya get old, ya get fat. and ugly, and slow, etc. etc.    spikesmike

262257_10150216589714584_43754199583_7197960_462323_n.old.jpg

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, spikesmike said:

Tech : You are rite/right. My waist is queer looking. In the picture above I was wearing a corset. I didn't like the photo when

I reviewed it. So I used it to show the high heels. Some of my other pictures have the same appearance.  I would love to

have the waist I had in my 20's.   Ya get old, ya get fat. and ugly, and slow, etc. etc.    spikesmike

262257_10150216589714584_43754199583_7197960_462323_n.old.jpg

Well Spikes, I am in the same stage of life as you.  And, yes, our 20s are only a memory now.  But, you still look great and carry yourself well, with plenty of confidence....

I would be thrilled if I had one quarter of your confidence.  Carry on, and thanks for your encouragement! 

Don

The flipside of being used to going out wearing heels all  the time is that they become the normal. Once normal I feel very under-dressed without a heel, and furthermore there is an expectation (or I perceive one) that I should wear heels. Then I feel awkward in flats & lower heels.

In terms of compliments - I get a lot from both men & women, but I also get a goodly amount of 'don't your feet hurt' themes from women.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, nzfreestyler said:

The flipside of being used to going out wearing heels all  the time is that they become the normal. Once normal I feel very under-dressed without a heel, and furthermore there is an expectation (or I perceive one) that I should wear heels.

I could have said the same thing. Last month I came out of a pedi and could't wear shoes for a while, so I was barefooted. I ran into the office and our admin told me she couldn't remember the last time she saw me without heels.  The expectation is not only 4-6 inch heels but good looking heels

• Like 1