Hey, I like your boots/shoes...

Thighbootguy

1 hour ago, hoborob said:

I agree, the Red does look good. It just needs a Red Blouse and Red Hose to make it complete........:happy::oops:

Yeah, and a red blinky light on my hat and a fire hose under my arm.:penitent:

Red seems to go a long way.  I've gotten more askance looks wearing red than anything else.  I wore this today to go to the pharmacy and the grocery store.

GEDC1451.jpg.cf985e478f3d6af836bc1f7346e68a88.jpg

Several folks at the grocery "noticed" but no one said anything.  A lot of red is not something to wear if you want to blend into the crowd (unless it's this crowd or this one).

:wavey:

Edited by Thighbootguy
second link
  • Like 1

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

15 hours ago, Thighbootguy said:

Yeah, and a red blinky light on my hat and a fire hose under my arm.:penitent:

Red seems to go a long way.  I've gotten more askance looks wearing red than anything else.  I wore this today to go to the pharmacy and the grocery store.

GEDC1451.jpg.cf985e478f3d6af836bc1f7346e68a88.jpg

Several folks at the grocery "noticed" but no one said anything.  A lot of red is not something to wear if you want to blend into the crowd (unless it's this crowd or this one).

Color is the one area of footwear in which I have stayed conservative. I mean, I've never worn thigh highs, but I wear super stiletto-y sandals regularly in the summer, sometimes with shorts. However, everything is black, brown, or tan. I've come a long way, but I'm still not ready for red! Shoes, anyway. Props to you for wearing it!

Well red does seem to evoke comment.  I've mentioned before that a lot of the effort/stress  of freestyling is getting used to seeing yourself wearing something "different".  I'm getting used to wearing red boots.  Today's outfit was not "well planned".  I was wearing jeans and a sweater and it was cold enough for a heavy coat and the choice was black or red boots.  To my surprise the red ones won.

GEDC1453.jpg.71830d6e643eb72502db3fdd06dfce98.jpg

I needed to go to my nail salon but had a banking stop on the way.  I walked into the lobby of the bank and was waiting for a teller to become available when I woman at one of the tellers turned toward me and announced to the bank that , "I sure like your boots".  I thanked her and walked to the teller thht had become available.   After I finished I did notice several heads were turned as I walked out of the bank.

The next stop was the nail salon where those folks are quite used to seeing me wearing anything (jeans, skirts, dresses) with OTH and thigh boots with 4-5" heels.  Nobody even batted an eye.

The last stop was my favorite thrift store where a lady customer commented, "I really like your boots.  I can't wear them anymore".  I thanked her and headed for the checkout where my favorite clerk was there sporting a new hair styling and I complemented her on it and she said, "I really like those red boots".  I told her I was playing tonight and couldn't decide whether to wear them or not.  Without hesitation she said, "Go for it".

I'm still deciding if I should go for this much attention or dial it back just a bit and wear the taupe pair.  In the past I have worn thigh boots with 5" stiletto heels to this venue.

On 3/1/2017 at 6:49 AM, mlroseplant said:

. I mean, I've never worn thigh highs

You really should give a pair a try.  There is nothing like the great feeling and they are available now with a more conservative heel.  Even I admit that thigh high with stiletto heels a re a bit much. :penitent:

• Like 1

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I was busking at the Essex Art Studio's Art walk last night.  I wore this outfit but with a leather coat rather than the vest.

GEDC1377.jpg.f27f52250e4eed3847eb0138514a69c2.jpg

Before I started playing I walked through the studio and got a couple "I like your boots" from passerbys.  I did have on the tallest boots of anyone in the place and I only saw one other pair of heels that matched mine.

I will be busking again tonight and I'm planning on wearing my red boots just to attract a little more attention. :penitent:

An note about busking:

Three souls appeared before St.Peter at the pearly gates.  St.Peter asked the first one, "What is your last annual salary?"  The soul replied, "$200,000 I was a trial lawyer."  St,Peter asked the same question the the second one and he replied,"$90,000 I was a realtor.".  St.Peter asked the third soul the same question.  The answer was $8,000.  St.Peter immediately said, "Cool, what instrument did you play?" :penitent:

• Like 2

I played tonight wearing a black turtleneck, jeans and red OTK boots with 4" block heels.  I lost count of the "I love your boots" comments.

GEDC1461.jpg.81f0304bb9603a3d28459eea60d25260.jpg

The camera prospective makes the guitar look a little bigger that it really is (but not much).

• Like 5

TBG

I have a lot of respect for you. Not only do you wear your heels on public, but preform in them as well. Also, It appears

your not ashamed to show your face, like so many others.

spikesmike

Edited by spikesmike
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, spikesmike said:

Also, It appears your not ashamed to show your face, like so many others.

spikesmike

I agree with you and disagree with you at the same time.  While you have see from my pics I have no problem being in public in a skirt and heels my reason for not showing my face is to save my kids from any questions that someone saw me on the Internet My heels are in plain site in the closet right next to my GF's and my 2 daughters.  They know about it but I don't want to cause them issues with other teenagers. That's the only reason,,,,, kids

• Like 4

3 hours ago, CAT said:

I agree with you and disagree with you at the same time.  While you have see from my pics I have no problem being in public in a skirt and heels my reason for not showing my face is to save my kids from any questions that someone saw me on the Internet My heels are in plain site in the closet right next to my GF's and my 2 daughters.  They know about it but I don't want to cause them issues with other teenagers. That's the only reason,,,,, kids

Sounds like a good Dad to me.....Being a teenager is hard enough, no need to add to it.....

• Like 3

Well, I finally had another "comment" last night while riding up the hotel elevator back to my room after dinner.  I was wearing my cheap black thrift store boots with very pointed toes.  I was riding with two young women, one looked at my boots and said:  "will you look at those shoes, do they hurt?"  I smiled and replied that they did not hurt, even though they did indeed hurt because they were only 9.5s!  I don't think the women saw the 5" stiletto heels, just the very pointed toes.  I wish I knew what they were saying after I got off the elevator!

On 2/7/2017 at 6:59 PM, Thighbootguy said:

I have been out for two days now in full CD mode. 

Yesterday I wore a short gray knit cowl neck dress with black leggings and gray OTK suede boots with 4" block heels and a black bead necklace.  I dressed up to go to the movies and saw Assassins Creed.  The ticket was only $3 but it was a waste of money.  The  best part was going to the theater in a dress and boots.  After the movie, I stopped in my favorite thrift store and got a lot of Ohhs and Ahhs over my outfit.  One customer went so far as to tell me I looked beautiful.  She went on to tell me she was a musician and wore thigh and chap boots when she performed.  I wasn't interested in pursuing the conversation much further, but the complement was nice. 

I'm surprised that no-one has commented on this encounter, so I will.   A (female) fellow musician who wears thigh and chap boots and you weren't interested in pursuing the conversation (or her)?   I would have thought that such a kindred spirit would be worth at least a chat over coffee?

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Puffer said:

I'm surprised that no-one has commented on this encounter, so I will.   A (female) fellow musician who wears thigh and chap boots and you weren't interested in pursuing the conversation (or her)?   I would have thought that such a kindred spirit would be worth at least a chat over coffee?

The thought crossed mind but she was not the type of person I wanted to spend time with (boots or not).

As for showing my face... Everyone I know knows I wear boots and most know I wear skirts (and if they don't they wouldn't be surprised).  I started posting full pictures back in 2007.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thighbootguy said:

As for showing my face... Everyone I know knows I wear boots and most know I wear skirts (and if they don't they wouldn't be surprised).  I started posting full pictures back in 2007.

I have the same type of situation here. Everyone knows I wear heels. I don't wear skirts, but I do wear some awfully short shorts in the summer. I live in a small town, anonymity is not possible, so I don't have a problem showing my face on here.

As far as my kids, I guess they've been lucky. As far as I know, no one has ever given my 17 year old any grief about me. I know his friends certainly don't care, and perhaps they admire me a bit. The 8 year old--too soon to tell, but with his personality, if someone ever did say something, he'd give it to them right back. 

• Like 2

The temperature was 70F (21C) with bright sunshine and I decided to go for a drive.  Ky 8 runs along the Ohio river and I headed west until it ended about a mile past "No Outlet" at the "Beware of Dog" sign at which point I turned around and headed back to civilization.  I wound up on roads I hadn't driven in years and eventually at my two favorite thrift stores.

For the trip I wore a white top with a blue scarf, a denim skirt, and black OTK open lace boots with 4" stiletto heels.  The pointed toe make these boots a little uncomfortable but the look is worth it.  For some reason these boots still give me pause when getting out of the car.

GEDC1467.jpg.ef607be619bfd79c74a3a872fb6cd102.jpg

At the first thrift store a elderly lady with a cane was coming out and she stopped and looked at me.  I gave her a smile and she said, "Those are nice boots".  I wasn't expecting that all but I thanked her and headed into the store.  The lady at the register commented, "I don't know where you find your boots, but I couldn't walk in them".  I laughed with her and commented that they really are outrageous.

At the second stop (my favorite thrift store), one of the ladies was straightening up clothes in one of the racks (same lady that said I should go for the red skirt).  I asked her what she had that would go with these boots.  She laughed and said they looked nice especially with the skirt (see why I like this store?).

I took the picture out in the parking lot.

By the way the temperature today will be in the low 30'sF (-1C) and tomorrow is expected to be 15F(-9C).:penitent:

• Like 1

I went to Sam's to get new wiper blades for my car and a few other items in the store.  I wore a long black turtleneck  with a wide belt, a quilted vest, and black fabric OTK boots with a 4" block heel.

GEDC1471.jpg.ec5be3aa27c19fbcc5dcc1b560d2a01b.jpg

As I started walking through the store one of the managers walked past me and declared in a noticeably loud voice, "Oh I like those boots".  A few heads turned.    I found my items and noticed a new display of dresses.  The dresses looked like long denim shirts and were displayed worn with leggings.  I took one off the rack and held it up against me to check the length and decided to get it.

GEDC1473.jpg.8914b134192b293600b6bec933b83917.jpg

After I had the wiper blades installed (installation was included in the price) I headed for my favorite thrift store.   When I walked in one of the customers said, "You should have worn shorts yesterday".  She was right as the temperature yesterday was 70F and today it was 40F (4C) but she must have also seen me yesterday to know that I hadn't been wearing shorts.  Anyway, I saw a knit dress on a mannequin that I liked and asked about it.  The clerk at the register told me to  just go get the dress so I headed back and undressed the mannequin.  There is a first time for everything. :penitent:

GEDC1472.jpg.814702d3f479cf132b343018617d3445.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mlroseplant said:

The sudden cold weather has already reached us with a snowstorm approaching. Naturally, there are two new pairs of....sandals.... waiting for me at home. 

I suspect Iowa's weather is similar to Cincinnati's.  If you don't like the weather, just wait a day or two.

CAT

I understand the reason for not showing ones face or profile. Children can be cruel at times.

Today for the first time, I met a woman at Meijer's who had seen me in the grocery store on other occasions. Today she approached me because

I was wearing high heels that were yellow or mustard color. She said she had only noticed me wearing black heels be for. Our conversation

gravitated toward her nine (9) year old son. It seams the boy enjoys getting dressed up. I suggested she take her son to a shoe store for a pair

of high heels. My though is to let her son  experience the experience. QUESTION to all. Should I not have suggested this kind of idea. From his mothers

remarks the boy is a happy fella with his interest in dressing up.   Comments and suggestions please.

spikesmike

• Like 3

2 hours ago, spikesmike said:

It seams the boy enjoys getting dressed up. I suggested she take her son to a shoe store for a pair

of high heels. My though is to let her son  experience the experience.

That was a most interesting suggestion you offered the woman and one that never would have occurred to me.  I think I would have suggested letting her son enjoy himself and explore expressing himself.

Spikesmike, you and I grew up in a much different time than today.  I was trying to imagine what it would have been like if any of my friends, at nine years old, had found out my mother had bought me a pair of heels.  I do hope that kid is in a much more tolerant environment than the one in which we grew up.  The fact that his mother knows he likes to dress up probably verifies it.

• Like 1

I think it is fine to make a suggestion such as that based on the nature of the interaction. You are not telling her how to parent simply making a suggestion about clothing and maybe gender expression, which for his generation is going to be much more fluid than the previous one. Sometimes those types of conversations are just a way to find commonality and make small talk, something us humans need for socialization.

Some years ago i was buying underwear at a store like Aerie and it was pretty quiet there. One of the women sales assistants at checkout said to me " my son likes to run around in my bras, so i am expecting that he will start doing the same with panties any time now " i replied well he is a risk taker and pretty independent it sounds like to which she replied " yeah that one is our child that marches to the tune of his own band" and "that is pretty cool, i like that he wants this stuff" Simple interaction with positive commonality.

Bye the way i saw a young trans or gender fluid person the other day and i said to him/her " love those boots" and he/she smiled from ear to ear. Make peoples days it is so worth it.

• 2 weeks later...

I went to a community jam session last night wearing a turtleneck, jeans and black OTK boots with 4" block heels.

GEDC1351.jpg.22004b38811babc03885a3f537dda5a1.jpg These boots in black.

These folks see me in boots every month so no one even seemed to notice.  I did a solo open mike, standing in front of the group, and performed a set with several friends.  I had folks tell me they liked my music form the open mike, and they liked my cello (which wasn't that good but it was different).  Folks commented that they liked my guitar and at the end of the evening three fiddle players gathered around and I played cello (bluegrass gospel string quartet :penitent:), but no one said a word about my boots. Although it's nice to get a "nice boots" complement, it's also nice to go out and have the world (small world) accept you.

I had a great time.

Edited by Thighbootguy
corrected the sole/solo typo
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Thighbootguy said:

I went to a community jam session last night wearing a turtleneck, jeans and black OTK boots with 4" block heels.

GEDC1351.jpg.22004b38811babc03885a3f537dda5a1.jpg These boots in black.

These folks see me in boots every month so no one even seemed to notice.  I did a sole open mike, standing in front of the group, and performed a set with several friends.  I had folks tell me they liked my music form the open mike, and they liked my cello (which wasn't that good but it was different).  Folks commented that they liked my guitar and at the end of the evening three fiddle players gathered around and I played cello (bluegrass gospel string quartet :penitent:), but no one said a word about my boots. Although it's nice to get a "nice boots" complement, it's also nice to go out and have the world (small world) accept you.

I had a great time.

Looking great in boots and jeans, glad you had a nice time

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 2:14 PM, robbiehhw said:

I think it is fine to make a suggestion such as that based on the nature of the interaction. You are not telling her how to parent simply making a suggestion about clothing and maybe gender expression, which for his generation is going to be much more fluid than the previous one. Sometimes those types of conversations are just a way to find commonality and make small talk, something us humans need for socialization.

Some years ago i was buying underwear at a store like Aerie and it was pretty quiet there. One of the women sales assistants at checkout said to me " my son likes to run around in my bras, so i am expecting that he will start doing the same with panties any time now " i replied well he is a risk taker and pretty independent it sounds like to which she replied " yeah that one is our child that marches to the tune of his own band" and "that is pretty cool, i like that he wants this stuff" Simple interaction with positive commonality.

Bye the way i saw a young trans or gender fluid person the other day and i said to him/her " love those boots" and he/she smiled from ear to ear. Make peoples days it is so worth it.

So true!

With nothing better to do (retired), I decided to get dressed and go shopping.  I have a new black dress with a cowl neck I hadn't worn before and decided to give it a try.  This dress is a knit of 61% silk,17% nylon,14% angora rabbit fur, 5% polyester and 3% metallic.  It is a size medium which means it is a tight (and short) fit.  I added the belt for looks and to keep the dress stretched down to a decent length.  I paired it with black leggings and ankle boots but decided with a dress this nice I needed my best looking boots so I pulled on a pair of black OTK faux suede  with 4" stiletto heels and that (in my humble opinion) completed the outfit.  I added a gold bar necklace, took a deep breathe, and headed out the door.

GEDC1495.jpg.90a9b06c3dc5faeff786039f9949eeac.jpg

I thought this looked fancy enough to try adding gloves

GEDC1496.jpg.9592e8383f5759c870e7dc5145944dc9.jpg 

and maybe, with a wrap this would work, but not for the venues to which I was heading so I left the gloves at home.

I walked into my favorite thrift store and got some "Hi"s and appreciative nods and smiles from the folks at the register.  I wandered around and spotter a Keurig coffee maker for $8.  I have always wanted to try that system but have been unwilling to make the initial investment.  I also saw a pair of white jeans in a size 12 that I immediately thought would look good with OTK boots and especially the ones I was wearing.

I took my finds to the register and suggested that I thought the white jeans would look good with the boots I was wearing and got an "Oh yeah, that will work" and then she continued, "We're going to have to take fashion lessons from you.  You always look so good when you come in."  I thanked her for the complement and headed out to my car.

I also stopped at my least favorite thrift store and tried three pair of boots that alas were too small but I did find a white dress with black trim that looks like it is from the 60s and only needs a pair of go-go boots (mine have long since vanished) to complete the image, but I think it will work with my red OTK boots (pictures later).  The last stop was Kroger (grocery) for some frozen yogurt and some Keurig coffee.

When I got home I brewed a cup of coffee and I now understand why folks like it.  It is strong enough to make hair grow on the bottom of your feet, but it sure is good.

I pulled on the new jeans and my boots for a picture.

GEDC1497.jpg.070b3ae9395c7e91c0865fbce336cdb4.jpg

The jeans are tight enough to almost make @w6ish happy and there is some fancy stitching on the hip pockets

GEDC1499.jpg.c6b795bfb2ef29ceda4527b1f3ac8e9b.jpg

that would get me laughed off @mlroseplant's job site.:penitent:

All in all it was a fun outing.

Edited by Thighbootguy
  • Like 5