Professional Pedicure

curiousheels

Nice looking designs on your big toes, Cali. I get color all the time on my toes. Mostly red and hot pink. This winter I wore a dark maroon color. I like showing off a nice pedi, wearing sandals or peep toe pumps. The salon I go to has several men that get color on their toes, but I never been there at the same time that they were getting their pedi's. I love the pedi experience and have no problem sitting next to  a woman, who's also getting a pedi. I will always make small talk with the ladies. I one saw a guy with a purple color on his toes and another with a black pedi. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to talk to either one.

So bottom line guys, don't be afraid to get yourself, pampered with a nice pedi. If your shy about color, just have a clear coat applied.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 1

I'm in wedge/sandals or open toe heels all the time so I need to have my nails looking good all the time.

There is nothing sexy about nasty looking feet, so take care of your feet.

• Like 2

Amen Cali. I am so with you one that. I think it has been four years since I had no color on my toes. My wife even told me she loves how I take good care of my feet. I bought a foot spa and foot file so I can save some money, so if anyone is afraid of being in public this is a good alternative.

• 3 weeks later...

@hernaezjames. I know your post is from a few months ago but i just saw this thread.  Anyway, have to say i am envious, you really have very nice looking feet.  I try to take good care of my feet, with toenails painted, etc... but my feet will never look like yours.

If you are going to wear sandals, you feet should look nice - goes for both guys AND gals.....   Have fun all...   sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Logjam,

I like your phoenix tattoo on the ankle. I don't recall seeing another member with an ankle tattoo visible in a post. Must look awesome when you have heels on.

Cali,

I follow what you said about diabetes. My brother-in-law in Mexicali lost a toe in 2015 to diabetes and my wife has type 2 diabetes which she has to monitor. It would seem my family's outstanding health, there are three centenarians and 15 over the age of 90 on father's and mother's side of family, is counterbalanced by medical issues sprinkled around my wife's family.  My father and eleven of his siblings are over 84 so I planned very long term financially. I shall stick to drinking coffee, the daily beer, and eating non-GMO foods whenever possible. ;-)  HappyinHeels

• Like 1

21 hours ago, HappyinHeels said:

Logjam,

I like your phoenix tattoo on the ankle. I don't recall seeing another member with an ankle tattoo visible in a post. Must look awesome when you have heels on.

Cali,

I follow what you said about diabetes. My brother-in-law in Mexicali lost a toe in 2015 to diabetes and my wife has type 2 diabetes which she has to monitor. It would seem my family's outstanding health, there are three centenarians and 15 over the age of 90 on father's and mother's side of family, is counterbalanced by medical issues sprinkled around my wife's family.  My father and eleven of his siblings are over 84 so I planned very long term financially. I shall stick to drinking coffee, the daily beer, and eating non-GMO foods whenever possible. ;-)  HappyinHeels

Thanks, HiH, for the compliment on my tattoo. I’m very fond of my tattoo as it has great significance for me. Plus, I really enjoy wearing the artwork and color! And I have several photos of the tattoo with heels over in the “best men’s legs...” thread.

Logjam

Edited by Logjam

• 1 year later...

Last week the wife and I went to Vegas, we felt "fancy" and got pedicures at Caesars Spa.  Nice place.  Was a bit pricy but worth it.  The technicians are true professionals, and they did a wonderful job to prove it.  The gals were friendly, engaging and took their profession seriously.  Everything was done to perfection, trimming, cuticles, polishing, painting, all with great attention to detail.  Our toes were polished and painted so perfectly that they look like glistening little diamonds!  I even had them finish mine with a "neutral" color that looks great.  The pedicure took a bit more than and hour and even included mimosas.  Nice...  

I have had pedicures at shops locally and they do a nice job, but the Caesars Spa pedicure was 1,000% mo bettah.  If you are wearing sandals, your feet should look nice.  The two of us have joked that we have the shiniest toes in SoCal... 

Have fun all....   sf

• Like 2

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

I have backed off on pedicures in the winter, getting one very 3-4 weeks. Mine seem to last that long without getting chipped. Currently they are white with dots of color like Xmas lights. 

I also have a manicure with gel art every two weeks, currently black with a midnight blue glitter/sparkle ombre at the cuticle. The reason I mention this is the up turn in the number of men that have made positive comments on my nails. It use to be 19:1 ratio (5%) on women to men now its closer to 3:1 ratio (25%). To me that indicates that more men would like to do it.

Edited by Cali

20 hours ago, Cali said:

I have backed off on pedicures in the winter, getting one very 3-4 weeks. Mine seem to last that long without getting chipped. Currently they are white with dots of color like Xmas lights. 

I also have a manicure with gel art every two weeks, currently black with a midnight blue glitter/sparkle ombre at the cuticle. The reason I mention this is the up turn in the number of men that have made positive comments on my nails. It use to be 19:1 ratio (5%) on women to men now its closer to 3:1 ratio (25%). To me that indicates that more men would like to do it.

Hi Cali, how often do you get pedis in the other seasons? Are are you changing more often because the pedi is worn, or to wear a different color or combo? Just curious - I can generally get at least a month on a pedi without chipping or wearing off (I do still wear socks and shoes fairly often, even in the summer.)

My hands are done with clear jel 100% of the time. That’s more for protection than for the look. My nails seem to break or split easily, and I engage in a lot of “manual labor” type activities.

Taking steps to protect my nails was the genesis of my manis/pedis, I later discovered that I liked the notion and look of color.

On 1/12/2020 at 7:21 AM, Logjam said:

Hi Cali, how often do you get pedis in the other seasons? Are are you changing more often because the pedi is worn, or to wear a different color or combo? Just curious - I can generally get at least a month on a pedi without chipping or wearing off (I do still wear socks and shoes fairly often, even in the summer.)

My hands are done with clear jel 100% of the time. That’s more for protection than for the look. My nails seem to break or split easily, and I engage in a lot of “manual labor” type activities.

Taking steps to protect my nails was the genesis of my manis/pedis, I later discovered that I liked the notion and look of color.

I started pedicures when my thumb was damaged, now after several surgery I can't cut my toenails or hold a file long enough to do it that way...hence pedicures. I have only 10 - 15% of the power in my thumb now.

I was doing pedicures every two weeks for years. But I had an ingrown big toe nail that I stubbed and had to get it take care of. It took much longer to heal, should have done it earlier, but that's hindsight.  That  stopped  my regular pedicures  for awhile. Then I drop some wood on my toe and I had to have a redone on the ingrown toe nail...another break in my routine. Since then I had been busy with other things so I got out of the habit(?). My last one was about a month ago (white with "Christmas Lights" dots of different color). I need one NOW. I started with clear, but once I started to wear sandals it went to OPI's Kyoto Pearl. Now it anything from zebra stripes to ... 

Manicures started when I had a nail split from the cuticle to the tip. after trying things for 6 months, it was suggested I get an acrylic cover for it. It will NEVER heal. Then I had another nail delaminate .. another acrylic.  Finally I got tired of two nails looking so different from the others, so I started to get color on all. Gel because you have to get gel over acrylic. 

Some people have tattoos for body art, I have 20 small changeable pieces of body art.  

Edited by Cali
  • Like 1

Just a comment re gel over acrylic. I also had problems with severe splitting of nails, and found that the powder acrylic treatment solved the problem perfectly. However, I also discovered that I had a nasty allergy to gel finishes of any kind. So for several years now I've been getting acrylics with fills every three weeks or so, and I have the manicure shop apply two or three coats of regular polish over the acrylic nail, either clear or neutral color. Works perfectly well. It lasts until the next fill when it has to be removed anyway.   

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Himark said:

Just a comment re gel over acrylic. I also had problems with severe splitting of nails, and found that the powder acrylic treatment solved the problem perfectly. However, I also discovered that I had a nasty allergy to gel finishes of any kind. So for several years now I've been getting acrylics with fills every three weeks or so, and I have the manicure shop apply two or three coats of regular polish over the acrylic nail, either clear or neutral color. Works perfectly well. It lasts until the next fill when it has to be removed anyway.   

I do my fills every two weeks (tomorrow in fact).  The conversations I hear are priceless.  I think I did clear for 2-3 years then sparkles and now exquisite art pieces. It's getting harder and harder to come up with a new design every two weeks, but it is expect of me now. It's like shoes, if I not in heels I get questioned "what's wrong". 

It interesting when you change people's expectations.

Edited by Cali