Heel or Toe

Spareheels

Regarding wearing your heels in public, Which are you most concerned drawing attention to your feet and being identified as a heel wearer.   Is it the heel or the toe design?

For me it's the toe design as I like fem looking footwear and it seems counter productive to wear blocky style toe designs.  The heel, and I prefer stillito style, does not concern me as much as the feature that folks will see.   

Of course, a third concern would be shoes that display lots of skin, vs being enclosed.  A concern of mine, but black nylons with my black shoes eliminates my concerns.

thoughts?

Interesting thoughts. I guess for me I tend to focus more on the heels, but the whole design of the shoe is important, too. 

First of all, the height of the heel is is important to me. Nowadays, I simply don't buy anything under 12 cm, or about 4 3/4". Anything lower just doesn't look right to me. The majority of my shoes are in the 12 to 13 cm range, with a few 14 cm heels thrown in for good measure.

If money and convenience were no object, I'd probably wear stilettos most of the time, but the doggoned heel tips, or top lifts, as cobblers in this country call them, wear out so quickly. Therefore, I usually choose slightly thicker heels for doing any serious walking. They last several times longer. 

The toe of the shoe is not unimportant to me. I do not very pointy toes, nor do l like square toes. Almond shaped toes look best to me, both in shoes and sandals. Round toes are ok too. 

• Like 1

What is the part of the shoe/boot which would I be concerned about drawing attention to? The toe is not an issue at all, have many in various styles, heel type, I have several of block heel, several of wedge heel and fewer of stilletto heels, just need to find right ones thou. So heel would the item I see as a drawing  feature. However saying that, wearing a pair of thigh boots, it would the shaft height as the major drawing card for attention!

nobody would really care about what you wear in public. because everyone is to preoccupied with their own things. many of these things are in are minds. and many of us let that part of are minds win. so wear what you really like.

• 1 month later...

@Spareheels, you are asking what do you think people will notice when you are wearing heels? The toe or heel?  I am in that same boat, I keep thinking that I need to get more of a rounded toe shoe so it looks more like a mens shoe and doesnt alert everyone that I am wearing heels. I too like wearing a stiletto heel and I dont think that a lot of people see it as it is mostly covered by my long pants. Its the patent leather pointed toe that I think is a give away that I am wearing a womens shoe. Do you agree. I think the skin that you show on your shoe is a dead give away also i think wearing something black to hide that is a big help but it just is not the same feeling for me. I have to wear heels barefoot, I love that feeling.

So I guess my answer is the toe design and the skin that shows with the low cut shoes and toe cleveage.

Glad to hear you prefer stilettos!!! It is such a great feeling!!

IMG_20160806_213829285.jpg

IMG_20160930_171006254 (1).jpg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, swedeheeler said:

I can spot a pair of heels by just take a quick peek down. Doesn't even matter if the shoes is hid by long flared trousers. No one is safe around me :lol: To be honest. I have many loose bolts and nuts in my crippled brain ;)

I've been listening for years and then looking, probably why I'm so paranoid others will notice. After a while you know what to expect just from the sound, especially those kitten heels which aren't worth the time to take a glance.

Great discussion.  But one thing I have learned from this group is that if they are on my feet, they are men's shoes. 

@subtle I agree just because there is a heel does not make it a heel.  Needs to have some clear definition.  But, we all have different tastes.  Guess that's why shoe stores are so big.  

• Like 1

I have a couple pairs of boots that are super loud - - That's what catches peoples attention. If I'm the only guy in the hotel lobby, and I'm making noise, it's an automatic flag for the desk help. I also have a pair of JLo spike heeled platform boots, and they don't gather much attention at all.

I tend to stay away from patent leather and pointy toes for multiple reasons. I do have open toe varieties, but again, the heel noise seems to be the obvious initial attractor.