President Trump! Say it ain't so!

I have just stepped off the plane from Australia and see that the world has taken a very dark turn while I was sleeping, or trying to sleep, at 39,000 feet. I am staggered to see that Donald Trump is to be the next US President. I keep reading and rereading the news thinking I must have missed something. This has to be the most startling bit of politics farce since Caligula 'elected' his horse Incitatus to the Roman senate. At least the ancient Romans got the whole horse; the Americans got only the back end...

But then again, I live thousands of miles away and am an outsider looking in...

Edited by Shyheels
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, SF said:

Opinions are like rear ends, everyone has one......

True, SF and of course I am speaking from thousands of miles away and not from any position if knowing what things are like living in the US. In many ways it is nice to see grassroots voters give the establishment a poke in the eye as they have done today. Their very real concerns were ignored en masse and for far too long, and so it must be immensely warming to see the elites and politicians get their parades rained on and their assumptions shattered for once. 

Edited by Shyheels

Overhere it seems odd to vote for a guy who has quite different values on women etc. As correcty put we do not have clue what is happening.

@Shyheels in your country nobody expected that a Brexit would happen. All polls were indicating other results. In the US Sec. clinton had better results in the Polls too. In the end we know the result of the voting.

In my country we have a blond guy running a party like a dictator, he gets most of the people to vote vor him. Our elections are march 2017.

All these are signs of people not trusting politics anymore. A loud enough signal.

small or big doesn't matter, wear your heels proud .... that is!

One wonders who on earth would pay a polling company to take a poll anymore. They seem utterly worthless. Of course, polling is an imprecise 'science' but one would think that given the sheer number of polls, and by established and expensive polling firms/experts, that one would at least get something within cooee of reality instead of virtually all of them being dead wrong. Statistically speaking a blind guess would get you the correct answer more often than these scientifically conducted polls. Trump didn't just defeat Clinton, he won in a canter, easily, taking a good many states that polls said were certain to be Clintons - just as he said he would. The man's crazy, like a fox.

23 minutes ago, CAT said:

The working class like me came out in masses. There tired of the bull....  The best thing trump said was you had 30 years to change it. Why didn't you? 

I doubt very much that very many of the working class came out dressed like you!

Tired of the bull...totally understand that. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Shyheels said:

I have just stepped off the plane from Australia and see that the world has taken a very dark turn while I was sleeping, or trying to sleep, at 39,000 feet. I am staggered to see that Donald Trump is to be the next US President. I keep reading and rereading the news thinking I must have missed something. This has to be the most startling bit of politics farce since Caligula 'elected' his horse Incitatus to the Roman senate. At least the ancient Romans got the whole horse; the Americans got only the back end...

But then again, I live thousands of miles away and am an outsider looking in...

I've often wondered why anyone from any other country would be so concerned about events happening in any country but theirs?  Perhaps if their country had something that mattered to the rest of the world, they would not spend so much of their energy being critical of anyone else's.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

With my apologies to 'Nellie the Elephant' for plagiarism:

Hill’ry the Candidate packed her trunk

And said goodbye to the voters

Off she went - with a new President:

Trump, Trump, Trump.

1 hour ago, Bubba136 said:

I've often wondered why anyone from any other country would be so concerned about events happening in any country but theirs?  Perhaps if their country had something that mattered to the rest of the world, they would not spend so much of their energy being critical of anyone else's.

Interesting viewpoint...

3 hours ago, Bubba136 said:

In all fairness the US is a superpower with the biggest deployable military in the world. Whatever it wants to do impacts the rest of the world. For better or for worse. We're still reaping the fallout of Dubya's desire to finish what his daddy had started. The whole Middle East, which sits next to Europe, not the US, is still utterly destabilized because of that. A million socalled refugees have walked to Europe and we will still be reaping that fallout in Europe, in demographic changes, in possible failed integration in our societies, for decades to come. So yeah, whoever the US electorate elects, we will be interested, we will be concerned and we will probably express how we feel about that. . 

• Like 2

People may be concerned about a country that they are citizen of but not currently resident in.  The US want us to buy into them being Number One Country but don't want us to have an opinion when they elect a plainly unhinged and insane megalomaniac as president.  Mr Putin was smiling today, and China can say, 'See what you get with democracy?'  The US has given the World Ronald Reagan, Dan Quayle as veep, George Dubya Bush, Nixon and LBJ.  What point are you trying to make?  Enough already.

I'm a Proudhonist and today's result confirms me  in that.

For the record, I voted third party. I found both of our major candidates lacking in more ways than one, but that's my opinion.

How did this happen you say - - - I can give you an idea. I work with a lot of the so called deplorables. The ones who have lost jobs to outsourcing. The ones who saw the middle class disappear, the ones who are tired of paying taxes and watching those that don't work get the free stuff. They see health care increase faster than their hourly wage. They watch as the Chinese import cheap steel and lose work because our steel mills go under.

Along comes a guy who speaks at their level, talks like he's a local, acts like them, and thinks like them. Wants to eliminate illegal aliens who take jobs at lower wages, doesn't want to take in Syrian refugee's or any middle east refugee's because of the fear of Islam, and terrorist. Gut NAFTA, and the TPP.

- - you get the picture.

This election was not so much about policy, but more about the blue collar people telling the establishment to piss up a rope. Hillary was the establishment who could get away with anything. The American people have been angry for years, and it's been getting worse. This was a bit of pressure release.

The main stream media predicted Hillary to win by a whopping 98%. Along comes a loud mouthed business man who takes the crown away from the pre-ordained queen and smashes it in front of the liberals.

Will this affect the rest of the world - - Oh hell yes.

Will this end well - - I hope so.

Done ranting.

• Like 3

you are forgetting that he is not there to line his own pockets like all the politicians so. They are all there for themselves.  He's not there to get rich he already has money.  The working middle class has finally said enough is enough   

4 hours ago, CAT said:

you are forgetting that he is not there to line his own pockets like all the politicians so. They are all there for themselves.  He's not there to get rich he already has money.  The working middle class has finally said enough is enough   

That is something I genuinely do believe about Trump: that he's not doing all this to line his pockets. The president's $400K salary would be chump change to him.

Edited by Shyheels

MMMMM , trying not to discuss politics because that will set people off pretty quick  . Recently I said I would try not to post anything on here and have managed fairly well  ...so far . I voted Trump . Americans have had enough garbage with the last 8 years  of Obama not wanting to work with his House and Senate and vice versa . Frankly , in my opinion America needs to bring the troops home ( promised from first Obama platform ) meanwhile my nephew has been sent into harms way 3 times . Why would America want to go back to British rule ?  Just sounds like sour grapes to me . America needs to clean up it's own back yard and stop being the worlds police . Our national dept is running around $ 168,000 USD  give or take for a taxpaying citizen and Iraq and Afghanistan costs in the trillions .  In other words my children and grand children will be paying off our dept . Just out of curiosity why is it so scary the US has elected a Republican for PotUS ?  Megan , Americans do have the right to vote absentee ballots .... my nephew voted absentee .  Seems a few years back Americans were thinking Margret Thatcher was crazy , however ,  you all made it through as we will . I think we all need to give the man a chance and see how it goes , if well , he will be re-elected in 4 years if not we can vote him out . The Clinton's have dishonored the United States and given away countless jobs and both have lied under oath . This is not the American way . Rant over sorry in advance if I have offended anyone . Respectfully MIP

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, maninpumps said:

Why would America want to go back to British rule ?  Just sounds like sour grapes to me .

I think somebody has failed to spot the joke. We'll even include some tea in the deal:fine:

• Like 1

All,

Figured I'd see something on the election and was right. You should check out what Michael Moore said about this. He called a Trump win. Sometimes he may seem like a spokesperson for the Democrats but really he seems to be a spokesperson for the forgotten or underprivileged or just all those who feel nobody is listening to them. He's done some dubious quality stuff but more often it is very thought-provoking stuff. 

Both parties have ignored pressing needs in the US for some time while special interests have gotten all the attention. The country is now overun with people who would rather sit back while others pay the bills and do the work. Media outlets conveniently sling the word "mysogynist" to describe the new President-elect yet I never seemed to hear this word used to describe the Bill Clinton years.

Millions of Americans feeling forgotten by their government, under siege by Islamic terrorism and unsupported by inept European nations who can't understand nor accept a certain reality on their own doorstep, have watched their jobs move overseas, watched Hollywood elites mock their faith, watched unions degrade their schools, and watched a media make excuses for awful liberal and corrupt government and they fought back the only way they knew how. All the bloated payrolls of pollsters, pundits, and activists masquerading as journalists didn't see the tidal wave coming because they live in coastal urban bubbles and not out here in the republic where the work gets done. Trump represented a different tune from the globalist message of nonsense. It is not too much to ask that an American president pay more attention to American issues than other issues. Doesn't it make sense that a British PM put the needs of Britain ahead of the EU and all other nations???  But many people feel just the opposite has occurred so the pendulum has swung the other way. Fair and well-documented elections.   Even Hilary Clinton graciously accepted the outcome but certain idle activists and journalists can't seem to accept it. I agree with the sentiment the US doesn't have to be #1 or has to be the world's policeman. we don't have the money to do it anymore. But other countries better step in and get their head out of their collective rear ends. Elected leaders have to pay attention to what is going on lest they lose the permission of those they govern.

I can remember in 2000 people like Alec Baldwin and Susan Sarandon said they would leave the USA if GW Bush were elected to the White House. He was and neither movie star made even the slightest step toward the nearest airport. Typical hypocrisy. We were all told the economy would crash and the stock market would plunge of Trump were elected. He was and the stock market closed up 250 points yesterday. I guess out apparently state-run liberal media lied once again or they are just plain lousy journalists. Probably both. Any notion to paint Trump voters as all white and poorly educated will also run afoul of the truth. I am white and Native American. I have attended some college but have no degree yet speak 5 languages and have visited 34 countries. I support the right to own guns as much as I support the right for straight and gay couples to marry. I cannot and will not be pigeon-holed. I cannot stand anyone who lies to my face regardless of their perceived education level or political affiliation.

It is not too much to ask that tax dollars be spent at home, that public administrators govern fairly and timely. People want equality before the law not special equality. I am personally disgusted by people who would try to pick and choose what I say yet turn the other cheek when certain rappers spew vile language which routinely refers to women as whores. Sooner or later double standards will be exposed and those who defend them will be stripped of their power and reputation. You are either a servant of the people or you are not. You either have the backs of your countrymen and women or you do not.

Anyone who thinks Trump's victory will change women's rights, or LGBT rights, or anything like that has been smoking some nasty weed. These issues are engendered in legislation from Congress and case law from Supreme Court decisions. Period. It is the list of public issue priorities and our interaction with the world which will change. I believe the difference is this new guy isn't going to take any crap from terrorists, or global elites, or the corrupt media. If the new president doesn't prove effective the pendulum will swing the other way and we, the governed, will say "you're fired".      HappyinHeels

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Shyheels said:

That is something I genuinely do believe about Trump: that he's not doing all this to line his pockets. The president's $400K salary would be chump change to him.

Just reported by a news writer that Mr. Trump said that he wouldn't accept his salary while serving in office.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

12 minutes ago, Bubba136 said:

Just reported by a news writer that Mr. Trump said that he wouldn't accept his salary while serving in office.

5 minutes ago, CAT said:

I think by law he must take the salary.  

US Constitution

Article. II. - The Executive Branch
Section 1 - The President

The President shall, at stated Times, receive for his Services, a Compensation, which
shall neither be increased nor diminished during the Period for which he shall have been
elected, and he shall not receive within that Period any other Emolument from the United
States, or any of them.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

1 hour ago, Thighbootguy said:

US Constitution

Article. II. - The Executive Branch
Section 1 - The President

The President shall, at stated Times, receive for his Services, a Compensation, which
shall neither be increased nor diminished during the Period for which he shall have been
elected, and he shall not receive within that Period any other Emolument from the United
States, or any of them.

Doesn't mean he has to cash the check. Maybe he will do something else with it.

Hi "TO DO" list is way to big to be worrying about the mere stipend. 

CAT,

Thanks a lot. I'm just a regular guy (who loves my heels) who uses my 5 senses to really see and hear what is going on. Sometimes it is a challenge to cut through the fog of sore-losers and misinformation to get to it but the truth is always there if only we have the tenacity to find it. HappyinHeels

• Like 1

17 hours ago, CAT said:

I think by law he must take the salary.  

What they do is donate the salary to charity. Trump would not be the first rich man by any means not to accept payment for working in office. I don't believe Arnold Schwarzenegger accepted any salary for serving as governor of California, for example.

Looking at the election results , strictly from a high heelers point of view... I would say the heels won . You know most of the voters came out because they would rather see a first lady who can rock heels as well as anyone , then look a president in pantsuits and clunky low heel pumps, and a first spouse in penny loafers

• Like 1

Be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it....oh!

Spot on! And they even elected a heel to be president! :-)

Mind you, they could have had a heel as First Gentleman (!?) had the vote gone the other way. Either way, a heel in the White House

Edited by Shyheels