Election Day in U.S.A.

Thighbootguy

On 11/12/2016 at 8:44 AM, Thighbootguy said:

@kneehighs picked up on my real concern that a guy in heels may now be more of a target for ridicule than before and that we should exercise more caution in our public presentations.  Fortunately, in my small part of the world, I have not seen increased hostility but I am concerned since some people take their behavioral queues from their leaders.  Intended or not, some folks have interpreted these queues as permission to express intolerance for races, nationalities, and religions  differing from their own.  My concern is that this intolerance will be extended to people that dress differently from the perceived norm.

I am hopeful that, with luck and reflection, the currently fanned flames of intolerance will die down.

Rather than being the meanest S.O.B. in heels, I suggest we just be more aware of the valleys in which we walk. 

Yup, be proactively alert.  More now, than before the President Elect.  The laws against LGBT (in our case freestylers) may not change.  But that doesn't mean people won't break the law as negativity towards them has increased and probably will continue to do so, regardless of the laws.  

Edited by kneehighs

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

2 hours ago, kneehighs said:

Yup, be proactively alert.  More now, than before the President Elect.  The laws against LGBT (in our case freestylers) may not change.  But that doesn't mean people won't break the law as negativity towards them has increased and probably will continue to do so, regardless of the laws.  

In my neck of the woods, I just don't foresee it making any difference whatever as far as my heel wearing. The outcome of the election really didn't change who the people of Iowa are. As a good friend of mine from Florida once said, "Iowans are just too polite to say anything, even if they hate your look." Largely, that is true.

• Like 1