Election Day in U.S.A.

Thighbootguy

I'm not interested for whom you voted only that you did vote and that now you have the creds to complain about the results (in some other forum).  I took the opportunity of this public outing to go heeling in OTK boots with 4" block heels.  I voted around 6:30 A.M. and there were already folks ahead of me and more folks arriving.  No one seemed to notice my heels.

GEDC1075.jpg  GEDC1092.jpg

My polling place is on a hill that overlooks the city and has a nice view to the east.  The sun put on a show this morning and I stood around outside,in heels, and waited for it.

GEDC1090.jpg

I may be a political junky but tonight I get to break out the beer and popcorn and watch the election results (Almost as much fun as the World Series).:penitent:

• Like 3

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I voted early last Wednesday, in my bib overalls and work boots. Nothing to tell, really. I feel like I need to get dolled up at least a little bit to wear heels, and there simply wasn't time, as I came right from work, greasy, matted hair and all!

I ran out of popcorn around 3:00 A.M. and it's now time to get some sleep.

To keep on a heel topic... It seem a large portion of the white population of the U.S.A. have had their opinions emboldened.  Many of us have commented that people no longer care what we have on our feet or that people were so wrapped up in themselves that they really didn't notice a guy wearing heels.  I suggest that this emboldened population may now be willing to express their displeasure at seeing a guy dressing out of what they consider "normal".  We have always cautioned each other to be aware of the environment where we wear heels.  I am suggested that, for a while, we be a little more aware of the environment and people around us when we go heeling in public.

• Like 1

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

We had two major party candidates, in a close election, either of whom being elected would have (and did) anger half that the people voting in the election but, as @Rockpupsays, "We will survive this".

A digression:  Before I retired I worked with several managers one of whom made a decision that many of us were sure was going to lead to a disaster and we made sure he was so informed in a staff meeting.  He didn't think the decision was as bad as we thought it was and was willing to admit there was some risk but he had a backup plan.  He also pointed out the decision hadn't been implemented yet. I will always remember hes response, "Hey, at least give me a chance to fail."  That still sounds like a reasonable course to follow.

At this point I would like to offer a bit of humorous political satire.  I put together a song four months ago that lightly offends everyone equally, based on the  Harry Belafonte's "Banana Boat Song"   - Daylight Come and I want to go Home   To make it relevant to this forum, I was wearing boots when I made the recording. :penitent:

On 09/11/2016 at 8:11 AM, Thighbootguy said:

To keep on a heel topic... It seem a large portion of the white population of the U.S.A. have had their opinions emboldened.  Many of us have commented that people no longer care what we have on our feet or that people were so wrapped up in themselves that they really didn't notice a guy wearing heels.  I suggest that this emboldened population may now be willing to express their displeasure at seeing a guy dressing out of what they consider "normal".  We have always cautioned each other to be aware of the environment where we wear heels.  I am suggested that, for a while, we be a little more aware of the environment and people around us when we go heeling in public.

On this you can be assured. I've heard enough talk from the deplorables that in no way do I want to be out of typical male character locally.

Well I have a pair of very nice dark grey suede over-the-knee biker-style boots with (flat) Vibram soles. Love 'em to bits. Not really sure I'm ready for Trump country though...

Edited by Shyheels

As Aaron Rogers once famously said:  "Relax!" Just because the election went a different direction than the media types masquerading as journalists, international elites, academia elites and others thought it was going to go does not mean things such as women's reproductive rights, LGBT rights, discrimination laws, etc will be effected one iota by this. Only how the USA manages its budget and what it prioritizes for spending will change quite a bit. Once those protesting college kids with their orange hair and bubble ideas and those 30-something "kids" living in their parents' basements realize the sky will not fall and they may actually find a job created by an expanding economy cause by different fiscal and economic policy they may then take off those shades and see  they too can strive and survive. HappyinHeels

I wrote my complete reaction in the Chit chat section.

On 11/9/2016 at 8:11 AM, Thighbootguy said:

Agree.  I have a feeling we're going to see increased hate crimes against minorities and the LGBT population.  The screen shot is indicative of what's happening even here in NYC, a super tolerant city.   Hopefully, this is a temporary high.  

Screen Shot 2016-11-11 at 10.40.32 AM.png

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

A shame that your "gay black guy friend" was not in posession of a legal firearm for his self protection when he was attacked.  But of course, folks living in New York had their 2nd Amendment rights taken away from them years ago, by the "supert tolerant" rulers of that city.  You get what you vote for....

• Like 1

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

49 minutes ago, SF said:

A shame that your "gay black guy friend" was not in posession of a legal firearm for his self protection when he was attacked.  But of course, folks living in New York had their 2nd Amendment rights taken away from them years ago, by the "supert tolerant" rulers of that city.  You get what you vote for....

Actually, the bold is incorrect.  There are all sorts of ways to legally carry a gun in NYC.  http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/html/firearms_licensing/handgun_licensing_application.shtml

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

I put my doubts about politics changing peoples attitudes. when bush ruled america. did it get worse or better for men wearing heels, you could wear red stilettos at a republican rally, and I doubt you would get attacked or be humiliated there. the truth is that nobody would really care about it there. there are bigger reasons why people elect who they want as leader. the LGBT groups in the US are whipping up fear and paranoia to the gay population of the country. and saying things to them that 95 percent of the time won't happen.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kneehighs said:

Actually, the bold is incorrect.  There are all sorts of ways to legally carry a gun in NYC.  http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/html/firearms_licensing/handgun_licensing_application.shtml

True you can apply for a concealed permit in NYC. The chances of getting a permit are poorer than most states, plus restrictions as no more than 7 rounds in a magazine, plus all "assault" type weapons must be registered. Add to the restrictions that New York state does not accept concealed permits from any of the other 49 states. New Jersey is probably the worst state in the union as far as gun possession, followed by New York.

6 hours ago, Shyheels said:

Can't you just wear an NRA cap and keep would-be muggers guessing?

That would indicate that you're either an out-of-towner, or that you may have a piece, and more likely to get mugged by folks who carry illegally.

I have found that you can pretty much walk through any inner-city neighborhood if you look and act like you belong there.

@kneehighs picked up on my real concern that a guy in heels may now be more of a target for ridicule than before and that we should exercise more caution in our public presentations.  Fortunately, in my small part of the world, I have not seen increased hostility but I am concerned since some people take their behavioral queues from their leaders.  Intended or not, some folks have interpreted these queues as permission to express intolerance for races, nationalities, and religions  differing from their own.  My concern is that this intolerance will be extended to people that dress differently from the perceived norm.

I am hopeful that, with luck and reflection, the currently fanned flames of intolerance will die down.

1 hour ago, Shyheels said:

Yea, though I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I shall fear no evil. Because I am the meanest s.o.b. In the whole valley...

Rather than being the meanest S.O.B. in heels, I suggest we just be more aware of the valleys in which we walk. 

Two months ago I posted a song from the Rogers & Hammerstein 1949 musical “South Pacific” (with my version of the chords) that addresses the spread of intolerance via our children.  You’ve Got To be Carefully Taught :headphones:

To keep this relevant, I was wearing boots when I made the recording. :penitent:

Edited by Thighbootguy
Relevant note
  • Like 1