Cubs Win World Series 2016

Yesterday was Cubs victory parade and rally.  I went to Wrigley Field to catch a glimpse of Cubs players and their championship trophy as they boarded double decker buses to go to Grant Park in Chicago.

Continued celebrating later on that night wearing my brown boots in my avatar and going to an adult "social club".  One of their female members gave me a sincere compliment, "I'm so jealous, I just love your boots."  to which I thanked her for admiring my boots.

But I digress.  This is pretty big news as this was estimated at about 5 million people came out to this event, making it largest attended event in US history and 7th largest event in world history.

Are there any other countries that have followed Cubs winning World Series?   Anyone else like to talk about Cubs?  Discuss.

• Like 2

I don't watch baseball during the regular season or the playoffs, but when the World Series comes around I figure there are two teams that really know how to play the game and I make a serious effort to watch all the games.  Again, not being a fan of any team in particular, I can watch the games and just enjoy the play without the worry about "my team" winning/loosing.  Having said all that, this was a really good series and game 7 was a really good game.

To keep things relevant to this forum, when I watched the 7th game, I popped a big batch of popcorn, opened a couple if beers, and propped my feet up wearing my newest boots, and let my face assume a TV stare.

GEDC1072.jpg

• Like 3

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Congratulations to the Cubs. I support the Blue Jays, but have  a soft spot for the Cubs, because of the Wrigley Field reference in the Blues Brothers... :cool:

Nice boots, by the way... :cheeky:

Edited by BootsOnly
  • Like 2

I followed the Series, living in the UK and being in Australia during the games. I spent my childhood in the US and the Cubs were my team. Fifty years later I can still name the infield at the time - Banks at first, Beckert at second, Kessenger at shortstop, Santo at third and Randly Hundley the catcher.

Hard to believe the Cubs actually won it!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Shyheels said:

- Banks at first, Beckert at second, Kessenger at shortstop, Santo at third and Randly Hundley the catcher.

As a comedy sketch it needs some work.  Might I suggest that you give the chap on second the improbable name Hooze.  It should flow from there.

It's been noticed here in the UK.  Today in an article mention was made of a chap who's renowned for studying statistics who apparently joked last year that the Cubs would win the World Series after 108 years and Trump would be US president.  Last one in the shelter pays for the orange whips!

Edited by meganiwish