Am I in the wrong forum?

HeelsWearer

Indeed, Munny is the male character in the film who accepts that he doesn't get what he deserves.  I suppose most people left the cinema before the point scrolled up.  I'm not going to tell you, you can darn well go and look for yourselves.

7 hours ago, Shyheels said:

Hint: Dry goods

Exactly. The real irony is, Will Munny's famous line, "deserve's got nothing to do with it", is actually a false statement, because he did in fact feel Little Bill "deserved" what was coming to him, just as he thought most people who got shot "deserved it", except for maybe his buddy Ned, and that prostitute. Munny is about settling scores, so in essence, "deserve", at least however that is defined in Munny's mind, has everything to do with getting pumped full of lead! One of the main reasons he showed up in that town (aside from the little fact that he needed money), was because he thought that Quick Mike and Davey Boy needed to get what was coming to them, for harming the prostitute. You see, deserve has EVERYTHING to do with it, no matter how we justify it, or even if we downplay the significance of it, to satisfy our own minds. Most humans, (and many other animal species) primarily act out of greed and vengeance. Two of the most powerful motivating forces known to exist. Sure, there are those humble, well-meaning folks who mostly act out of charity, but I suspect even many of them, are capable of acting out of retribution if someone they care deeply about was harmed or slighted in some way. I know many otherwise meek, humble, generous, and good natured people, who have a mean streak, a mile long, that seems to come out of nowhere, once they or someone they love are crossed! i suspect that what people feel they "deserve" is one of the largest factors contributing to our growing entitlement society! Everyone wants everything, and they want it now, and they want it for free or next to nothing. If they can't get what they want, it's someone else's fault, and it's time to start trashing stuff. Deserve has everything to do with what is going on in society! Corporate fat cats feel they deserve millions in bonuses for running companies out of business, and entry level workers feel that they deserve $15.00 an hour, with no experience or education, all, for flipping a hamburger, and screwing up your order, because they didn't pay enough attention to detail to see that you asked to "hold the mustard", yet they trimmed out your burger with mustard only! I would think the customer who is paying ten bucks for a burger, fries, and soda, deserves to get it the way it was ordered, yet what he gets in return, is the opportunity to wait around and waste more precious time, while they try to figure out what happened, and remake the order. So that customer, if smart, gives the establishment what they "deserve", for hiring incompetent, help, by not giving them business in the future. It's ALL about what everyone deserves! That being said, I feel that I deserve to go out and buy some new pumps later!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LuvsStiletto said:

Exactly. The real irony is, Will Munny's famous line, "deserve's got nothing to do with it", is actually a false statement, because he did in fact feel Little Bill "deserved" what was coming to him, just as he thought most people who got shot "deserved it", except for maybe his buddy Ned, and that prostitute. Munny is about settling scores, so in essence, "deserve", at least however that is defined in Munny's mind, has everything to do with getting pumped full of lead! One of the main reasons he showed up in that town (aside from the little fact that he needed money), was because he thought that Quick Mike and Davey Boy needed to get what was coming to them, for harming the prostitute. You see, deserve has EVERYTHING to do with it, no matter how we justify it, or even if we downplay the significance of it, to satisfy our own minds. Most humans, (and many other animal species) primarily act out of greed and vengeance. Two of the most powerful motivating forces known to exist. Sure, there are those humble, well-meaning folks who mostly act out of charity, but I suspect even many of them, are capable of acting out of retribution if someone they care deeply about was harmed or slighted in some way. I know many otherwise meek, humble, generous, and good natured people, who have a mean streak, a mile long, that seems to come out of nowhere, once they or someone they love are crossed! i suspect that what people feel they "deserve" is one of the largest factors contributing to our growing entitlement society! Everyone wants everything, and they want it now, and they want it for free or next to nothing. If they can't get what they want, it's someone else's fault, and it's time to start trashing stuff. Deserve has everything to do with what is going on in society! Corporate fat cats feel they deserve millions in bonuses for running companies out of business, and entry level workers feel that they deserve $15.00 an hour, with no experience or education, all, for flipping a hamburger, and screwing up your order, because they didn't pay enough attention to detail to see that you asked to "hold the mustard", yet they trimmed out your burger with mustard only! I would think the customer who is paying ten bucks for a burger, fries, and soda, deserves to get it the way it was ordered, yet what he gets in return, is the opportunity to wait around and waste more precious time, while they try to figure out what happened, and remake the order. So that customer, if smart, gives the establishment what they "deserve", for hiring incompetent, help, by not giving them business in the future. It's ALL about what everyone deserves! That being said, I feel that I deserve to go out and buy some new pumps later!

I agree. You deserve the new pumps.

Hopefully you won't be served by the undeserving, a gum-scheming clod who overcharges you on a box containing two left shoes, a black size 3 and a brown size 14 (it averages out 8 and a half, so that's near enough, whaddya complaining' for?) 

Edited by Shyheels
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

I agree. You deserve the new pumps.

Hopefully you won't be served by the undeserving, a gum-scheming clod who overcharges you on a box containing two left shoes, a black size 3 and a brown size 14 (it averages out 8 and a half, so that's near enough, whaddya complaining' for?) 

Thanks! You deserve some new heels too!  I'm heading to DSW later. Now that it is spring, I'm thinking I deserve some strappy heels as well. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...