Am I in the wrong forum?

HeelsWearer

I apologize if I've posted in the For The Guys section. I just noticed tonight the rules about men not posting in the ladies section. I for one enjoy visiting the guys section and I've either "liked" a post or made a comment (always positive :fine:) about a post. Is this taboo? Please clue me in here if I should stay out. Have a great night, Carol

• Like 9

29 minutes ago, CAT said:

I was busted for posting in the girls.  Totally ridicules. Double standards.  I am very glad you are in this forum and are an active participant  there are a few other girls in here  and I think it's great to have your opinion 

CAT 

I agree. The hangup many have here is the fear of what the fairer sex thinks about our heels. Actually getting some firsthand comments is what many need to help them on their journey. 

We are advocating that heels should not be viewed as gender specific so why should chatting about them be......

I, like CAT say please stay and please be involved. 

James

• Like 6

Regards

James

1 hour ago, HeelsWearer said:

Please clue me in here if I should stay out.

Absolutely not.  Do we have a double standard... yep we do.  It came about because the guys took over almost every thread started in the For the Gals section and the moderators wanted to encourage more gals to be part of this forum.  If the gals ever started to dominate the For the Guys section the moderators may rethink the rules, but we have so few gals posting it isn't a problem. 

My personal view is that in this heavily male forum, I appreciate the gals point of view.

• Like 6

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

4 hours ago, HeelsWearer said:

I apologize if I've posted in the For The Guys section. I just noticed tonight the rules about men not posting in the ladies section. I for one enjoy visiting the guys section and I've either "liked" a post or made a comment (always positive :fine:) about a post. Is this taboo? Please clue me in here if I should stay out. Have a great night, Carol

Stay!!!!!! :happy:

Vote 1 for HeelsWearer!!!! :giggle:

Edited by BootsOnly
  • Like 3

Yes, it seems like a double standard without knowing the history of why this rule came about, and how this site has changed in its membership and focus over the years. If one is new to the site, one might wonder why we even have a Girls section. It did once serve a useful purpose, but that was ruined by a few asshat boys.  So yes, girls can post anywhere, and we welcome you! Boys can't post in the girls section.

• Like 1

I just read "for the guys forum" posted at the top of this page, dated sometime in 2008, and it does say everybody is welcome to post here. So there you have it. I wasn't trying to open a can of worms, I'm just a rule follower and didn't want to be out of line. Guys, thank you all for the answers to this question and the support you gave me :cheeky:

• Like 6

For me its not a problem either you post here, the more the merrier. The sub-title doesnt specify it's for men only as specific as it does in the ladies section. Allthough I think in this day and age the "natural born women" and "born females only" is a bit too restricting. How about transgender people that are officially female. :) 

And even though its a double standard I agree that the ladies section should be for ladies (in whatever shape or form) only. :) Even though this causes me to be in disagreement with my way of thinking. ;) 

• Like 3

Carol, it is great to have women post here - it is the only way we get to interact because we are not allowed to post on the ladies side.  We like hearing your comments and sharing your thoughts and experiences with heels.  Wish more women would join discussions here!

• Like 4

Restricting men from posting in the girls only thread has long seen an established rule.  I, for instance, once posted in that thread by mistake and was severely admonished and given a penalty point, which remains on my record to this day. 

This restriction is plainly explained in the information on policies that new members are required to read prior to being granted membership.   WHAT'S THE PROBLEM???

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

11 hours ago, hh4evr1 said:

Maybe some topics should be moved/added to the for everyone parts of this site. Then it would be ok for male and females to post more equally.

It only needs people who want to address everybody to post in 'For Everybody'.  The forum title isn't exactly what one might call 'obscurely cryptic'.  It's not unreasonable to expect people to think before they post.

The existence of a girls only forum might seem like an anachronism, but actually I see it as a gentlemanly gesture.  I don't use it much, but it's nice to know it's there.  One of my gripes with the modern world is the diminishing of good manners.  Minor restrictions remind us all of the need for good manners.  Well done HHP.

• Like 3

Wow, I guess there is some tension regarding this issue. Sorry to open a can of worms. I'll stay in the "For Everybody" & "For the Girls" forums. NO BUBBA, I DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM!  For that matter, how come meganiwish posted in this forum - out, on your way...

Edited by HeelsWearer
  • Like 1

Hey HeelsWearer,

I'm with Cl0setheels, Strumpher and RonC on this. It's clear that a majority of "active" members in this part of the forum appreciate and support your presence here, or are at worst, indifferent to it. :cheeky:  For my part, I welcome your posts in the "for the guys" section. I enjoy reading them and hope you continue to post here. And I'm confident the vast majority support this view.

So, please keep posting here! :cheeky: And if any of your female friends wish to post here, they're welcome too!!! :happy:

Edited by BootsOnly
  • Like 5

I think it is nice that there is Girls' forum, strictly for the girls. I'm all for it. HHP is an extremely male oriented site so it is nice for the female voices to be given a platform that won't be overwhelmed.  By the same token I do not feel that this same exclusivity needs to be extended to the guys forum. Nor is there any wording anywhere suggesting it should be, or is. So why shouldn't Meganiwish post here? 

HeelsWearer's contributions are obviously welcomed and appreciated, right across the board, so more power to your elbow, HeelsWearer. Post away!

• Like 8

On 3-11-2016 at 3:41 AM, HeelsWearer said:

We males appreciate the female view on our heels. At least I do. From the responces to this thead most do. As all that is written can be read by anyone anyway, why not allow girls to post in here aswel. We guys might learn from this. I'm very glad there are women with an open mind. Let us men also have this open mind. And yes the female forum is restricted to men due to the fact that in the past things were not that safe for the target audience of that part of the forum. That is a fact now. We should be adults and respect eachother. So welcome @HeelsWearer please do participate.

• Like 6

small or big doesn't matter, wear your heels proud .... that is!

Thing is, on the one hand its a good thing for both men and women to have a separate places for themselves where they can talk freely among each other, without the fear of being offensive to the other sex. On the other hand I seem to be able to read all the threads in the for the girls section anyway, and they can read ours, so I'm having a hard time seeing the point for separate sections.

• Like 4

HeelsWearer, I wasn't in any way intending to do you down.  I should probably also have responded with a simple answer to your straight question, as quoted in the above post, and for that omission I apologise.  To answer you, you had no need to apologise, since it's neither taboo nor against the site rules for a woman to post in the men's section.  How else would we put them straight? ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, meganiwish said:

HeelsWearer, I wasn't in any way intending to do you down.  I should probably also have responded with a simple answer to your straight question, as quoted in the above post, and for that omission I apologise.  To answer you, you had no need to apologise, since it's neither taboo nor against the site rules for a woman to post in the men's section.  How else would we put them straight? ;)

Megan, I've yet to see you give a simple and straight answer to anything, and for that I admire and appreciate you. 

On 04/11/2016 at 1:05 AM, meganiwish said:

The existence of a girls only forum might seem like an anachronism, but actually I see it as a gentlemanly gesture. 

Good manners work both ways.  If I could say something genuinely helpful I would, but largely I'd feel that if you wanted my input you'd have gone in For Everybody.  Sometimes my boy would ask his dad rather than me, but if his dad had given advice about women that was clearly misguided I'd have taken my boy aside...

• Like 2

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 4:44 AM, Cl0setheels said:

For me its not a problem either you post here, the more the merrier. The sub-title doesnt specify it's for men only as specific as it does in the ladies section. Allthough I think in this day and age the "natural born women" and "born females only" is a bit too restricting. How about transgender people that are officially female. :) 

Or what about people who don't identify as either male or female?

Tinder just managed to expand its original choices of male and female to 37 gender identities after copping flack from its users, some of which were unfairly banned for their identified gender.

Does pose a bit of juxtaposition for a site championing heel wearing for all.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 11/2/2016 at 7:41 PM, HeelsWearer said:

I'm new here but I would welcome your input as well as all member's input.  That's why I try to put my topics in the For Everybody forum.

I voted in the "How HIGH a Stiletto can you wear & walk in WITH NO PLATFORM?!?!" in the For Girls Forum (5") but refrained from posting a reply.  There are so many topics in the women's forum that I would like to comment on. I wear heels all the time, so I feel I have some insight.  I feel my taste in foot wear is closer to many of the women here, I'm into boots/booties, wedges and sandals so I want to hear about what style women like to wear. And I wear 4+" inch heels

Edited by Cali
typos
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Cali said:

I'm new here but I would welcome your input as well as all member's input.  That's why I try to put my topics in the For Everybody forum.

I voted in the "How HIGH a Stiletto can you wear & walk in WITH NO PLATFORM?!?!" in the For Girls Forum (5") but refrained from posting a reply.  There are so many topics in the women's forum that I would like to comment on. I wear heels all the time, so I feel I have some insight.  I feel my taste in foot wear is closer to many of the women here, I'm into boots/booties, wedges and sandals so I want to hear about what style women like to wear. And I wear 4+" inch heels

I did the same and commented.  Both by accident and was hammered for it 

• Like 1