First time

Peeptoe

Today was my first time wearing heels into a store. It was nerve racking, exciting, and liberating all at the same time. The store was relatively empty and the staff left me to myself when they noticed my attire. I tried on a few different pairs of shoes and hadn't really planned to buy anything. I was just there to try on some different  brands but found a pair of heeled sandals on clearance. The store was Shoe Carnival. 

IMAG0013.jpg

IMAG0014.jpg

IMAG0015.jpg

• Like 9

Peeptoe.....  Nice post, nice pics.  It is good to get out, that's the only way you will be able to realize that a guy can actually wear high heels in public and no one really cares!!  You wear basically what I wear when I get out, denim / casual pants and a long / short sleeve collared shirt.  Nice look.  I like the sandals too.  

Shoe shopping IS fun, keep having a good time...  sf

• Like 1

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

When your heart rate finally slows back down to normal you will realize what a great time you had.  I've been in Shoe Carnival several times wearing boots and have never had a bad experience although the sales staff didn't go out of their way to help me as they do in Payless.  The shoes you wore in look great as do the new sandals.  This post is about 17 hours after your post so it is almost time to go heeling again. :fine:

• Like 3

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

1 hour ago, Thighbootguy said:

When your heart rate finally slows back down to normal you will realize what a great time you had.  I've been in Shoe Carnival several times wearing boots and have never had a bad experience although the sales staff didn't go out of their way to help me as they do in Payless.  The shoes you wore in look great as do the new sandals.  This post is about 17 hours after your post so it is almost time to go heeling again. :fine:

No today is a chill at home day lol. I don't heel locally  as its a bit rural and closed minded. I usually  drive an hour or so to the nearest  major city(Louisville or Florence) and the budget can't withstand  daily  trips unfortunately. But I am wearing at home at the moment. :-)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Peeptoe said:

No today is a chill at home day lol. I don't heel locally  as its a bit rural and closed minded. I usually  drive an hour or so to the nearest  major city(Louisville or Florence) and the budget can't withstand  daily  trips unfortunately. But I am wearing at home at the moment. :-)

@Peeptoe I live in Louisville...

Peeptoe,

Nice pedicure indeed! I have ventured into Shoe Carnival several times in wedge sandals or ankle boots in the colder months and all times without fanfare or problems. Some of my best wedge finds have been there on the ultra clearance racks. The key ingredient to enjoyable experiences in heels, as others will also tell you, is the confidence you show the world while wearing them. It tells the world you want to be dealt with on your terms. Thanks for putting your trust in our forum.   HappyinHeels

• Like 1

On 10/18/2016 at 5:32 AM, Peeptoe said:

Today was my first time wearing heels into a store. It was nerve racking, exciting, and liberating all at the same time. The store was relatively empty and the staff left me to myself when they noticed my attire. I tried on a few different pairs of shoes and hadn't really planned to buy anything. I was just there to try on some different  brands but found a pair of heeled sandals on clearance. The store was Shoe Carnival. 

IMAG0013.jpg

IMAG0014.jpg

IMAG0015.jpg

Hi Peeptoe,

Nice pedi and I really love the sandals. Please post more pictures of that lovely sandals.

6 hours ago, CPB said:

Those are beautiful sandals, with a neat & attractive pedi. Love the nail polish colour.

The color is Revlon Fashionista  471 and the sandals  were a steal at $15 on clearance  :-)

i only used to wear heels in public for charity functions.

recently i have decided to start wearing them all the time.  like you i have a liking for peeptoe boots.  i think they are fantastic.

try not to wear them with any form of sock or nylon.  they feel so nice on the foot when worn bare footed.  personally i try and wear all footwear bare footed as i think a lot of footwear especially heels feel so much more comfortable.  if your feet start getting too warm use some foot powder. personally its a crime to ware open toe footwear with any form of foot covering.  if you really need to wear nylons then wear a clear nude colour that is not easily noticed.  i dont use nail varnish though.

i admire your courage to try on heels at the local store.  i dont have the chance of doing this as there is nowhere that sell my size.  i dont care what people think when i walk around in my heels.  i dont normally get embarresed by what people say.  its the people who expreess their thoughts with violence that i dont like but if they want to try it on with me they are welcome to have a go.  they will be in for a shock