Boots and Shoes that we wish we owned?

BootsOnly

12 hours ago, Sydheel said:

I bought a pair of boots a week ago. The seller just sent a message saying that they have another pair if id like first dibs. 

SIREN brand crotch high boots. 15cm heel, 2cm platform 

interesting hole punch design 

what do you think

IMG_1037.JPG

IMG_1038.JPG

Ok Sydheel, I'm impressed... I remember first seeing these boots around 5-6 years ago. I loved them then and still do...

How do you keep making these impressive finds?? What's your secret?? :shocked:

• Like 1

20 hours ago, HeelsWearer said:

These are shoes I wished I still owned, although I would only now wear them for special dress up occasions. There used to be a company called Wild Pair and back in the day they sold really high shoes, which I wanted/needed! Pardon the picture, but this is almost an exact pair I wore every day in high school, much to my father's chagrin. I had them in virtually every color. They would kill my feet but I needed the height. After high school I wised up and discovered slides which I can wear all day without a problem.

394.jpg

One word, HeelsWearer... Wow!!! :cool:

8 hours ago, XtremeHeels said:

I totally agree with you CAT on how awesome the sound of metal heel tips are!!! My girlfriend and I went for a walk Saturday evening and the sound of my metal tip stilettos were so much louder than her plastic tip stilettos!!! I loved it and so did she ☺

I have a couple of pair lying around somewhere. They were made by the British-based "Little Shoe Box", back in the '90's... 

I totally agree with CAT and XtremeHeels... And now, I'm inspired!! I'm going to dig them out and take them for a spin, just to listen to that great sound!! :happy:

10 hours ago, XtremeHeels said:

I would absolutely love to have a pair of Christian Louboutin "Hot Chick" Heels but sadly they don't come in my size :(

Don't give up the dream, XtremeHeels! You never know... :fine:

There's been some fabulous shoes and boots posted here, along with some really interesting stories...

So here's my latest contribution. Does anyone remember these Dsquared High Heel Rain Boots? And was anyone privileged enough to wear a pair?? And more to the point, why aren't such obviously desirable boots still available??? I look forward to everyone's thoughts...

tumblr_ls5h0yReP51qhogwao2_250.jpg

• Like 8

6 hours ago, BootsOnly said:

There's been some fabulous shoes and boots posted here, along with some really interesting stories...

So here's my latest contribution. Does anyone remember these Dsquared High Heel Rain Boots? And was anyone privileged enough to wear a pair?? And more to the point, why aren't such obviously desirable boots still available??? I look forward to everyone's thoughts...

I would love to have owned a pair ☺Walking in the rain would have become a normal thing having these boots to walk in!!!!!!!

• Like 3

Yes, I can walk in 6.5 inch heels!!!

Couldn't agree more, XtremeHeels. They certainly make the old Hunter wellies look pretty mundane. Can't believe they didn't catch on!! Looked everywhere for a pair, but to no avail. Another one that got away... :sad:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BootsOnly said:

Can't believe they didn't catch on!!

May have been the price.  Current Dsquared prices require a dedicated shoe buyer.

• Like 1

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I saw a pair very fancy thighhigh boots once on a community, a pair hours later the image vas gone and i thought it was saved on my computer... not

Dark brown with front lacing and side zippers rounded toe half chunky heel slight platform. And they screamed stylish and expensive.

• Like 2

This thread got me looking back through some old images on my computer looking for a tall brown pair of boots that were attached to a pair of jeans where the back lacing of the boots extended up into the jeans. :wub:

bootjeans.jpg

In the search I also ran across some photoshop images I created back in 2007 and posted in a thread called Mirror Mirror on the Wall from which the images have been lost over several software upgrades and server migrations.  The idea behind the thread was my fanatical thinking about the images of one of the models (Krista) on the long defunked site thighboots.com. Since this thread is generally about wishful thinking I thought I repost them here.

wishing_miror2.jpg  wishing_mirror2_img.jpg  wishing_mirror3.jpg

Those boots were my very first pair of thigh boots and have a 3" heel.  When I got them they were pink and I had a cobbler dye them black.  Today I'd wear pink thigh boots but back then there was no way and back then a 3" heel was a towering heel.  I still have those boots, the lining is worn out but they are still fun to wear.

Edited by Thighbootguy
  • Like 7

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Hey Thighbootguy,

this is a great post. Thanks for sharing it. I'm sure many of us have a favourite first pair and you're lucky to still have yours. And I for one would love a wishing mirror...

Love those back-lacing boot-jeans!!! :happy:

Cheers 

6 hours ago, pebblesf said:

Very cool boots indeed, sure hope you find a pair.  What makes them "rain boots"?  Are they made of rubber?  Very cool

Hi pebblesf,

they are made from rubber. They're genuine rain-boots and they make the Hunter wellies look very pedestrian indeed... :happy:

Just wish I could find a pair... :sad:

23 minutes ago, BootsOnly said:

Here's another pair that got away... :sad:  Casadai platform over knee boots from a couple of years ago. They were heavily discounted at the time and a real bargain. For some reason, I procrastinated and... :sad:

Knee-High-Platform-Boots.jpg

Those are fantastic boots.  I would love a pair of those 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, BootsOnly said:

Here's another pair that got away... :sad:  Casadai platform over knee boots from a couple of years ago. They were heavily discounted at the time and a real bargain. For some reason, I procrastinated and... :sad:

Knee-High-Platform-Boots.jpg

Wow, gorgeous boots, bummer

• Like 4

Regards

James

I have been "hunting " a yellow wedge or Espadrille for years . The brown pair just remind me of my first pair . Seems like every time I find the style they are sold out of my size or just never make it in my size . MIP image1xxl retro.jpgluxury-rebel-platform-wedge-t-strap-yellow-wedges-15227533-0-1.jpgyellow wedges platform high heel vegan privileged shoes-f65683.jpg

Edited by maninpumps
Trying to fix mistake .
  • Like 1

Hi, I have few dreams that I hope one day may become true. Time (and money) will show if yes or not. Here are 2 pairs that I like a lot.

I have similar like these from Pleaser but these have higher heel (about 16cm in comparison to Pleaser 14cm:-)

La1919-2443-Vernice-nera_3n.jpg

These are quite extreme but I like the design and also the fact they have a real padlock which makes it even more interesting for me that they cannot be put off without unlocking.

rBVaEFeK7-SAEDd6AAL4yCiJUH8105.jpg

• Like 3

PolarSun - I absolutely love those pumps but there's no way I could ever wear them. I consider myself a high heel expert when it comes to walking, but a size 5 shoe with over a 6 inch heel, I'd kill myself :fine:. If you can pull it off, by all means go for it!! :cheeky:

• Like 2

The ones I tried and regret not buying...

Knee high 5" heel lace up boots from Little Shoe Box when they were still in business. At the time, many years ago, they were the highest heels I had ever tried. I could stand in them without falling over and took a few steps. I tried them on in LSB's Holloway Road shop and dithered.

Some platform ankle boots from Terry de Havilland when he had a shop in Covent Garden. They were lovely and fitted perfectly but again I dithered.

I would love these Louboutins but unlikely to be available in UK9/EU43 and would be an extortionate price even if they were. In my eyes these are perfection in the bootmaker's craft. Seamless upper and back zip.

louboutin3.jpg

• Like 8

36 minutes ago, bnchmrk said:

maybe I should write a letter to Santa Claus and hope my wife reads it. Lol.

And leave the note with some hot chocolate and cookies.

Maybe you could suggest that Santa get you two pair, one in your size :santa: and one if her's. :santa_hat:

• Like 4

7 hours ago, at9 said:

The ones I tried and regret not buying...

Knee high 5" heel lace up boots from Little Shoe Box when they were still in business. At the time, many years ago, they were the highest heels I had ever tried. I could stand in them without falling over and took a few steps. I tried them on in LSB's Holloway Road shop and dithered.

Some platform ankle boots from Terry de Havilland when he had a shop in Covent Garden. They were lovely and fitted perfectly but again I dithered.

I would love these Louboutins but unlikely to be available in UK9/EU43 and would be an extortionate price even if they were. In my eyes these are perfection in the bootmaker's craft. Seamless upper and back zip.

louboutin3.jpg

I have The Littke Shoe Box boots you're talking about as well as some thigh high boots from The Little Shoe Box . Awesome boots!!  Who wouldn't want a pair of CL's in there collection !!!  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bnchmrk said:

These are on my wish list. Maybe a Christmas present to myself...or maybe I should write a letter to Santa Claus and hope my wife reads it. Lol.

25e5dfb9-f6f6-4277-9269-dcc0e1e5a779.JPG

I want them too!!

• Like 3

On 18-10-2016 at 1:11 PM, BootsOnly said:

These are fab. I might have found some on ebay: http://www.ebay.nl/itm/STIVALI-DSQUARED-DONNA-NR-39-BOOTS-/152297066508?hash=item23759cd00c:g:ZF0AAOSwB09YE1Cw

• Like 3

small or big doesn't matter, wear your heels proud .... that is!

I really really want a pair of Cristian Louboutin heels, black suede courts would do me nicely. Maybe like these Ron Ron's currently offered on their website. Trouble is I'm a size 46/47, and they only go up to a 43! I have heard tell that they do made to measure, and I'd pay the price too, but I've never been able to find out any more. Anyone have any leads? 

christianlouboutin-ronron-3080438_BK01_1_1200x1200.jpg

• Like 2

While on a Louboutin kick, I'd love to be able to wear these as everyday shoes. I actually got to try on the Merci Allens (pump), but they did not have my size.

Merci Allen pump 130mm

Swiftinetta 130mm shoe

10A395BB-0053-4527-B7D3-E3CB0B882934-28274-0000107951FB2680_tmp.png

9E23810F-2A14-4326-B28C-86B030BD1CC6-28274-0000107972F5256C_tmp.png

• Like 3

(formerly known as "JimC")

On 27/10/2016 at 7:51 PM, PolarSun said:

Hi, I have few dreams that I hope one day may become true. Time (and money) will show if yes or not. Here are 2 pairs that I like a lot.

I have similar like these from Pleaser but these have higher heel (about 16cm in comparison to Pleaser 14cm:-)

La1919-2443-Vernice-nera_3n.jpg

These are quite extreme but I like the design and also the fact they have a real padlock which makes it even more interesting for me that they cannot be put off without unlocking.

rBVaEFeK7-SAEDd6AAL4yCiJUH8105.jpg

Hey PolarSun,

I'm with HeelsWearer on this one. :happy: Love those pumps, But I'm not sure I could walk properly in them... :-?   I can wear 5" heels, with no platform, comfortably and confidently, but those would be a real challenge! But maybe, just maybe, they're worth the effort... :happy: