Anybody in Los Angeles???

bambam

Hello all, new poster here. I am a huge high heel lover, can't get enough. My home is usually littered with whatever I have tried on in the last week, and they all make me happy, albeit a little anxious, knowing it isn't really allowed in public society. I know some niches are making it less taboo, but that surely isn't the norm. I've only worn high heel boots to a goth club once, and I almost had a heart attack from the stress. Right now, I'm looking for likeminded well-heeled hhplace members in the Los Angeles are, with whom I can meet up, show off some kicks, and possibly find larger or more public places to walk and chill. Any questions, just let me know!!

5 hours ago, bambam said:

knowing it isn't really allowed in public society.

Not to dump on a new member but...assuming you are wearing a shoe that isn't too extreme for even a gal to wear, today's society will let you wear almost anything you want to wear.  The key is to wear it with confidence.  First, you have to really believe that what you are wearing looks good on you (full length mirror test).  If you fail that test, try on something else until you pass the test. Second, after you know you look good, you have to present yourself with confidence.  People have to be able to read, "Yeah, I'm wearing heels, and they look good".  People will respect that level of confidence and once you have learned that lesson, you can apply that level of confidence to everything else in your life.

5 hours ago, bambam said:

I've only worn high heel boots to a goth club once, and I almost had a heart attack from the stress

I'm not a club goer but I remember my first outings in heeled boots and the deep breath I had to take getting out of the car only to discover that no one cared what I had on my feet (and I had on crotch high black leather boots with 5" stiletto heels).  The only problem with that outing was that I hadn't practiced walking on 5" heels enough so Third, make sure you can walk smoothly in heels.

Fourth, don't fall into the trap of thinking I'll hide my heels under long pants.  People will see your heels.  If the shoe/bootie is designed to be worn with pants, go ahead but boots are designed to show off the boot shaft so don't hide them under pants.  Similarly, don't go heeling in dark abandon places as this generally isn't a safe place to be anyway.  Being out in public with confidence is the safest place to go heeling.

Most important, be comfortable with yourself and your presentation, then enjoy your heels, and by the way, Welcome to the forum.

• Like 2

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Welcome Bam Bam!  I work for the airlines and fly in to LA frequently.  We stay near the airport for short layovers, and in a few areas closer to the city for longer layovers.  I am always looking for a boot bud to get out publicly with.  Hope we can chat more about it.

Don

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

BamBam,

Welcome to the site. I'm sure you noticed there are many guys here with great advice on heel wearing.  I learned from many of them, and their words have helped me become more confident in wearing heels in public. I hope you find as much wisdom in their words as I have.

HH_PE

• Like 1

Bambam....  I don't live in LA but I get there a lot, I have family there.  I wear heels in the LA area quite often when  shopping, dining and just running around.  You just have to get out and do it.    Enjoy yourself and have fun....    sf 

• Like 1

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"