Greetings from latitude 60 degrees north

Micce

Hello to you all. Just recently found this forum and glad to be a member.

To give a brief introduction, I am a straight family man in early 50s living in a big city in south of the country. Have been interested in high heels ever since early teens. Not that there was much to see around in the 1970's. Like most everyone, also had to give my mom's heels a try and appreciated getting instantly a bit taller.

As time passed and a grew up, to my delight high heels and even stilettos became fashionable again. Could say it was aestheticlly pleasing to see ladies wear such shoes. My first girlfriends in 1980's and 1990's used heels every now and then. And while at the university, during some binge drinking parties I would also give a try. Nothing extreme, but back then I could manage 10-12cm stilettos when we wanted to make fools of ourselves.

I am working in the financial sector. Nice desk job with a large office, dark suit all day etc. Finland and other Nordic countries are quite liberal, even compared with most other EU states, but still have to stay a bit conservative during the day. For office I have found some conservative-looking oxfords or boots that have reasonable 5-6cm heels. So any redneck client of mine would not be disturbed, and not even my teenage daughter's friends would notice.

For freetime one could have a bit higher shoes, as I have got used to appreciate extra height, being only 175cm. Platform soles are comfy and good in rain and sleet, remember we are north of latitude 60 degrees here.

Have to be a bit carefull with heel height, though, as years ago I had an accident (not with heels but a sporting accident) and fractured my foot. Recovery took a long time and would not want to risk injuring that foot again. Anything higher than 10cm will cause pain if I have been wearing such shoes for extended time.

Part of my mid-life crisis was to start controlling my diet and doing regular exercise. Running, bicycling etc. Being about same weight as in my 20s and physically in good shape, my shoe size has also gone from EU43 to EU42 or 41. An unexpected positive effect was that I could now wear ladies size EU41 if shoes are not extremely narrow..

Every now and then try footwear with a bit higher heels. Stilettos stay at home, as I am not into CD. Unfortunately my wife is such a reasonable mid-aged lady that she has long time ago stopped wearing anythigh high, not even during those rare events when we two go out. So not much to please my eyes in that respect. But for fooling around during "adults at home" -days when our kids are away, I got for both of us some 15cm platform oxfords couple of years ago. To my surprise, she would be willing to have them on for a while and did not mind us both doing so. Taking into account PG13 nature of this forum, I only say our heels have a stimulating effect, even at our 50+ age.

Not so brief introduction afterall. Again, glad to be onboard and feel free to comment & ask questions.

WELCOME to the forum.

I encourage to explore the forum as there are lots of posts about about almost everything to do with wearing heels.  It is good to hear that your mid life crisis is keeping you in good physical shape, but this is the first time I have heard that exercise can reduce you foot size from an EU43 to an EU41.  However you managed that, congratulations as it does make shoe shopping a lot easier.  It is also good to hear that your wife is Ok with your heeling as that also makes it a lot easier.

Again, welcome... enjoy the forum... and enjoy your heels.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

That's pretty awesome that you have a wife that partakes in your heels.   I at 50 have a girlfriend that has no problem with me being in my shoes,,,,, and a skirt on public depending on the event.   No fully dressing just a guy in heels and a skirt.  Take a look at my pics 

welcome 

CAT

23 hours ago, Sydheel said:

everything said here is of course on the straight up and up. 

And it's on the internet so it has to be true!

Seriously, take all the advice with a grain of salt, but most of it is spot on.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

micce,

Welcome to our forum! GLad to see someone from Suomi as they call it there. Where I live there are many people of Finnish origin as  well as other Nordic countries. I have been north of 60 degrees a number of times. Very dark at this time of year but oh, those summers, are fantastic.

Lots of experience here with wearing heels and what people wear them with. I love higher heels (5"/12.5 cm and up) and own wedge sandals, platform sandals, pumps, ankle boots and knee boots. I wear these heels with mostly jeans, polo shirts, sweaters and jackets. I have occasionally dressed completely as a woman and gone to parties or weddings. It is absolute fun. Others just like the heels by themselves. Whatever your style you are in the right place for fans of heels.  HappyinHeels