Where do you go heeling?

krazykev64

Im interested as to what the limits are when it comes to heeling in public.  Do you restrict yourself to a dark alleyway or dont you care?  It does not matter what your heels are like or how high.  It would be interesting to know what sort of places you wear them.

So where do I wear my heels?  Well I have been wearing them almost every day for the last 2 weeks.  In this time I have been shopping in a busy supermarket (Tesco).  Been to my mates gigs a few times (i'm his roadie). Went to see my father a few times. Went to my girlfriends home.  Today I even ventured into a busy builders yard for the first time.

I dont care where I go to be honest.  I have got over the shy stage of wearing heels as daily footwear.

Edited by krazykev64
  • Like 2

I'm the same way, i wear them wherever it is practical to do so. I'm a trans woman so that sort of goes with the territory.

Back in the days gone by though, i was the same way. About the only restrictions i put myself under was to wear something practical for the conditions  (rain, walking on grass etc.) and also i use to wear something as masculine as possible to my kids sporting events, as i was not "out" per se back then. Usually that meant something Unisex like Converses.

• Like 1

When I am going into a town or city, traveling, driving I am wearing heels all the time.  I am not wearing so much around my own town due its rural nature plus 6 months of winter. I do wear winter knee boots.

Edited by mtnsofheels
  • Like 1

I wear my heels as much as possible to go out.  Not in my daily work life as would not be to good in construction  I tell my girlfriend I do wish I could change my career so I could wear different clothes    I have worn heels with jeans quite a bit to run around    My weekend attired To shop and run around  is usually a skirt and heels in a multitude of stores from grocery to Home Depot to clothes or even a Starbucks to do work on my laptop    My going out, date nite or into the city is more hmmmmmm,,,, sexy should I say   Short minskirt that I'm  told not to bend over at all, leather  5,6,and 7" pumps to thigh high boots  my shy stage is long in the past  my girlfriend and I stopped when I was decked out in a leather skirt and fishnets I walked right in a busy store to get a Coke for the ride home   She said when I came back out she is amazed that my confidence is unreal and that every head turned   As I have told people in the past   I don't and won't fully dress   I have no problem with those that do   It's not my thing   When I'm out I'm just a guy in a skirt and heels,,,,, because I like the look  Here is a couple of day time and night time outfits from my albums,,wish the daytime was every day  

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by CAT
  • Like 8

Most often when I'm out of town. If I'm out on business, it will depend on if I have co-workers with me. I have pulled off some shorter heels locally, but they are boots with jeans over.

4 to 5" pumps and skinny jeans locally - - - not a chance. Too much neanderthal redneckery in the area.

As a reference, I put over 200 local miles on the bike this last weekend in Nine West boots with a 2 " block heel. - - Lots of Trump signs out there - - No Hillary

Still new to heeling.  As of now I wear every time I fuel the car.  And Friday's on the way home to get a bite to eat at a fast food place.   But mostly quick in and out to convince stores.  When on business trips I all around tourist areas at night.  

Did take a walk through a park one evening while it was still light out.  Was fun being passed by joggers. 

Hope to add more places as time goes by.  I have heeled through the garden section of a big box store, that was my most adventurous adventure as the walk was so long. 

Cat, Always looking so sharp.  

Question:. Where is your wallet when you wear skirt without a jacket?  Like in the greeting card one with the nice blue shirt. 

I have gone out in a skirt before, but felt silly holding cash and I am not into purses.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Spareheels said:

Question:. Where is your wallet when you wear skirt without a jacket?  Like in the greeting card one with the nice blue shirt. 

I have gone out in a skirt before, but felt silly holding cash and I am not into purses.  

the best cure for your wallet is to buy a small handbag.  i have this problem when i wear heels for the Children in Need charity walk where me and my friend dress up as the fat slags from the adult Viz comic.  we had nowhere to put our keys or wallets etc so we use a handbag. Problem solved

fs.JPG

9 hours ago, Spareheels said:

Cash? Who needs cash!!!   They can't believe the outfit  I'm wearing and it's always on the house !!!    LOL.   Just kidding.  I have a small wallet with a wrist strap to hold license cc phone    I want to get an Otterbox commuter phone case that's a wallet too.   The outfit in blue shirt at the greeting card isle is one of my favorite outfits. Blue is my favorite color and the Steve Madden Dejavu's are my favorite pumps in my collection.  Before they were discontinued I bought several pair in different colors for my girlfriend and I . The close out price at Steve Madden online was 17 bucks!!!!!!!

Edited by CAT
  • Like 2

I wear heels most anywhere, including church, the grocery store, my high school class reunion, a redneck bar, and even the union hall (though I've never worn heels to a meeting). One place I won't wear heels is Vietnam, at the request of my wife. Even if she gave her blessing, I'm not sure Vietnam would be ready for a guy in heels.

On thinking about it I couldn't think of a place I go that I don't wear heeled boots.  This includes the doctors offices, stores, restaurants, museums, and the venues where I play music.  I am more selective about where I go wearing a skirt, but I go everywhere in boots from kneehigh to thighhigh, with flat heels to 5" stilettos, and with the shaft always exposed.  At the places I frequent, the people expect me to be wearing boots and at the other places no one seems to care, and I often get an "I like your boots" comment.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I've ventured to numerous places in heels, skirts and the occasional dress: shopping malls, city parks, crowded downtown areas, bookstores, big box electronics stores, restaurants and museums, all in broad daylight, and I've never had any problems, not even in 15 inch minis or five inched heeled thigh boots. In fact, every now and then, I get compliments on my attire from perfect strangers which is always a good thing. It's important to dress appropriately for the surroundings you happen to be in and to blend in as best you can, if you manage that, then you'll be accepted for your presentation. Something else to take into consideration is that ninety-nine percent of the people you'll encounter while out and about are often too wrapped up in their own lives and affairs to care about a guy in high heels, so, just relax, take it easy and enjoy the experience!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

9 hours ago, JeffB said:

It's important to dress appropriately for the surroundings you happen to be in and to blend in as best you can

JeffB is right on!  However I have yet to find a place where a miniskirt and thigh boots with 5" stilettos "blends in"... but I don't let that stop me from occasionally wearing that outfit. :angel:

• Like 2

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

5 hours ago, Thighbootguy said:

JeffB is right on!  However I have yet to find a place where a miniskirt and thigh boots with 5" stilettos "blends in"... but I don't let that stop me from occasionally wearing that outfit. :angel:

Dude - - Your not blending in - - Your being yourself.

Don't let the differences confuse you, but you already knew that.

6 hours ago, Thighbootguy said:

I know a couple of strip joints where you might fit in........

but generally thigh boots with stilettos is to STAND OUT !

• Like 1

Regards

James

11 hours ago, Sydheel said:

I know a couple of strip joints where you might fit in........

but generally thigh boots with stilettos is to STAND OUT !

One advantage of presenting like this is that people do remember me and since I'm generally smiling, happy, and just going about my business while occasionally greeting folks around me, folks seem to form a favorable impression.  This is not an outfit to wear if you want to blend into the crowd.  But if you did, it might be a fun crowd to blend into.

I've never really wanted to go to a strip club and I didn't think the patrons would be the ones in mini skirts and thigh boots, but because of my inexperience in that venue, I might have it all wrong.

To continue and expand the discussion, I'm curious to know among the bolder of us here, and yes, I'm specifically thinking of you, Cat and Jeff, though there may be others who wish to chime in, do people in your workplace and your neighborhood in general know about your unusual fashion choices?

For me personally, people in my small town rarely see me without heels. People who don't know me sometimes stare curiously, as they will, but those who do know me have just come to expect it, and I have learned lately that oftentimes they want to see what I've got on my feet on the instant occasion. I try not to wear the same shoes twice in a row to any given regularly scheduled event. 

Work has been a little tougher. For the past two years, I've worked at a large construction site (approximately 500 workers) as an electrician. Currently, I'm a foreman of a crew of eight. I would say that about 10% of the 500, maybe more, know about my fashion choices, about 3% have actually seen me outside of work, and I have suffered zero negative effects, though but a short year ago, I would have expected the opposite.

I'm just curious to hear other people's experiences in this matter. 

All of my Neighborsare fully aware of my shoe choices and to my knowledge are indifferent about them. I am sure several of my coworkers are aware too. I usually have a pair or two in my vehicle at all times and a few have commented on my shoes as they have seen them through the Windows. I don't wear them in the office as work should have no distractions. 

I too always have a few pairs of pumps, flats and sandals in my car. I wear them always as soon as i get to my car and start to drive.  Once i get home, i slip on my favorite pair of black pumps which i wear on a daily basis at home. 

9 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

do people in your workplace and your neighborhood in general know about your unusual fashion choices?

Being recently retired I no longer have to worry about the workplace (office cubical) but I did wear boots with up to 3" heels under my slacks at the office and most of my co-workers noticed without comment. 

I have two neighborhoods I frequent now days.  The first is all the shops and groceries where I buy stuff, the museum, the nail salon,... any place I go as a customer.  At these locations, I'm always wearing boots with leggings or jeans and quite often wearing a skirt and blouse... nothing from the guys side of the store. I guess I figure that if I'm paying to be here they can tolerate how I dress. The second is the musical venues where I play.  Some are performances where I'm in front of an audience but most are jam sessions where a bunch of folks just get together and trade songs.  Again, I'm always wearing boots, sometimes even my thigh boots with 5" stilettos, but I leave the skirts at home and stick to leggings or jeans. 

I'm still asking myself why I make that distinction for musical venues.  It may be that most of my jammers have been described as "old guys with flannel shirts and pony tails" and I'm not ready/willing to further their fashion education, or it may be that for the jam we sit in a circle and a short skirt would not be practical.  However, no one has made any negative comments about my boots and jeans looks.  One time when someone did mention my boots (black knee high with a block heel) and one of the other guys chimed in, "You haven't seen his stilettos" and that was as far as the conversation went.

So everybody around me knows I wear boots  and a lot know I wear skirts and the sun still rises in the east.

19 hours ago, Rockpup said:

Fun wear: Birthday dinner with husband

Mundane wear: grocery shopping

IMG_6415.JPG

IMG_6416.JPG

I'd love to go grocery shopping in those!  Great black patent pumps!

• Like 1

Well, my better half hates my love of boots, so that is a true problem for us....But, I slip into my boots as soon as we arrive at our layover hotel.  My coworkers know I wear conventional cowboy boots all the time, but don't know about my 5" Jessica Simpson boots, even though I have run into them a few times while at the hotel but they did not notice.

On 10/4/2016 at 9:43 PM, Rockpup said:

Fun wear: Birthday dinner with husband

Mundane wear: grocery shopping

IMG_6415.JPG

IMG_6416.JPG

:bdaycake: Happy Birthday.  Looks like you celebrated in style. :beers:

However I do differ with your opinion of the second pair... those are far from mundane (commonplace, not unusual, and often boring).  I don't think anything with  5" stiletto heel falls into that category.  Those are great shoes, even for such a mundane activity as grocery shopping.

11 hours ago, Thighbootguy said:

:bdaycake: Happy Birthday.  Looks like you celebrated in style. :beers:

However I do differ with your opinion of the second pair... those are far from mundane (commonplace, not unusual, and often boring).  I don't think anything with  5" stiletto heel falls into that category.  Those are great shoes, even for such a mundane activity as grocery shopping.

Yes, I was stating dinner was fun, grocery shopping was mundane :P 

Those Steve Madden pumps are only 4.5", not 5, btw. hehe There used to be an older female employee at that store that would move quickly into a back room if she saw me in heels, but I do not think I've seen her there for quite a while, and have not had an issue. I've also had no-one mention my heels, as compared to times I'd wear a motorcycle suit shopping and would get several comments. 

(formerly known as "JimC")