Glad I found hhplace.org

My name is Carol and I stumbled across this site while shopping for shoes online. There are a lot of interesting topics in the forum section and I look forward to reading them and responding to a few. I live in the U.S. (Florida). I've always been a high heel wearer and perhaps I've found like folk :fine:. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone! Have a good day, Carol

• Like 3

Welcome Miss Carol.  I have been a member at this site for 10+ years.  It is a great place for like minded folks to get together and exchange ideas and experiences.  Hope you enjoy the site as much as I have..  Have fun.....   sf

• Like 1

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Hi again, I guess I should tell you a little about myself. As I said, I found this site while shopping for some new heels. Heels are more of a necessity for me than a want. I'm only 4'10" tall, so you can see I need the height. I just feel better in my heels - more confident I guess. I'm not vain at all; if I were 5'6" I'd probably live in flats!! I am a very conservative dresser and don't prefer make-up, flashy jewelry or anything like that. In fact, I'm really just a plain Jane - except for my shoes.

I am a divorced mother of two teen-age boys (that can be fun, huh!) but I love them dearly. By day I work as a hostess in a large diner and 2 to 3 nights a week I work at my brother-in-laws convenience store as a cashier. It pays the bills. I'm lucky to be in Florida as I can wear slides and don't have to worry about pinching my feet into spikey stilettos, nor do I have to worry about navigating over snow and ice. In fact, I'll see if I can't find a pair of my daily heels and post them here:

http://leatherlustfootwear.com/DELIGHT-601PS-Classic-Mule-Slide-Sandal-With-Platform.html

These are pretty much my everyday shoes. They work perfect for me because the 6 inches puts me up to a mere, but acceptable, 5'4". I have to wear a black skirt at the diner, so black shoes it is. Plus the platform goes a long way in comfort. I've tried heels without a platform and they are killers. The platforms are saviors. I'm probably on my 50th pair!! I don't want to reveal my age, however, I've been wearing heels since high school and I now have teenage sons, so needless to say it's been years.

I hope that gives you an idea of who I am. Please feel free to write back if you have any questions. I am looking forward to going into the forums over the weekend to read and answer some of the posts. Have a good day, Carol

• Like 4

18 hours ago, HeelsWearer said:

I'm really just a plain Jane

Except that your name is Carol. :penitent:

Kidding aside... Welcome to the forum.  It's nice to have a new gal posting as it gives a different perspective to heeling.

If you haven't noticed, gals have the run of this place.  Guys are not allowed to post in the Gals forum so if you post there don't expect a guy to reply, but gals can post anywhere.

I hope you enjoy HHPLACE and remember since its on the internet it all has to be true. :penitent:  Seriously, our moderators do a good job at cat herding and keep this a good place to be.

Again, Welcome to the forum.

• Like 1

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Welvome carol / jane

you will find a lot of things here and as TBG says, all are true (hehe)

there is a wide cross section of humanity here, likes and dislikes, opinions by the cart-full. 

Have fun, be involved. Enjoy!

• Like 1

Regards

James

21 minutes ago, Thighbootguy said:

. :penitent:  Seriously, our moderators do a good job at cat herding and keep this a good place to be..

CAT herding ?   Really ????? 

Welcome Carol,.  Hope to see some posts from you 

CAT 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...