First post - First pair of heels

curiousheels

Hi Everyone,     

I've been reading this forum for a long time now but just recently signed up and this is my first post.  I've been a fan of high heels a long time and I've finally got it in my head that I want to buy a pair.  I was thinking maybe it would be fun if you guys helped me pick out a pair to buy.  The site I was looking at was http://www.shoefreaks.ca and was thinking of something with a 5" heel, I know, go big or go home right?  I figure if I can earn to walk in those I'll be fine.

Of course once you guys help me pick out a pair and I purchase them, I'll post photos so everyone can see them.

Really looking forward to your suggestions and have a great day.

-CH

I admire your confidence to "go big or go home". I have bought numerous shoes from shoefreaks.ca also. I prefer platforms with five inch heels and up. A five inch heel with a platform usually ends up being an average heel rise of 4". These are manageable but also give the illusion of a higher heel. I looked on shoefreaks. A good starter may be something neutral in a closed toe pump ie. As pictured. Good luck on your journey and enjoy your heels. Looking forward to see what you choose.

gorgeous-20-bh_2.jpg

• Like 1

I suppose it depends on what you want to use them for. If you're wanting to go shopping all day, or visit the zoo or something, I would not recommend wearing 5" heels until you have quite a bit of experience under your belt. If you just want to try some for around the house just to try them out and see how you look, then by all means, get what you want. Just know that there is a HUGE difference between walking around the house vs. walking the most ordinary places outside, such as a large parking lot. To get the hang of it out in the real world, I sure would recommend something 3 1/2" or lower to start, and preferably with a sturdy heel. I have made the mistake of going too high, too fast, and not only can it be painful, but it's embarrassing as well, hobbling around.

Yes, I think a 2 number difference is a good place to start, as far as size conversion between U.S. men's and women's shoes. Depends on the brand, and your individual foot.

My heel wearing will be in y home, at least for the foreseeable future.  I guess I wanted a higher heel because I find them more feminine in a way.  I think part of the appeal for me is that clash between masculine and feminine.  To be wearing jeans and a t-shirt then to look down and see a real feminine pair of heels is a neat idea to me.

I too wear mine only around the house or the occasional drive in my car. If you check my collection in members collection I also prefer the femine colors and "sexier styles". I want to retain my masculinity in my clothing styles but to have a femine look with painted toes and great shoes is very satisfying.

If you choose the pleaser brand of shoes...go with the 2 size up rule plus one more size because they usually run a little small. If you are ordering a mule style you might be ok with only going 2 sizes up.

Why buy Pleaser when you can buy more quality shoes like Nine West, Jessica Simpson, even in real leather... at least for me, the thrill is to wear the "real thing", models that normal women would look for, and Pleaser is more "costume" type shoes to me. I apologize for the Pleaser fans, this is just my opinion, and I already owned a pair of Pleaser (Vanity 420). It is OK, but there are much better quality shoes out there for the same price or lower.

These brands I mentioned go up to 12 on many models and not so expensive, it is worth a look. Check Amazon, Ebay, and you will find good deals.

• Like 1