What do you collect?

bailey

Being heel lovers....I assume many of us have our heel collections. A desire to find that next perfect pair of heels. Be it a style you prefer, a certain heel height or a preference in colors. We all have our reasons to collect. I know myself I am unable to just have one collection. 

I just turned fifty this summer but never really grew up. I still have a large collection of diecast vehicles including: farm tractors, semi -transports and muscle cars. My "man cave" is rather full and has to share a space with the other neccessities in the cave. This is part of one of my collections.

What interests you? What do you like to collect (besides heels). 

20160915_135022~2.jpg

Edited by bnchmrk
  • Like 3

Dust rats :biggrin:

J.k.

When I was a lot younger than now (no shit sherlock ;)) I used to collect foreign coins. Now I just collecting money to finance my house restoration. But I'm going to gather some more vinyl discs as well.

Edited by swedeheeler
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, swedeheeler said:

When I was a lot younger than now (no shit sherlock ;)) I used to collect foreign coins

I think you'll get a better song if you reword it. Try, 'When I was younger, so much younger than today, I never needed anybody's help in anyway'.  It scans better, and girls aren't really into coin collecting, well, not foreign coins anyway.

This is a brilliant thread, just what we need.  That's why I like Canadians.  I collect dictionaries in different languages.

• Like 2

On September 18, 2016 at 7:06 AM, Carherine said:

I used to collect beer bottle caps when I was young, but somehow grew out of it. 

My wife and I have been doing this for a while. She is pretty crafty so she has been coming up with different artwork to make out of them.

• Like 1

Supposedly we all live in igloos and like the cold so you must keep them in the freezer....lol. Just kidding...our summers here are average from 23-30 degrees celsius and I hate the cold. This is one Canadian that is no fan of winter.

• Like 1

as said above aside from shoes and boots, I have by default now a collection of film cameras that have become obsolete due to the digital movement which is fairly big. Other collectables include historical  mountaineering books and mountaineering/climbing gear.

5 hours ago, mtnsofheels said:

as said above aside from shoes and boots, I have by default now a collection of film cameras that have become obsolete due to the digital movement which is fairly big. Other collectables include historical  mountaineering books and mountaineering/climbing gear.

I like the sound of the book collection. I used to read all those sorts of books when I was a kid, and imagined myself climbing the big ones in the Himalaya. Did a lot of rock climbing in college, but never went off peak-bagging in real life. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, CATPA80 said:

IMG_4285.JPG

That is a great model!  I am fascinated by tall cranes (maybe that is related to my also liking tall boots :penitent:).  Do you leave that model assembled?

And by the way WELCOME to the forum!  In your Hi from PA topic, tell us a little more about yourself.  If your into boots and heels this is a good place to be.

Edited by Thighbootguy
Welcome message when I noticed this was his second post.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 7:36 PM, Shyheels said:

How did you get into collecting old outboard motors? What constitutes 'old' with outboard motors? What's your oldest?

Well, I grew up on the water, later went to work in a dealership as a technician, then moved on to OMC as an instructor, then a service rep.   I collect 1958 Evinrude outboards....Why so specific you ask?  Times were tough when we were kids, and I have fond memories of my brother and I trying to keep various 1958 Evinrudes running on our little wooden boat.  The engines spent as much time submerged in the salt water as they did on the boat running.  Nonetheless, I have these nice memories with my older brother before he got really interested in girls and went off to college. 

I guess my 1958 Evinrudes are considered "classics", not antiques....Some club members have outboards built in the teens, those are antiques.  Too bad they are not worth any money!

High heelers---

When I was married, my wife and I collected Hard Rock Cafe Pins by the thousands. Also, Department 56- Dickens Houses, Gold, Guns, Afghans,

and we had a 1957 Chevrolet in pristine condition. For 10 years now all I have collected is various styles of 5" high heels.

spikesmike

• Like 1

I used to collect beer cans (after drinking them of course). I think I may have had as many as 150 (all different brands). The trick was to make them appear unopened by using an opener on the bottom of the can instead of pulling the tab. You would be surprised how many people, on picking one up thinking it full, wondered how I got hold of empty cans. After moving from a house into an apartment I had to get rid of them because I no longer had the room to keep them. All I collect now are memories (if the grey cell is working that day).

There is a subtle difference between collecting and accumulating... I tend to fall into the latter.  I have a large accumulation of audio CDs, mostly classical, but my recent mania for accumulating has been boots :penitent:.  There are certain web sites that I now avoid just to keep from adding to the accumulation.  Recently I decided to "organize" the bins of boots so that I could find a pair I wanted to wear (or be inspired to wear).

GEDC1166.jpg

There are still several big bins that didn't fit, and then there are the shoes and booties. :penitent:

• Like 1

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

fascinating topic!!

I must say benchmark you have similar tastes in footwear to mine but those classic tractors are very cool indeed. I have lived in rural areas nearly all of my life so am naturally interested in them. We had a Massey Ferguson when I was a kid here in Wisconsin.

I have collected beer cans since 1975 and have about 4,800 of them. I specialize in 12 ounce US and Canadian flat-top cans or the ones requiring an opener. They were made up until about 1962 when companies starting to transition to the tab top cans and finally the all-aluminum push-button style openers of today. The cans I collect cannot be crushed in one hand. Some of them will not even crush under a car tire! Truly a blast from the past. I also collect some assorted beer signs, trays, tappers, and openers. Now if only I could meet a beer-can-collecting member who loves high heels as well. Peruse the collection in pumps? While away the hours in wedges?  Possibilities are endless.  HappyinHeels

• Like 1