Heeling level?

Spareheels

I am new here and enjoy the community.   My question is what level (1-5) of heeler folks view themselves as and why.   While no detail scale is provided this might lead to some some fun banter.

I will start

I think I am a three  

For a year, I had one pair and sayed inside.   In the last month I have bought two more 4-5" stillito heels black but fem looking and have  gone into restaurants for a quick order at the counter, and walks in busy parking lots, and shopping court yards.  

I think I could raise to a 5 if I wore heels without pants hiding most of the shoe, and the heels were more feminine.

I'm likely a 5. I wear some sort of heel 3-5 days a week. The other times i may wear flats,tennis shoes or sandals. A bit more of the latter in warmer weather. I generally don't cover the heel much unless the outfit calls for it. (boot cut jeans as an example)

• Like 1

well my friend, I say 3 or 4 inch heels for public walking, and 5 inch stiletto heels are best for the party scene, or the nightclub life, I'm sure even the women have told the guys who wear heels in public to do this under there advice.

The criteria seems in need of some clarification 

are we basing our heeling level on

- height of heeks

- how well we walk in them

- do we wear in public

- in what wY do we wear in public, day/night, covered/visible, 

- do we wear at work 

- do we wear with friends family etc

Regards

James

Spareheels,

Some clarification is needed. It seems 1 is no public exposure and 5 is the most, right? I wear heels every day, nearly always around 5", and nearly always with jeans or dress slacks. I may also wear a women's style watch and knit cap and may/may not carry a handbag. It is a mostly androgynous look. I have also dressed completely with dresses or skirts and with wilder and higher heels. SO where do I fit your scale?  HappyinHeels

• Like 1

Well, I wear women's clothes from head to toe on my outings which tend to be infrequent. As for shoes, I've worn everything from flat sandals to five inch heeled thigh boots. Perhaps that makes me a 4 or 5.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Mostly I heel a couple of hours a day, not every day, not in public. So, a 1 or 2 or 1.7?

Greetings Hans.

Edit: if public exposure is the criterium I would be 1.1 for an occasional walk in the dark.

Edited by jhs

well my friend, their is more good things to come, when you wear them in public, and the next step is that, you should try heels on in a expensive shoe shop like louboutin, there are many heel wearing men hear, who have done just that,

Then again, the ridiculous price of Louboutin heels aside, chances are they won't fit on most men. They only go up to what size? EU42 on the small side? And if people think a man trying on heels in stores is weird, a man trying on heels in stores that are way too small for him will only make it look sad.

• Like 2

The more I enjoy heeling the more I realize that a scale is so very individual.   For two months I have been filling my car with gas wearing heels. A commitment I made to myself.  No heeling to gas.   I have been getting very comfortable at that.  But today I wore my pumps,  without socks or nylons as I did not bring socks and my fuel warning  light was on.  Thus it was much more obvious with my pale skin against the black pumps.  Much better looking if you ask me.    New level for me and all went well. 

Side note : lady pumping gas on other side of the pump from me had on some nice high wedges with a zipper down the back.  Cute shoes.  She was so busy on the phone I did not think she would even notice me.   But as I moved around the car doing th Windows, I caught her looking.   What a thrill.  

One day, might just go in and pay. 

On 9/14/2016 at 6:45 PM, Rick24 said:

well my friend, their is more good things to come, when you wear them in public, and the next step is that, you should try heels on in a expensive shoe shop like louboutin, there are many heel wearing men hear, who have done just that,

Agreed Rick 24, yes indeed, I recently did that very thing in Calgary. I tried on a pair of size 41 Louboutin shoes in Holt Renfrew, while they were not pumps or nice stilettos because their shipments were not in for fall boots, it was a great experience. I will be going there again for sure. May even buy some.....maybe...

I think im a 4. 

I normally wear boots with a block heel during the cooler months.  If its dry and warm i like to wear my peeptoe boots which also have a block heel although i do intend to get a pair with a stiletto heel.  my comfort heel size is between 2.75 and 4 inch.

i prefer a block heel over stilettos as they are less prone to wear.  i dont care either way if i hide them although i do intend to stick to darker colours

• 4 weeks later...

I think I moved up a level.  Instead of ordering at the counter and leaving as I usually do,. I recently ordered lunch and sat at the table wearing my 4 inch black pumps.  

A group four men wear sitting diangle to me and as usual they were all texting.  However at one point, one looked my direction and sent a text.  A few seconds later his buddy spun his head around and his eyes went to my feet.    That's it, no issues.    Sure they snuck peeks from time to time , but the shoes looked great so why not.   

The real rush came as I went to leave and the counter was full of folks ordering food.  And I had to work my way between them.  

Great outing. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Spareheels said:

However at one point, one looked my direction and sent a text.  A few seconds later his buddy spun his head around and his eyes went to my feet.

AHHHHHHHHHH... just lamenting the decline of oral conversation. :penitent:

2 hours ago, Spareheels said:

Sure they snuck peeks from time to time , but the shoes looked great so why not.

That is an outstanding attitude!  It does sound like, as you observed, it was a "great outing".

• Like 1

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

On 9/11/2016 at 4:54 AM, mtnsofheels said:

Well if I am not working I am wearing a lot, like a 4, if I am working I am a zero. As overall average I would say 3-4 in the public realm.

I'm the same for the same reasons...

Similar to a few others here, outside of work I openly wear 4"+ heels almost daily, but at work the most I will do is mid-range heel wedge boots that are pretty stealthy.  

Otherwise, I am quite comfortable to walk long distances in them and have been complimented at how well I do in them.  Not sure where that puts me overall.  Maybe 3 to 4 at most.