Age Appropriate?

mlroseplant

CAT, I've got 15 years on you, but I have to say I would have never, ever guessed 50.  Very trim - you must spend some time in the gym - or should a I a great sum of time in the gym - lol.

Unless I have you confused with someone else, I believe you are in the Chicago area, correct?  Where is that cool fountain?  I haven't seen that before.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RonC said:

CAT, I've got 15 years on you, but I have to say I would have never, ever guessed 50.  Very trim - you must spend some time in the gym - or should a I a great sum of time in the gym - lol.

Unless I have you confused with someone else, I believe you are in the Chicago area, correct?  Where is that cool fountain?  I haven't seen that before.

I try to take care of my self as best I can.   A few have commented than I look younger then 50, I fell like 90 lol.   I hate to say that I don't work out like I would like too,  actually not at all!!!!!!  I am very active and part of my job is physical.  

Yes I am in Chicago. The fountain in the pics is located in Wheeling. My girlfriend picked that location on the way out the door.  I think it made a great background. Are you in the Chicago area as well?

Thanks everyone for the interesting and thoughtful replies. I had no idea there was this much interest in the topic. Alas, I don't have any pictures to post of the sort of outfits I wear personally, but maybe I'll get some taken this weekend.

On ‎2016‎-‎09‎-‎04 at 8:19 PM, CAT said:

I just turned the big five-0.  I still think I look pretty good for 50. I do wish I would have started earlier.  I get pozitive compliments all the time.  I would imagine I'm pushing the limit BUT I have no intention of stopping just yet.  Some of my outfits are more age appropriate but as I have said many times before,,,, I always seem to end up in a miniskirt and 6 inch heels fishnets are a favorite but not always appropriate for where we go. I was out with my girlfriend last night, she took the pics.  Last night she was not dressed up as much as me.  You tell me if I look 50,,,, I can take it lol

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

You always look amazing CAT, never thought you were 50. I hope I can still pull off my look when I am 50 confidently!!! Enjoy every moment as long as you are able too, I know I will!!!!

• Like 2

Yes, I can walk in 6.5 inch heels!!!

On 9/9/2016 at 5:49 PM, CAT said:

I try to take care of my self as best I can.   A few have commented than I look younger then 50, I fell like 90 lol.   I hate to say that I don't work out like I would like too,  actually not at all!!!!!!  I am very active and part of my job is physical.  

Yes I am in Chicago. The fountain in the pics is located in Wheeling. My girlfriend picked that location on the way out the door.  I think it made a great background. Are you in the Chicago area as well?

Yes - I now recognize that fountain in Wheeling!  I am west suburban.

XtremeHeels although I am not a fan of fishnets no matter who is wearing them, I just don't care for them myself. What I do like is your leotard top, I am curious who the manufacturer is and if it is still available if you know. The skirt is a little short for my tastes but the overall outfit looks just fine on you.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, hoborob said:

XtremeHeels although I am not a fan of fishnets no matter who is wearing them, I just don't care for them myself. What I do like is your leotard top, I am curious who the manufacturer is and if it is still available if you know. The skirt is a little short for my tastes but the overall outfit looks just fine on you.

It's my post, CAT, not XtremeHeels,,,,. I know the fishnets are too much for some but I seem to end up in them quite a bit.  I have had many compliments on the outfit , the shoes, the top, the fishnets. The bodysuit is from Wolford. Not sure if it's still available but you can look on line.  Pricey but the best on the market. I have many Wolford bodysuits and some other brands. There is no comparison!!!  

• Like 1

Sorry about that Cat. I didn't get back to the original post. I should have known the top was a Wolford, I managed to get a few way back when, when Victoria's Secret carried them for a little while at what was a reasonable price many many many moons ago. Now days if you find a Wolford bodysuit/leotard for under $200 you've done very well. But yes they are about the best out there it's just a shame that they market directly to the higher income folks and deny themselves to the rest of us. But then you can't have everything they say.

• Like 1

Looks comfy and casual to me.

For a little more polished look consider nude hose.  I have really come to like looking down and seeing my legs in hose and heels (or flats).  The even texture hose provide just smooth outs the look of your legs (I guess that's why the gals wear them).  I'm not suggesting all the time wear, but just when you want to spruce up the shorts image image.

• Like 1

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

35 minutes ago, Thighbootguy said:

Looks comfy and casual to me.

For a little more polished look consider nude hose.  I have really come to like looking down and seeing my legs in hose and heels (or flats).  The even texture hose provide just smooth outs the look of your legs (I guess that's why the gals wear them).  I'm not suggesting all the time wear, but just when you want to spruce up the shorts image image.

I agree.  Nude hose and shorts make legs look a lot better.  

Henri

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 0:15 PM, mlroseplant said:

I finally got a picture taken of the outfit that prompted this thread. Certainly a much more casual and less flashy outfit than CAT's. 

IMG_6708.PNG

OK, well there has certainly been many responses to your original post.  I don't know your age, but can say that you look just fine in this picture.  You have a nice figure and have taken good care of yourself, so your age really is not an issue. 

2 hours ago, pebblesf said:

OK, well there has certainly been many responses to your original post.  I don't know your age, but can say that you look just fine in this picture.  You have a nice figure and have taken good care of yourself, so your age really is not an issue. 

I guess I should have divulged my age from that start, as it kind of defeats the purpose of the question if I don't. I'm closer to 49 than I am to 48. 

On 9/19/2016 at 10:15 AM, mlroseplant said:

I finally got a picture taken of the outfit that prompted this thread. Certainly a much more casual and less flashy outfit than CAT's. 

IMG_6708.PNG

Cool Miroseplant, you do look great by the way, comfy and casual. You could also wear skirt with no problems too! The image you portray fits your desires that you wish show. It works just fine.

On 9/8/2016 at 3:42 PM, Sydheel said:

Whilst i agree that we should dress appropriately for our surroundings and climate, we are then further hemmed in by work and social 'norms'. 

Wearing a short skirt as you get older is not in any way different from us blokes wearing heels. 

We who dont want to be judged and fit in to society's stereotypes should not judge others for their expression

my 2 cents

image.jpeg

I am a big fan of this statement thanks for posting it again Sydheels. I think that if you take care of yourself and do care how you look you can wear anything you want at any age. As it has been said many times that if it makes you feel really good wear whatever you want, life is too short to worry what others think. If you wake tomorrow, and you were diagnosed with a terminal illness, would you actually care what people think? Would you want to wear a skirt or short shorts with boots or heels as much as you can in your last days go on this planet ? I certainly would. We should not have to wait until those kind circumstances occur to wear what you want. I really think that nowadays with our current trends and our increasing acceptance we're able to live life to the fullest. We have many more things to worry about than what we wear. My 6 sense worth!

Edited by mtnsofheels
  • Like 1

Here is one Fashion Ladies website link that talks about wearing age appropriate shorts and skirts. She in her 60's talks about her opinion of what is and what is not appropriate with hints of do what you want. She also has other articles in which she talks about boots and shoes what to wear with comments which I find interesting / helpful. While it is good reading I still believe in wearing what you want because you can.

http://www.boomerinas.com/2013/08/06/dressing-your-age-what-women-over-45-shouldnt-wear/

http://www.boomerinas.com/2015/08/28/7-fall-boot-trends-2015-hip-footwear-to-wear-and-to-avoid/

http://www.boomerinas.com/2012/09/29/how-to-wear-ankle-boots-with-skinny-jeans-leggings-or-shorts-older-women/

Edited by mtnsofheels

Just now, CAT said:

I assume for some my day time outfits are a little more age appropriate by some . Here's what I wore out for shopping during the day 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

But still find my night out outfits more fun!!! 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Just amazing. Your heels looks longer than usual? Love the heels.:fine:  You must have smooth undamaged legs. Doubt i could get away wearing those hose with gentle nicks and old scars on my shins and calf over the years. 

Don't know how you do it? Being so bold more than not woman don't shop in formal wear like your wearing, unless they're coming from the office. Even a woman wearing what you are would feel a bit out of sorts or at the very least stared upon at her sharp wardrobe liking it or not. Seen this phenomenon before a solely sharp dressed woman almost exactly as your pictures show in the woman's department while everyone around is casually dressed in leggings, tight jeans flat shoes, staring maybe envious what she is wearing.   Thought to myself wow, she certainly gotten attention from everyone around closely observing reactions from everyone looking upon her. 

What i learned over the years women prefer to shop in leggings and tank top, maybe oversized sweater depending on the climate flip flops or flat knee high boots. The reason being they can change in and out of clothes their deciding to buy without touching their skin such as shorts, pants, skirts, dress etc.. Makes for easy and quick change without taking off much or getting some sort of skin rash from others trying on lets say a pair of skin tight jeans... 

You must get people glaring stunned looking at you. Heck, even when i wear some humble 3 or 4 inch block heel booties some woman instantly stare upon my shoes when they hear the click clack on the hard marble floors at a department store while their shopping. Takes a lot for a woman to be distracted looking at the display of clothes and turning their head towards me.:happy:

Know a woman 60 years old also afraid to wear clothes that look sexy and young. Trying to convince her she has a great body and that most woman would die for. How do i get through to her. 

Want to poke fun at her saying, "did they hire  a younger version that looks exactly like you the other week, with great legs and body, wearing gold stripe black running tights, hair exactly the same" (sarcastically knowing it was her, trying for her to guess it was indeed (her) 60 year old not someone else). 

Edited by MackyHeels

9 hours ago, CAT said:

I assume for some my day time outfits are a little more age appropriate by some . Here's what I wore out for shopping during the day

image.jpeg

Damn son you do that well. :angel:

I actually like your day "shopping" look better then your "night time" look.

A nice pair of gloves might hide the thumb mishap. Not many folks are wearing gloves as a fashion accessory now days so it might be an interesting experiment.

You said that you tend to go shopping in new places all the time, whereas I tend to go to the same places and the folks in the store (staff and customers) really expect me to be wearing heels and a skirt or leggings.  I was wondering if you considered being a "regular" shopper in some store just to build up a relationship with the staff?  I find it quite useful in that the staff really do go out of their way to be helpful.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.