New in California

Been wearing 5inch heels at home for years.  Just started wearing in public with my male clothes.  Quite fun.  

Typicaly wear when going to lunch. Not sure folks see as my jeans are long but I know and enjoy.  

Need to to get some pumps as it takes too long to take on and off when on lunch break.   But I love the straps....

Welcome to the forum.

As you have discovered public heeling is great fun, especially in 5" heels.

2 hours ago, Spareheels said:

Not sure folks see as my jeans are long but I know and enjoy.

Some folks probably do notice your heels but if you're wearing them confidently (which it sounds like you are) they will respect that confidence and let you enjoy yourself.

Do tell us a little more about yourself and your heeling experiences.

Enjoy your heels.

By the way you can include California in the Country in your profile.

Edited by Thighbootguy

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

More about me.  Have been dabbling in cd for about five years.   Wife knows about most.  I can still be more honest.   Heels have been fun as a great way to not be the same ol clothes.  While I love my strappy red heels, they are hard to wear out as red is such a bold color.  My black heels, non boot, are easier as the blend with my clothes despite the wonderful click clack as I walk.     

I  enjoy woodworking, and recently teaching myself how to weld  

I like to to give myself safe dares.  Current one is to only fill my car with gas while in heels.   So exciting when running low.   

Does   anyone else have such routine dares for themselves?  

Next is to have lunch out all week but I must go in the restaurant in heels   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Spareheels said:

like to to give myself safe dares.  Current one is to only fill my car with gas while in heels.   So exciting when running low.   

Welcome !

like most you've started slow and becoming more adventurous as you go on. I like the dares idea, gives you a goal to aim for, and im sure youll find that as you progress from 1 dare to the next that they will become less "safe" as you would describe it.

as each dare pushes the boundaries a little further i sense that in less than a years time those strappy red shoes will likely be getting worn out and about.  

GO ON !

I DARE YOU !

James

Regards

James

@Spareheels - With woodworking, CD, and heels, you sound like a kindred spirit as I have similar interest.

8 hours ago, Spareheels said:

I like to to give myself safe dares.

This sounds like fun providing that you (or your wife) are the one giving the dare or setting the goals.  You have started on a journey that can be fraught with problems so go slow and carefully, but having said that, enjoy the trip.  Make sure that when you go out you are comfortable with and really like the look you are presenting.  That is the only way to be confident, and if your not confident others will question your presentation.

HHPLACE is a great community of folks that love heels and sharing stories about their heeling, but let me offer a word of caution.  Don't fall into the trap of doing something (a  dare) just to have something about which to write a post.  With this well meaning and supportive community, that is easy to do (been there done that).

Enjoy your journey, and it is more fun in heels.

Afterthought:

The moderators of HHPLACE do a great job of keeping this a good place for all (family included) to visit.  Please review the guidelines;

click Browse > Guidelines and note rule 13 on posting about CD stuff.  Skirts and dresses seem to be tolerated but full CD is not.

Edited by Thighbootguy
Afterthought

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Bay Area just south of San Francisco.  Was pushing myself to heel on BART today. Our subway for folks around the world. Sadly chickened out.   Might have been better as I would have stood on the train and there was a sudden stop.  Would have been hard to keep balance with heels on. LOL. 

13 minutes ago, Spareheels said:

Bay Area just south of San Francisco.  Was pushing myself to heel on BART today. Our subway for folks around the world. Sadly chickened out.   Might have been better as I would have stood on the train and there was a sudden stop.  Would have been hard to keep balance with heels on. LOL. 

@Spareheels I am over in Fremont at the moment. I have been in Burlingame before. Are you near there? Yeah, I've ridden BART and unless you're sitting down, I don't recommend wearing the heels. I've been trying to find someone out here to meet up with for a bit of heeling, even if it's just dinner. I brought some nice boots with me, alas I haven't found anyone yet.

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Fremont is a great city.  The DSW has wonderful shoes and the Nordstrom rack next door has a great selection of hosiery to accent the shoe.  

Great boots in the photo.  Very distinctive heel, yet a more male boot toe shape so you don't stand out.   

Did some heeling in Santa Clara Friday. My heart was racing as I was ordering at the counter.  I stayed brave even with four adults sitting right behind me.   As I got my straw my for my drink my fingers trembling.  No one saw that, but based on the wispers, I think they noticed.     No big deal . 

My safety spot is still with the car not far away. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Urgh!  Well truth is truth.  Actually measured my heels today.  Strappy pair is 4" and pump is 3.5.  

Sorry to mislead.  I thought they were 5".  Still have more practice to do.   Might explain why I was taking to heels so well. 

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 2:05 AM, Spareheels said:

More about me.  Have been dabbling in cd for about five years.   Wife knows about most.  I can still be more honest.   Heels have been fun as a great way to not be the same ol clothes.  While I love my strappy red heels, they are hard to wear out as red is such a bold color.  My black heels, non boot, are easier as the blend with my clothes despite the wonderful click clack as I walk.     

I  enjoy woodworking, and recently teaching myself how to weld  

I like to to give myself safe dares.  Current one is to only fill my car with gas while in heels.   So exciting when running low.   

Like everyone says, don't set unrealistic goals "dares" that might actually be a set back for you....There is nothing worse than feeling trapped, or the need to retreat quickly, which of course, can be difficult in heels.  Getting fuel in heels is a realistic goal, maybe start out at night.  Be sure you are wearing heels that you can handle, don't attempt to go public in heels you can not handle confidently....I know, this is very frustrating, we all want to hit the streets in 5" heels.  You will be rewarded with a little more confidence with each adventure.  And yes, I still want to challenge myself more all the time.  But, I also know that setting unrealistic goals in heels you can not handle confidently can be a major set back....

I would love to meet up with guys in California for heeling adventures.  I work for the airlines and layover in LA often, sometimes in SFO and SAN as well....Don