Visit to store in SE Michigan

HappyinHeels

Hi All,

I forgot to post a visit I made upon returning from Pennsylvania in late May. I paid a visit to Janet's Closet in Wyandotte which is in suburban Detroit south of the downtown area and close to I-75. The idea became viable when I saw the store was only 40 miles north of the Ohio Tpke at closest encounter so I made it happen. I left PA and calculated my arrival around 4:45 pm and the store closes at 6 pm on weekdays. I arrived at about 4:40 pm and spent around 40 minutes there. I wore the usual bootcut jeans, some Soda cognac 5.5" wedge sandals, a polo shirt, and had my usual travel handbag. I was warmly greeted and looked around settling on a dress and some hosiery. They have a  full bathroom with a tub there where people can change and try on things. 

I mention this as it yet another place where any of us could stop in our travels while wearing your favorite footwear and nobody will run for the exits or give you the death stare. So many of our forum members are uneasy enough as it is but knowing there's is another "friendly" retail place I believe helps the overall effort.

I ended up going west on I-94 all the way through southern Michigan instead of heading back to the Ohio Tpke which saved me over $12 in tolls heading back through Chicago. In encourage any of you to check them out.  HappyinHeels

• 2 weeks later...

I went in with typical shopping attire; bootcut jeans, a pink polo shirt, my Soda 5.5" wedge sandals, and matching handbag and looked around. I looked at the shoes and they had all the styles up to size 12 and some to 13 but nothing caught my eye. I spotted a tan/black/white shorter dress in size 14 and tried it on in their spacious bathroom which has a  bathtub, and a long mirror for makeovers and such. I always carry a backup pair of heels in my bag for such occasions as this or just in case I want to change the mood. I tried the dress on with my JS Carlow sandals and loved the look. I kept the Carlow sandals on as I finished shopping. I also bought two pairs of Burkhardt thigh high hosiery. Overall I highly recommend a stopover.

One piece of information is they no longer take people out to clubs where alcohol is served. They'll do the same thing if it's say to go to a restaurant or a movie but I was told they no longer do it as they are a retail store and their license doesn't cover that. They did say however the owner (Janet) can evaluate cases individually. I would imagine if one really wanted to be taken around, but agreed NOT to drink, then that may be fine.

HappyinHeels