Keeping loose fabric boots up

I have a several pairs of fabric boots that have a fold over top.  When worn with jeans these boots will stay up on my legs but when worn with hose the boots will slide down to my ankles.  I have ankle booties I can wear if I want that look.  I wanted these boots to stay up when I was wearing hose so, remembering my Army days when I wore boot blousers (an elastic band that your wore around your ankle that you could tuck your pant leg under so the pant leg was flush with the top of your boots without being in you boots) I made a pair out of a couple rubber bands and a paper clip.  I had tried sewing a piece of elastic in the back of the top of the shaft but it wouldn't hold the boots up.  I selected rubber bands that weren't too tight but still tight enough to hold the boots up.

GEDC0829.jpg

The top o the shaft folds down to hide the rubber band.

GEDC0830.jpg

I wore this outfit to Sam's and an auto parts store and the boots stayed up comfortable the whole time.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

here's an idea for you.....find you some wide plastic tie straps that are as long(or longer) as the boots are tall......cut off the end that you poke the strap through to secure it.....align the strap with the back seam on the inside of the boot and secure it  so it will stay in place, then cover it with a piece of material as long as the strap is and 2-3x wide and sew it in place, you will have the center back seam and 2 seams on either side for  professional look and the boot will appear to have been made that way.If you have enough room in the boot, the strap can extend all the way down past the inner heel counter to the insole....secure the strap to the counter, then cut 2 thin pieces of leather to put on either side of the strap,then cut 1 piece of thin leather to cover up the strap and small pieces on either side by 3/4 inch....this covers the strap and keeps it from digging into your heel when you wear the boots......what I am describing is like a stay in a corset that will assist in holding the fabric up,not letting it sag and still be flexible...strap on inner heel counter can also be covered up with a peel and stick heel cushion.........just an idea for you.

2 hours ago, crotchhiguy said:

here's an idea for you.....

Thanks for the idea.  I did think of adding some boning material (but I did not think of the plastic straps) but these boots are slip on boots with no side zipper so running a seam on the shaft is a problem.  I will keep the idea in mind the next time I need to make something more upstanding.

I may stop in an Army Surplus store and see if they have any real boot blousers as I have these same boots in gray and tan.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.