Goodbye

Core Collection 4.25 inch (3).JPGCore Collection 4.25 inch (2).JPGMiss Selfridge 6 inch (2).JPGCore Collection 4.25 inch with Fishnet stockings.JPGNew Look 5.5 inch (2).JPGNew Look 5.5 inch with Fishnet stockings.JPGMiss Selfridge 6 inch with seamed stockings.JPGNew Look 5.5 inch.JPGSadly I have decided to hang up my high heels for a number of reasons.. It is not a decision taken likely and I am likely to visit my usual high heel shops that I may be in to try on what they have to offer. Can't do cold turkey. The last heels to be disposed of are pictured. The pink gladiator style sandals were my all time favourites. Very comfortable and wore them in public on occasions - 4.25". Nude sandals 5.5" Pink heels with blue & orange straps 6".  At least I have the photographs and memories

Edited by barryl
Additional photograph
  • Like 1

That is a hard decision to undertake...And all those Sandals are Gorgeous!         Never stop going to the shoe store it is very relaxing.  

Given that NONE of those shoes pictured even fit you properly, it comes across as a poorly executed fashion venture, so probably not a bad idea to ditch them.

Maybe if you actually got some footwear that fits properly and doesn't make you look like a cheap hooker?

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

16 hours ago, Tech said:

Given that NONE of those shoes pictured even fit you properly, it comes across as a poorly executed fashion venture, so probably not a bad idea to ditch them.

Maybe if you actually got some footwear that fits properly and doesn't make you look like a cheap hooker?

I agree with Tech... not in his critique of barryl's shoes but in his postscript statement, " I'm as blunt as a baseball bat cutting through glass."

Just think want a fun place this would if we all posted unsolicited brazen critiques of shoes we wouldn't ourselves wear.  Certainly criticism has it place, it generally improves what we do, but I also balance that with what my grandmother taught me about public criticism, "If you can't say something nice..." .  

I would like to thank everyone for their continued restraint.

• Like 3

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

No one on this website has the right to criticise another member,s choice of footwear. It not easy for men to wear shoes designed for a woman's foot. If you buy them online, you have no way of trying them on before you buy, I know you could just return them,free of charge if bought fron an online shop not so easy from Ebay. Having a look at those photos posted here I can't see why they don't fit very well. I like the last pair that shown. We all have different tastes in what we like to wear hence shoe shops having a huge selection of footwear in differant styles.

Last year I posted a pair of me wearing a pair of heels and on seeing the photos I could see they didn't fit well.  Another member on here also  criticised me for wearing. them. He had no right to do so. Since then I have bought at least 10 pairs of high heels. I have only posted two pairs on here and that is  with out me wearing them. I had a look at his profile and as far I could tell never posted any photos and when he did post some, I thought to myself what a load of rubbish. Never criticise another person on here or in real life as you can be epected to be criticised back.  No one's prefect

Rant ov.er

• Like 1

"No one on this website has the right to criticise another member,s choice of footwear."

Yes they do. Anybody is free to express their opinions or offer feedback or criticisms, Blimey, were not all wrapped in bubble wrap. If you are going to do something a bit controversial, and do it badly, don't expect the world to praise you for fear of offending everybody. I'm happy for others to criticise me, its how I improve and reflect on what I do, and I openly welcome it at all times. I constantly train to become a better person both in my coaching, teaching and all round.

"Last year I posted a pair of me wearing a pair of heels and on seeing the photos I could see they didn't fit well.  Another member on here also  criticised me for wearing. them. He had no right to do so."

NONSENSE, get a reality check, and quickly too... Everybody has the right to tell you what they think when you openly share your pictures. If you dont want to hear it, or want to absolutely gaurantee the possibility of anything that is not praise, then dont throw yourself into the spotlight, simple. Every member has the right to express their opinions. So long as nobody is attacking you or insulting you personally, then its all just banter.

"Never criticise another person on here or in real life as you can be epected to be criticised back.  No one's prefect."

Wow, that has to be the most "hide in the cupboard" thing I have ever heard in all my life. What a sheltered like that would cause. A life without improvement, a life without new challenges and a life without any fun or reward. WOW... Seriously, this is just a crazy thing to say. Sure nobody is perfect, but without any feedback/criticism/opinions, how the heck can anybody be expected to improve?

Were adults, and if you need everything sugar-coated for you, then you must be finding life itself pretty damn tough..

HHPlace is NOT the "Happy holidays BS" club where everybody has to be scared of offending anybody... So what if something looks like crap, and somebody tells you it looks like crap? Really, so what? Would you rather hear it honestly from somebody who understands what you are trying to do or would you rather be ripped to shreds in public and have all of your fellow friends face-palming because you just stuck another nail in the coffin of the cause by doing something so badly?

I'm with TBG's grandmother....This website represents folks in many different stages of confidence, heeling experience, and fashion preferences.  While criticism can be helpful, words can be counter productive, I'm sure there are some that have left this site and dove back into shame partially due to negative reactions. 

Generally speaking, we all have different fashion preferences, I surely don't react negatively when I see/read things that are not aligned with my heeling preferences.   Words should be chosen carefully, we are not here to discourage folks new to heeling.  This is not to say that I always disagree with the negative reactions I read here, but I do sometimes strongly disagree with the words used and the tone of the messages. 

• Like 1

This does depends who is criticising you at the tme. I have alot of respect for some members on here and  if they were to criticise me then I might take some notice of what have to say.  I also agree if you have nothing good to say then don't say it.

• Like 1

All said as Banter between friends... This is a hobby, not a job, so shouldnt be taken so seriously.

Nobody was knocking the fact that he chose to wear heels, only the choice of heels..

No different to any of your mates rocking up in a new hat that just looks terrible.. You not having a crack at them for wearing a hat, but you will have a crack at them if it clearly doesnt fit properly at all and is covered in plastic fruit and noisy bells to go for a quiet drink in the pub...

If your friend says they are getting rid of their crazy hat collection, you might say "Good idea, they looked mental anyway"..

Your not saying "Yeah hats are not for you", your just saying "THOSE style of hats have there place, and you are never in it"

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tech said:

All said as Banter between friends... This is a hobby, not a job, so shouldnt be taken so seriously.

Nobody was knocking the fact that he chose to wear heels, only the choice of heels..

No different to any of your mates rocking up in a new hat that just looks terrible.. You not having a crack at them for wearing a hat, but you will have a crack at them if it clearly doesnt fit properly at all and is covered in plastic fruit and noisy bells to go for a quiet drink in the pub...

If your friend says they are getting rid of their crazy hat collection, you might say "Good idea, they looked mental anyway"..

Your not saying "Yeah hats are not for you", your just saying "THOSE style of hats have there place, and you are never in it"

Now that is the most sensible thing you've said in months.  .  . errrrrr, mate!

13 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

Now that is the most sensible thing you've said in months.  .  . errrrrr, mate!

Everything I say is sensible, it just depends on the level of understanding its read with :-)

• Like 1

Poorly fitted shoes can easily be explained by lack of options. Above a certain size choice in heeled footwear decreases dramatically. And at least strappy sandals allow for larger sizes to squeeze in.

7 hours ago, Chorlini said:

Poorly fitted shoes can easily be explained by lack of options. Above a certain size choice in heeled footwear decreases dramatically. And at least strappy sandals allow for larger sizes to squeeze in.

You have seen the first post in this thread right? "Poorly fitted shoes" / "Strappy sandals allow for larger sizes to squeeze in"..

If you weigh 300 pounds / 200kg / Too many stones and whatever's, you can still fit into spandex.. You definately shouldnt expect to look your best, nor boast about about it, but sure, its doable.. Like skydiving without a parachute.. Possible, but definately a really bad idea...

If you really have to squeeze youself into something poorly fitted because its far too small, thats natures way of saying "This will look great anywhere, just not on you"...

1 minute ago, Tech said:

You have seen the first post in this thread right? "Poorly fitted shoes" / "Strappy sandals allow for larger sizes to squeeze in"..

If you weigh 300 pounds / 200kg / Too many stones and whatever's, you can still fit into spandex.. You definately shouldnt expect to look your best, nor boast about about it, but sure, its doable.. Like skydiving without a parachute.. Possible, but definately a really bad idea...

If you really have to squeeze youself into something poorly fitted because its far too small, thats natures way of saying "This will look great anywhere, just not on you"...

There's a difference between thinking you can still fit into spandex when you're overweight and look hot and trying to fit into a pair smaller size shoes, because those are the only ones you can get. Because they actually make spandex outfits for people that big, they don't make a lot of high heels for larger feet. One is necessity, the other is delusion.

Will it look daft in both cases? Probably, Although people in general will have few problems with people wearing shoes that are too small for the feet inside. A morbidly obese women in tight spandex will make a lot more people groan in disgust and be struck with perpetual blindness.

And I have seen the OP and I don't think its hardly on the same page as an overweight person in tight spandex. Not even on the same continent.

Neither items are a necessity...  I wasnt for 1 minute likening the OP to an overweight person in spandex.. Man you guys just cannot do banter can you...

By the way, your profile is in need of updating. Sex/Location missing. Long overdue is an understatement.

• 2 weeks later...