Sign in to follow this  
hoborob

Loading Pages

Question

I have noted that recently if you change pages within a topic the new page has suddenly stopped loading by itself for me. I get the Loading balloon and then nothing, Refreshing the screen loads the new page though. Is this the way it now is or has a software bug developed or been introduced to the board?

• Like 1

8 answers to this question

Hi Guys

Anybody want to give me some info on how to replicate the problem?

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "Change pages within a topic"?

Instead of all just chiming in with "Me too" folks, how about probiding some actual information I can use, like web browsers, operating systems etc?

Nothing worse than getting a problem that doesn't make sense with no explanation of what happens followed by bandwagon jumpers who only say "Me too".

I cant read minds, nor am I a stalker, so am not looking over your shoulder.. You need to paint a very accurate picture for me.

The issue pops up for me when I'm in a post that have multiple pages. When I get to the bottom and try to go to the next page of the post I get the loading balloon that I expect but then I sit and wait with nothing happening. If I hit Next and then hit F5, it loads right up. This just started happening a couple of days ago.

Ahhh, I see it now. It will be 1 of 2 things..

I had to change the Google ads to be "responsive" instead of fixed sizes, that was about a week ago'ish now, so it could be that.

I'll test it later by removing them and see what happens.

OK, I found it is being caused by these new "responsive" Google ads. Soon as I disable them the problem goes away. Enabled and the problem starts instantly.

Will get onto the developer to fix this.

All fixed. Problem sorted :-)

Feel free to buy me a coffee as it is almost 3am :-)