Where do you draw the line?

hhboots

Where do you draw the line?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Do you only wear the items below in privacy, or public (and how often)?

• Privacy Only
    • Public (rarely)
    • Public (sometimes)
    • Public (quite often)
    • Public (full time)
  2. 2. Do you wear heels only?

• I don't wear heels.
    • I wear heels only (primarily with regular men's clothing).
    • I wear heels with a variety of other feminine items (covered in more detail below).
  3. 3. If you wear heels, do you also wear women's pants/trousers, leggings, short shorts, skirts?

• Women's bootcut or straight leg jeans worn to help cover up my heels.
    • Women's bootcut or straight leg jeans because they go nicely with with my heels.
    • Women's tigher fitting pants/trousers and skinny jeans.
    • Women's thin fabric leggings/jeggings/yoga pants.
    • Significantly shorter shorts than most men (inseam less than 6 inches or above mid-thigh).
    • Heels with any medium length shorts (typically within a few inches of knee length).
    • Shorter skirts, above the knee.
    • Longer skirts knee length or below.
    • I wear heels with just regular fit men's pants.
  4. 4. Do you shave your legs or do any other body grooming?

• I do not shave or groom any of my body hair.
    • I trim some of my body hair.
    • I do a variety of body grooming (trim some body hair, shave/remove some body hair).
    • I keep my legs mostly hairless, and not much else.
    • I remove a majority of my body hair.
    • I remove all body hair.
    • I naturally have almost no body hair (or it is very thin, light colored body hair)
  5. 5. Do you paint your nails (feet, hands, both)?

• I do not paint any of my nails.
    • I occasionally paint my nails.
    • I always have painted nails.
    • I have painted toe nails, but normally cover them up in public.
    • I have painted toe nails and have shown them in public on occasion.
    • I have painted toe nails, and show them off very often.
    • I have painted finger nails occasionally.
    • I always have painted finger nails.
    • I wear primarily clear coat or nude/skin colors.
    • I wear more obvious/bolder colors.
  6. 6. Do you wear women's blouses, and any other women's accessories

• I normally dress as a man from the waist up.
    • I have occasionally worn a women's top.
    • I wear a women's blouse/top often.
    • I wear a women's blouse/top most of the time or all of the time.
    • I accessorize with a purse or other women's handbag.
    • I accessorize with other feminine items not listed here.
  7. 7. Do wear women's undergarments?

• I do not wear any women's undergarments.
    • I only wear women's underwear when I wear tighter pants so the underwear does not show.
    • I occasionally wear women's underwear.
    • I always wear women's underwear.
    • I wear hosiery, under trousers.
    • I wear hosiery and show it with skirts, shorts, etc.
  8. 8. Do you wear any cosmetics on your face when going in public?

• No makeup or cosmetics are worn in public.
    • Occasional makeup is worn.
    • I wear very little makeup.
    • I wear barely detectable lip cosmetics (lip moisturizer, lip balm, lip primer, lip polish, lip liner, lip tint, or similar).
    • I wear lipstick that can be seen (more obvious).
    • I wear full face makeup/cosmetics
  9. 9. Do you present yourself more as a man or woman, or somewhere in between?

• I present myself as a man, 100%
    • I present myself as a man, that likes to wear heels, and that is it.
    • I wear more feminine items below the waist, but maintain a men's look from the waist up.
    • I wear mostly women's clothing from top to bottom, but still try to maintain a men's appearance.
    • I tend to go for an androgynous look overall.
    • I present myself more as a woman.
    • Other option, not listed here.

I do not recall if this question has been asked, maybe similar, but not exactly this question.  I want to put it in as a poll, I hope it works out ok and hopefully no one takes any offence to anything stated here.

The question is:  where do you draw the line in terms of how you present yourself in public, or maybe you don't wear any of this in public?

I personally, dress up only part time. I wear mostly heels with bootcut jeans in colder weath, but these past two years, I have become a bit more daring in the summer, wearing open sandals with painted toe nails at least 1-2 times per week, which is a significant new thing for me, and it feels liberating! :)  I still present myself overall as a man, and I do not expect that will ever change.  I know this 'line' I mention here can be somewhat blury for some folks and may move back and forth over time, I know it has for me.  Anyway, here goes:

Do you only wear the items below in privacy, or public?
If you do so in public, is it every day, or just part of the time?
Do you wear heels only?
Do you add to that women's bootcut jeans because they go nicely with heels?
Do you wear other feminine pants that are skin tight (leggings/jeggings, skinny jeans, yoga pants, etc)?
Do you wear feminine undergarments of any sort (including hosiery, etc)?
Do you wear skirts or short shorts?
Do you shave your legs or do any other body grooming?
Do you paint your nails (feet, hands, both)?
Do you wear blouses or other tops designed for women?
Do you accessorize with a purse?
Do you put on any makeup/cosmetics?
Do you feel that you present yourself overall more as a man or woman?

Edited by hhboots

I realize that this is a general poll, but the reason I didn't put public full time is because I simply can't wear heels at work, as it isn't allowed in construction. Otherwise, I'm pretty much in heels all the time.

3 minutes ago, mlroseplant said:

I realize that this is a general poll, but the reason I didn't put public full time is because I simply can't wear heels at work, as it isn't allowed in construction. Otherwise, I'm pretty much in heels all the time.

Same here - - - Steel mills and High Heels just don't work.

Question #3 - I will wear short skirts around the house, but I've limited my outing to items that are more traditional to men even though they may be from the other side of the aisle.

• Like 2

The 1st item seems to be missing a subject. Whats the point of this poll anyway. Most of us who are professional don't put heels above our paycheck. Public heel wearing all the time for me and yes coworkers are aware but work place is about work not about me or me pushing the envelope. 

@Jkrenzer Yeah, sorry I was hoping that my first post was going to be placed ABOVE the poll so it made more sense, but the formatting put it below the poll. 

If you read it with my post first, the poll might a bit make more sense...   I agree, the way it is formatted right now didn't quite work out how I had hoped.  :(    Bummer

I don't color my nails but I do visit a salon every two weeks to have four nails, which have acrylic nails applied, filled (always available guitar picks).  I always wear heels (at least) to the salon.

GEDC0161.jpg

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Very interesting survey. As someone who lives as a woman now full time, its only been a few years since i would occasionally wear men's shirts. Shirts and jackets were my last male wear. I don't own any guys shoes but i do have some women's shoes that are fairly masculine such as Oxfords.

I have to wear work boots, but I wear heels to and from work. And I wear a nice dress, heels, and pearls if I have somewhere to go important after work. 

I like knee and otk boots and that is exactly where I draw the line. Nothing more. Nothing fetishy about it, no interest in crossdressing in any way, I just like the styling of tall boots and since tall fashion boots tend to be found on the women's aisle, there we go. Boots, jeans and jumper. Low heels. Because I work from a home office, when I am not travelling, I can wear what I please. 

Thread locked. This topic is not suitable for HHPlace. This is not a TV/CD/TG website, and do we SERIOUSLY need to know about undergarments?

Some folk really need a reality check in what is suitable discussion for a family friendly website.

• Like 1

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!