Best shoe style for outing?

swedeheeler

On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 5:17 PM, RonC said:

These were the boots I wore for my first real public outing.  I had worn other shoes outside, but never really in public.  I went shopping with these on and thought that everyone in the world would notice, despite by long jeans that covered most of the heel.  But honestly, no one noticed that I am aware of, and if they did, nothing was said and I evoked no laughter or comments.  I eventually wore some narrower (but still chunky) and higher heels as in the second photo, and I also have had a few pairs of loafer style block heels that I wear on occasion.  As much as I'd like to wear a sexy pair of black patent pumps as in my avatar, at my age and overall appearance, it's just not going to happen...lol.  Stick with what you feel comfortable wearing - both physically and mentally.  Take it only as far as you desire to take it - that is the best advice I can offer.  The world will not end if you wear heels in public - nor will life as you know it.  

Boot.jpgDSC03141.JPG

Those are great boots for getting out and about....The heels are totally manageable, they look great, and probably don't make a lot of noise.....Great with the jeans too

On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 4:45 PM, swedeheeler said:

Well. I want to start with something subtle to gain some nerves for coming along with more visible stuff as I gathering more courage. To be honest. Back in north Sweden folks are more judging for this kinda "behaviour" as many people still stuck in the 20th century.

Thats why I want some discrete to start with. But it will take a while. Have to practice more heeling.

I hear ya buddy....Definitely find some discrete heels, don't forget to frequent thrift stores...Start slow, perhaps driving to the gas station, build up your public heeling time just a little bit at a time.  I truly know and understand how you feel concerning judgemental folks, just please believe us when we tell you that most people really don't have the time, and don't care enough to notice.  We are so nervous, we just assume everyone is watching/judging us. 

On 3 June 2016 at 9:45 PM, swedeheeler said:

Well. I want to start with something subtle to gain some nerves for coming along with more visible stuff as I gathering more courage. To be honest. Back in north Sweden folks are more judging for this kinda "behaviour" as many people still stuck in the 20th century.

Thats why I want some discrete to start with. But it will take a while. Have to practice more heeling.

A pitt. One tends to think of Swedes as being more progressive and tolerant than most. 

18 hours ago, Shyheels said:

A pitt. One tends to think of Swedes as being more progressive and tolerant than most. 

Mostly. But it depends where in the country you live. South sweden. You'll blend in. North sweden. Depending where you live. I live in a small village out on the country in the north of sweden.

I believe my parents know, but I'm not sure. Wont ask either ;) (they live not far from me, within 5 miles)

Yes we do have polar bears on the streets :lol:;) 

Edited by swedeheeler

3 minutes ago, swedeheeler said:

Mostly. But it depends where in the country you live. South sweden. You'll blend in. North sweden. Depending where you live. I live in small community out on the country.

I guess so. I had an assignment in a remote part of Norway a few years ago and was amazed by the curtain-twitchers when I walked down the street of this little village.  It was kind of unsettling.

1 hour ago, Shyheels said:

I guess so. I had an assignment in a remote part of Norway a few years ago and was amazed by the curtain-twitchers when I walked down the street of this little village.  It was kind of unsettling.

Yeah. Not that bad here. Or is it? People can start talk negative sh*t here where I live.

I can understand your feeling. The whole way. But if you did same thing in Stockholm the capital of Sweden or Gothenburg or Malmö for that part no one would even care.

Or what do you say about that @4608?

Edited by swedeheeler

15 minutes ago, swedeheeler said:

Yeah. Not that bad here. Or is it? People can start talk negative sh*t here where I live.

I can understand your feeling. The whole way. But if you did same thing in Stockholm the capital of Sweden or Gothenburg or Malmö for that part no one would even care.

Or what do you say about that @4608?

I am from a small village originally myself, but I couldn't believe the scrutiny everybody - not just strangers - was exposed to in this tiny fishing village on this remote island in Lofoten.  It was almost comical. If I saw it on a TV show I'd say the directors over-did it. 

I thought you were from somewhere like Gothenburg and so was surprised by your descriptions of insularity and close-mindedness 

3 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

I am from a small village originally myself, but I couldn't believe the scrutiny everybody - not just strangers - was exposed to in this tiny fishing village on this remote island in Lofoten.  It was almost comical. If I saw it on a TV show I'd say the directors over-did it. 

I thought you were from somewhere like Gothenburg and so was surprised by your descriptions of insularity and close-mindedness 

Oh shite. That level?

Well. If I lived there I hadn't even started this thread ;) I had been out several times in heels then.

I have to take the good with the bad. I'm getting restless if living in a town. I appreciate the calm and near to nature that the country side offers. It brings me down to peace. Work in the town it works but not more.

I know exactly what you mean. Oddly enough in the right sort of small town, one's differences and idiosyncracies can be absorbed and soon become just another part of the scenery, not commented upon by anybody.

On 5/31/2016 at 9:55 PM, swedeheeler said:

I have actually thinked over it. Some day there'll be a public out and about but what is the best style to be passed w/o notice but still a heel.

In my complex brain there's thoughts 'bout cowboy style as they're heeled in mens style as well like this one Cowboy boots

Or am I thinking wrong?

If you want to wear something with a heel that is totally male and discreet, you could consider these boots with a 2.75" cuban heel:   http://www.atomretro.com/product_info.cfm?product_id=11238&d=MADCAP-ENGLAND-CASBAH-CUBAN-ZIP-BOOTS-TAN

I have two pairs of these boots in UK11 - the tan leather as shown and the black suede.   They are well made, look smart and are comfortable.   My usual size is UK11 (occasionally 12), which equals Eu45/46 or (roughly) USW13/14.   I realise you have slightly larger feet than me but I think you would find the suede boots in UK12 quite wearable, as they give a little more than the plain leather boots.   This style is perfectly acceptable in public - but unfortunately my wife disagrees as she does not approve of me wearing any type of 'high heel'; I take no notice however!

Well, I'm not so sure about Gothenburg or Malmoe, but in Stockholm with close to 1 miljon people you are more anonymous and people tend to be a bit more progressive. ( and maybe more wrapped up with their own lives)

I can answer on Gothenburg actually. I have in 2010 lived there for a year, studies. They would not care either. I walked thru gothenburg in a tight laced visible corset from vollers once with my heart beating. The ones who noticed was like thumbs up. They liked it. A woman asked 'bout what brand. I happily told her. 

• 10 months later...
On 6/4/2016 at 6:54 AM, mlroseplant said:

If you want to be low profile, much as I hate to say it at this time of year, your options are pretty much boots, boots, or boots. You could go with an oxford, but for better or for worse, I think boots are considered more "manly," and you can get away with a much higher heel than you could with any other style without it even registering with people. 

Yes, I can understand TBG's point, but not all of us feel like being noticed, and certainly not all of the time. I don't always have the energy to wear exactly what I want every time I want. I do wear heels every time I go out (with some special exceptions), but much of the time, I still wear the same boot-cut jeans I started with 4 years ago. Only the heels have gotten higher and more feminine.

This past year, I have put more narrowly cut pants and even shorts into the mix, but I find I am definitely noticed more when I wear these, particularly the shorts. I think the pants make more difference than the shoes. As you become more confident in your heels, you can get more daring with showing them off. 

One photo is "stealth mode," and the other is "Look at me, yes I am dressed like a Vietnamese girl going to the movies with her boyfriend, and I like it!"

image.png

image.png

I have some ecco wedge oxfords just like those,cool pics.